Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:41 PM   #1

Looking at used toy haulers

I am looking to purchase a toy hauler. Right now on the table are a 2006 Jayco Octane ZX 24', a 2004 Fleetwood Redline 23', and a 2003 National BlazeN 31'. All units are pretty nice. They each have their own pros and cons for us. I am looking to see if anyone here has more information or personal experience with these. TIA

Robert

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would eliminate anything that has wood framing, including on the ramp or water damage.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:04 PM   #3

Well I think we found our trailer, its a 2005 Weekend Warrior FS3000. Yes I know about the issues with WW trailers, saw NO signs of any of those issues. Checked against a PDI check list, everything its very well kept. Only thing would be the awing has a small hole in it. Other than that the trailer checks out great.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:49 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroTekRob View Post
Well I think we found our trailer, its a 2005 Weekend Warrior FS3000. Yes I know about the issues with WW trailers, saw NO signs of any of those issues. Checked against a PDI check list, everything its very well kept. Only thing would be the awing has a small hole in it. Other than that the trailer checks out great.
As long as your happy with your choice. If the roof needs attention, consider DIY EPDM Roof Coating.
EPDM Coatings - Liquid EPDM Rubber Roof Coatings For Roof Leaks
When you replace the awning, it will last longer if you add Alumaguard or Uniguard to protect it from abuse and UV rays.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
As long as your happy with your choice. If the roof needs attention, consider DIY EPDM Roof Coating.
EPDM Coatings - Liquid EPDM Rubber Roof Coatings For Roof Leaks
When you replace the awning, it will last longer if you add Alumaguard or Uniguard to protect it from abuse and UV rays.

It is a really nice trailer. Amazing at some of the things that get past your eyes when you are really looking in to everything. Since bringing it home, and going through it. I have noticed spots were the sealant seems to be wearing down. No leaks at all, really just looks like it needs renewed. Would regular caulk sealant work? Needs in some edges of the trailer, and a window or 2 looks like it could be redone.