Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Question Looking to pull the trigger a Genesis Supreme 28CR Toy Hauler... Need Help!

I've been an RVr since I fell out of the make shift crib my dad built in our 60s Shasta. Since that time, and from my first RV purchase, I've always purchased top of the line model brands, always used, and usually at the end of their lives.
This time, I'm going for something new and shiny and never been lived in, and I'm looking for a toy hauler.
I've currently got a 2007 Jayco Octane ZX bumper pull toy hauler, and I know it wasn't at the top of the line, but it was my first venture in the toy hauler game, and it was super nice, and I paid cash for it.
Fast forward a couple years with the Octane, and I'm loving almost all of it still, I would just like to upgrade and love all of the new one...
I'm unusual (in more ways than one ) in the fact that I don't want a separate toy garage. I have 2 ATVs I bring along, and NOTHING out there under 45 feet has room enough to store 2 big bore 2 up machines in a separate garage. I also want to keep it under 35 feet. I go way into the back country here in Colorado, and I often find myself in places where 40' and longer just wouldn't be fun to maneuver.
I've done some looking and I keep going back to the Genesis Supreme 28CR, it ticks all my boxes, but the brand is so new I can't find a lot about them.
Anyone with any insight would be most helpful!
Thanks!

TheBeachHous is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2017, 12:26 AM   #2

What type of quads you hauling? They have lifts and wider tires? If they are stock width, almost anything with an unobstructed 10 ft garage can fit two 2-up quads. Can-am max quads are only 7ft long and 46in wide. My sportsman 1000 is only 47.5 inches wide. Many of the toyhauler brands have 8ft wide interiors in the garages.

What draws you to the genesis? Price, floor plan, features, size?

Old 09-12-2017, 09:19 PM   #3

I have the Genesis 34 GS, had for just over 1 year now and so far very happy. Only real problem was drum brakes, just did not provide much slow down help. Always up and down mountain from Phx to Flagstaff. I upgraded to disc to eliminate pucker factor and very happy. Has had couple little problems, landing gear switch, and had to tighten some water line fittings but I add that up to part of owning them and it probably does not help going down lots of forest roads to camp.
DW loves it! I haul a Polaris General in mine. Have only been boondocking (not into campgrounds) and batteries hold up well, plenty of storage. Even have couple friends buy same brand and are very happy. I am seeing more of the Genesis brand being used out here in AZ market, strong dealer willing to work with buyer.
I would do it again. I have even washed this trailer more than prior trailers, I guess that means I like it.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDINGisLIFE View Post
What type of quads you hauling? They have lifts and wider tires? If they are stock width, almost anything with an unobstructed 10 ft garage can fit two 2-up quads. Can-am max quads are only 7ft long and 46in wide. My sportsman 1000 is only 47.5 inches wide. Many of the toyhauler brands have 8ft wide interiors in the garages.

What draws you to the genesis? Price, floor plan, features, size?
I haul a 2014 Kawasaki BF 750, and a 2014 Can Am outlander Max. Both machines are less than 50" wide, but not by much - and both are completely stock. That being said, i have several friends who have toy haulers with garages, and short of turning one on its side, there is NO way 2 atvs will fit side x side and unless you have a 14' garage, they don't fit front to back.
The widest a trailer can be is 102" outside wall to outside wall, and if you subtract wall width, and door frames you get down to about 96" or so, and that just doesn't work.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:59 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino Rider View Post
I have the Genesis 34 GS, had for just over 1 year now and so far very happy. Only real problem was drum brakes, just did not provide much slow down help. Always up and down mountain from Phx to Flagstaff. I upgraded to disc to eliminate pucker factor and very happy. Has had couple little problems, landing gear switch, and had to tighten some water line fittings but I add that up to part of owning them and it probably does not help going down lots of forest roads to camp.
DW loves it! I haul a Polaris General in mine. Have only been boondocking (not into campgrounds) and batteries hold up well, plenty of storage. Even have couple friends buy same brand and are very happy. I am seeing more of the Genesis brand being used out here in AZ market, strong dealer willing to work with buyer.
I would do it again. I have even washed this trailer more than prior trailers, I guess that means I like it.
Thats awesome to hear. I see the short models all over the place, but no one talks about them. The trend went from buying a 45' monster, so you look the biggest and baddest, to now people scarfing up these short models because they realize you can't get anymore done in 45' than you can in 30'. Thanks for your feedback!
Old 09-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #6

According to kawi's website, the bf750 is 46.5" wide. Can am says the max is 46" wide. Most of the trailers I've looked at are 100-102" wide exterior. Usually on a toyhauler the walls are only 2" thick so that'd leave you 96-98" interior width. At 92.5" with your quads, you should have some wiggle room. I'd take a tape measure and go to a lot to check myself personally.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:25 PM   #7

I agree on the big trailers, I had large 4 horse Exiss with 13 foot living quarters. Buddy has triple axle Genesis and just to much. I actually wanted smaller than the 34 but wife wanted it - she won the discussion. At least toy hauler is shorter than horse trailer.
Good luck with your trailer.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:12 PM   #8

I have a Triton 2951 by Voltage.

I haul a can am 1000r outlander a 570 outlander side by side and my son's Honda Recon.

Most rigs are 98" interior width as mine is. That's 2- 49" wide rigs
Old 10-07-2017, 08:06 PM   #9

Hey BeachHous, wondering if you pulled trigger Genesis. Or did you go another route.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:55 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino Rider View Post
Hey BeachHous, wondering if you pulled trigger Genesis. Or did you go another route.
I haven't yet pulled that trigger... I've got my trailer for sale locally, and I've now got it narrowed down to a choice between the Heartland and the Genesis Supreme.
I have yet to find a fifthwheel or trailer wide enough to put two machines in sxs, math be damned, so i'm looking at a brand new Genesis or a used Heartland that also doesn't have the garage.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
I have a Triton 2951 by Voltage.

I haul a can am 1000r outlander a 570 outlander side by side and my son's Honda Recon.

Most rigs are 98" interior width as mine is. That's 2- 49" wide rigs
the 570 isn't 49, its 46 and 3 inches makes a difference... I also have a honda 420 that will fit next to my BF or Canam, but the can am and BF won't fit next to each other.
Do you have a picture of what that looks like in your trailer??
Old 10-09-2017, 05:03 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDINGisLIFE View Post
According to kawi's website, the bf750 is 46.5" wide. Can am says the max is 46" wide. Most of the trailers I've looked at are 100-102" wide exterior. Usually on a toyhauler the walls are only 2" thick so that'd leave you 96-98" interior width. At 92.5" with your quads, you should have some wiggle room. I'd take a tape measure and go to a lot to check myself personally.
I took my toys with me to the dealership because i said i wouldn't sign on any dotted line until i knew they both fit... There was no way.. WE got a tape out and measured my toys - The BF measured 47.5 (not factory tires) and the CanAm measured 48 with fender flares... It was the interior space that was limiting... It measured 92 at the door frame and 94 inside. so i'm guessing 102 inches must be at the absolute widest points (including door handles and awnings and what not...
Old 10-10-2017, 12:07 PM   #13

That's what I did too, took the toys to be absolutely sure. Did you try changing positions and did you have enough length to stagger?
Old 10-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeachHous View Post
the 570 isn't 49, its 46 and 3 inches makes a difference... I also have a honda 420 that will fit next to my BF or Canam, but the can am and BF won't fit next to each other.
Do you have a picture of what that looks like in your trailer??
Best I have right now

Tags
need help, toy hauler