Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:22 PM   #15

Dang it Phil! Oh well...give me a call (you still have my cell, right?) and we'll see about meetin' up outside...who knows, maybe we can snuggle up to some scanitly clad hussies and get our pic taken, huh?! (hey..I know of two right off the top of my head).

And anyone else who's goin'....we're in Turn 3, Row 3, Space 238 if ya waana drop by and shoot the poop over a toddy. With the sound system, we're easy to find in Turn 3. Just tune in to the good 'ol Rock 'N Roll...

Sean

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2006, 08:26 PM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh well...give me a call (you still have my cell, right?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I have no idea where I put it. Better call me tomorrow and this time I'll save it.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:32 PM   #17

Oh gees...check your PM!
Old 08-30-2006, 08:43 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Oh gees...check your PM! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done
Old 09-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #19

Hey Sean, I'm still waiting for you to call me back
Old 09-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Socal camper:
Hey Sean, I'm still waiting for you to call me back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Phil:

Sorry for that...this wasn't the best of weekends- yesterday morning I got so fed up with being HOT and my SLC giving me problems that I went back home- and left my cell in the trailer.

I'm gonna try to 'splain in the least amount of words as I can what happened, but the first thing that seemed to trigger all the events I will detail was the idiot on my driver side of our spot that decided to park less than 12" from our coach. Coupled with the fact I had to lower the front of the coach all the way down left very little air room for the generator to breathe, and THEN- HIS exhaust (his coach was a 20yo POS-MH) was right against my coach, and the O2 sensor decided to beep it's fool head off the whole time, so yesterday morning after waking up HOT, I literally ripped it out of the wall. That was my breaking point. This was after the previous night where I had called the Fire Dept out twice to see if I could get them to use a portable CO sensor to see if that darn thing was crying 'wolf', but they didn't have one (can you believe that? I could'nt!), and kept going back to the "dual exhaust" issue we had going- what I considered a "rush to judgement. I wanted them to tell me just how much noxious fumes were getting into my coach. They did get my neighbor to pull his coach up a little bit, but it didn't help. I even made a trip to Home Depot on Saturday to get some dryer flex line to vent my exhaust up to the top of the coach, but it didn't help either. I had people getting mad at me for being fervent with the fire guys (albeit....gentlemanly , and I've been told they came back the next day (prolly wanted to see if there were any dead bodies they needed to pick up).

And of course, because of the heat the generator was putting out, over and above the ambient of 111*, the 30amp circuit breaker kept tripping on the genset, and THEN two of the POS inline fuses WW put on my rig after their glorious landing gear motor replacement, the ding-dang things MELTED TOGETHER! Lost all of my 12 volt.

I had no chance of keeping our rig somewhat bearable in terms of temperature- none. I was DONE-stick a fork in me kinda DONE, so I boogied back home, dropped the thermostat down to 72*, took a nap, then watched the race. Went back down this morning to pick up the rig. I'm still reeling from the weekend, and will try to call you something this week. DW's still mad at me, so the intensity around here is heightened.

Murphy kicked my buttt this weekend...as far as Fontana goes for the Labor Day Race, you can count me out until they increase the RV spots to 20x40 (now only 15x40). That was another reason why I was calling the Fire Dept- I was hoping a logged call and them experiencing the closeness and toxicity of the 'experience' would help guide the track to consider it. You just can't put that many rigs together- all running gensets- together with the heat, and expect NOT to get sick. They did admit to me that they've had that problem, but couldn't split it between just heat-related incidents and heat/CO incidents.

Oh well...Phoenx is next...cooler weather in November, and 20 x 40 spots- where we have 8 of them for our 5 coaches- we'll be fine.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:46 PM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Socal camper:
Hey Sean, I'm still waiting for you to call me back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Phil:

Sorry for that...this wasn't the best of weekends- yesterday morning I got so fed up with being HOT and my SLC giving me problems that I went back home- and left my cell in the trailer.

I'm gonna try to 'splain in the least amount of words as I can what happened, but the first thing that seemed to trigger all the events I will detail was the idiot on my driver side of our spot that decided to park less than 12" from our coach. Coupled with the fact I had to lower the front of the coach all the way down left very little air room for the generator to breathe, and THEN- HIS exhaust (his coach was a 20yo POS-MH) was right against my coach, and the O2 sensor decided to beep it's fool head off the whole time, so yesterday morning after waking up HOT, I literally ripped it out of the wall. That was my breaking point. This was after the previous night where I had called the Fire Dept out twice to see if I could get them to use a portable O2 sensor to see if that darn thing was crying 'wolf', but they didn't have one (can you believe that? I could'nt!), and kept going back to the "dual exhaust" issue we had going- what I considered a "rush to judgement. I wanted them to tell me just how much noxious fumes were getting into my coach. They did get my neighbor to pull his coach up a little bit, but it didn't help. I even made a trip to Home Depot on Saturday to get some dryer flex line to vent my exhaust up to the top of the coach, but it didn't help either. I had people getting mad at me for being fervent with the fire guys (albeit....gentlemanly , and I've been told they came back the next day (prolly wanted to see if there were any dead bodies they needed to pick up).

And of course, because of the heat the generator was putting out, over and above the ambient of 111*, the 30amp circuit breaker kept tripping on the genset, and THEN two of the POS inline fuses WW put on my rig after their glorious landing gear motor replacement, the ding-dang things MELTED TOGETHER! Lost all of my 12 volt.

I had no chance of keeping our rig somewhat bearable in terms of temperature- none. I was DONE-stick a fork in me kinda DONE, so I boogied back home, dropped the thermostat down to 72*, took a nap, then watched the race. Went back down this morning to pick up the rig. I'm still reeling from the weekend, and will try to call you something this week. DW's still mad at me, so the intensity around here is heightened.

Murphy kicked my buttt this weekend...as far as Fontana goes for the Labor Day Race, you can count me out until they increase the RV spots to 20x40 (now only 15x40). That was another reason why I was calling the Fire Dept- I was hoping a logged call and them experiencing the closeness and toxicity of the 'experience' would help guide the track to consider it. You just can't put that many rigs together- all running gensets- together with the heat, and expect NOT to get sick. They did admit to me that they've had that problem, but couldn't split it between just heat-related incidents and heat/CO2 incidents.

Oh well...Phoenx is next...cooler weather in November, and 20 x 40 spots- where we have 8 of them for our 5 coaches- we'll be fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a bummer.It was hotter than there I didnt want to leave our spot down at Huntington and wouldn't have gone if I wasnt sitting in the AC of the suite. I stayed in there untill the sun went down, then went up on the roof to watch the rest. I will be taking my rig to Phoenix as well. What day you heading out?
Old 09-04-2006, 06:47 PM   #22

Geeez Sean, I was watching the race last night on tv thinking you were there having a good ole time and then I read this. Wow....that's the ****'* that's for sure.

Maybe the track ought to require an exhaust stack for all generators. That situation just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Wes.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I will be taking my rig to Phoenix as well. What day you heading out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're going out the Saturday before- we're doing the Rookie Experience there on the Sunday before, so all told we'll be there almost 10 days. I'd give you our spot location, but don't have it handy right now- I'll get it to ya.

And Wes: that was also part of the discussion- but I'd rather have 20 x 40 spots! Seriously, that item was on my list before going, but never got around to it. If a dam CW was around, I prolly would've bought that dang Camco unit- but I'm glad I didn't (hummmm....need to start a thread on that one to see what everyone uses....hummmmm).
Old 09-04-2006, 07:20 PM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(hummmm....need to start a thread on that one to see what everyone uses....hummmmm). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be interested in that also. I have a feeling I would have to mod one. I don't want it blocking the generator access door or passing in front of the kitchen window. I'd definitely need a couple of elbows in mine.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:04 PM   #25

Done deal Wes...let's see what everyone has to say- I've linked it to 3 other forums here!
Old 09-04-2006, 08:16 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Boy, I was thinking about you and the heat when I heard how hot it was. Just too darn hot to be sitting in the infield with hundreds of other RV's. In fact almost too hot to be in a trailer at all, if you ask me. Sorry you had a bad time. Here I was worrying about you in the heat and you were sitting home watching the race, just like I was.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:28 PM   #27

I was told the price is going to almost double next year. Maybe they are going to make the spots bigger and are going to make up the difference by charging more.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:35 PM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Boy, I was thinking about you and the heat when I heard how hot it was. Just too darn hot to be sitting in the infield with hundreds of other RV's. In fact almost too hot to be in a trailer at all, if you ask me. Sorry you had a bad time. Here I was worrying about you in the heat and you were sitting home watching the race, just like I was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah...you were worrying alright... Awwwwhhh....I know you did.

Actually, until my neighbor showed up, I was able to keep the inside below 84* (with over 100*), and the good news was that it cooled down nicely at night (mid to low 70's). But then HE showed up, and at first I thought: "hey....it'll keep the sun off the sides". Little did I know he was about 6-8" off my gelcoat- some things just need air to breathe.