Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:59 PM   #127

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Well guys, I was thinking as early as possible. Its a lot easier to keep warm than to keep cool when boondocking. I guess the real deal here is to see if there are people that want to catch the sand mountain gathering on the way back. Actually I'd like to go a couple of weeks earlier but if there's enough interest then we could go later and hope for the best. Personally, sand mountain aside, I'd like to go the last week of April or the first week of May but like I said we are close, wonder if the other bunch would consider moving up two weeks to coincide with ours so it would work for all and go earlier as well. Just a thought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Tom,

Since you're coming all the way from Oklahoma,
I think you should pick the dates that work for you.

Maybe Sandy could chime in with the dates that
Adriana will be out of school.

Lady Di and I are very flexible and will go when
ever the group goes.....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2005, 07:22 PM   #128
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey, the rest of you chime in here and tell us what you think. We DO need to get this done and a date installed.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:54 AM   #129

The only input I can supply at the moment is that our preference would be that we hit Moab while our daughter has her spring break. Over the years our school district has typically designated spring break as the entire week prior to Easter including the day after Easter, which would be April 9-17 next year. Unfortunately, the school office does not re-open until August 8th so I can confirm those dates.

Now, factoring in Murphy's Law, it would be just my luck that THIS year they decide to change the format and take a different week for Spring Break.

Anyway, that's my two cents for now.
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 03:59 PM   #130

So Sandy:

You got that little "M" guy hangin' on YOUR shoulder also, ey?

That would be our preference also...but the "M" would probably make sure our week was different from YOUR week!!

We'll just hafta see, huh?

Thanks!

Sean
Old 08-01-2005, 12:15 PM   #131
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sandyfeet and WWFan, When you find out the dates that would work just post them and we'll see how they will work. I really don't have to plan around anything, just don't want freezing weather or hot weather. Other than that I'm good to go.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:28 PM   #132

Thanks Tom, but I'm not going to hold up the crowd because I didn't have my son earlier in life! We'll just work it out!

Sean
Old 08-07-2005, 09:07 AM   #133

Figured I'd take this chance to bring Moab back up to the top. We just got a notice in the mail from school confirming that Spring Break will be April 10-14. Of course, I'm not sweatin' leavin' a day early or gettin' back a day late.

Can we nail the dates down?
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:00 PM   #134
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sandyfeet

Nope! How's that for the short answer. Sorry Sandyfeet.

I hate to tell you this but the Easter Safari is held there every year the week before and including Easter weekend. This means there won't be a piece of ground to be had for camping for miles and people everywhere. In 2006, its the week of 8th through the 16th.

They also have a car show and auction shown for the weekend of the 28th but don't know how big a deal that is. At least they won't be out riding on the trails.

So, I would say either the week of the 24th or maybe better, the 1st or 2nd week of May. Sean's good at voting, maybe we need to get a vote going for week of April 24, May 1st, or May 8th.

On edit: Week of April 24th looks the best. May starts to heat up, the car show and auction would be the weekend that we have to leave anyway. What do you think?

Is there some way to work around the kids Sandyfeet?

I figure from here I would be able to get there on Saturday, the 22nd and not have to leave until sometime Friday morning, need to be in Albuquerque Friday night.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:19 PM   #135

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is there some way to work around the kids Sandyfeet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandy...when we take Brian out of school, we get with the teachers and get all of his homework before we go on vacation and he does homework EVERY NIGHT while we're out. If they balk, then we know they're guilty of teaching one week at at time, which is a pretty good thing to know when the education of your "little one" is at stake.

Tom...I believe they left this morning for their Shakedown cruise, so it'll be a while before we hear from them. We can make it whenever, and thnaks for checking this out- I know April is a tough month there BECAUSE of the temperatures. I vote for 4/24 week...

Sean
Old 08-08-2005, 08:52 PM   #136

We home school so we're good-to-go anytime...Is now to soon? Aw, way to hot now huh?

Based on the temps on this site, I vote for sometime in April.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:29 AM   #137
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Yeah Wes, I've been looking at a similar calendar. Thats why I'm thinking April too, could do May but it will be hotter, don't mind the day, well, unless its too hot, but its got to be cool at night to sleep well if boondocking.

Lets say the week of the 24th, need to have 56 check in with his ranger buddies out there and see what they say. (when he gets back)

Besides, that'll give me 3 months before I have to turn around and pull back out to New Mexico again. I see new trailer tires by spring.