Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2005, 07:52 PM   #29

Okay, once again, you guys have completely blown me away since noon today! Don't any of you guys WORK?

Moab is a terrific idea, Tom! You know King Salami and I will definitely be in this caravan. I vote for BLM land because we can stay up late and laugh around the campfire and not get any stink eye from the neighbors. I doubt there are any private campgrounds that we can ride out of, anyway.

Sandy
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2005, 07:56 PM   #30

Hi Deb, Thanks for being a teacher. I know that can be tough at times too. I am very excited about the trailer and all the great people on this forum. Can't wait to get together with all of you. My wife Jennifer works at a dentel clinic. Two daughters 14 and 12. Tell Melon howdy for me.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:16 AM   #31

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Saved allot of brothers over there and of course hauled way to many angel's. I've enjoyed the Corps. It's been a good career. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Griz
hard to imagine what would have happened to any Westerner who would have stood next to that wall for that pic, that you're in, a handful of years ago.
good stuff
and like was mentioned a few weeks ago, that copters a nice toy. I'd guess they aren't the easiest to work on, but if you get a chance to bring one home with you ....
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:01 AM   #32

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SandyFeet:
Okay, once again, you guys have completely blown me away since noon today! Don't any of you guys WORK?

Moab is a terrific idea, Tom! You know King Salami and I will definitely be in this caravan. I vote for BLM land because we can stay up late and laugh around the campfire and not get any stink eye from the neighbors. I doubt there are any private campgrounds that we can ride out of, anyway.

Sandy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandy!

I'm on vaca this week...got lots to do, but still finding some time to yack around here!

Hey...I also vote for BLM country...I think we'll need some 'room' between us and the NEXT CITY. Great idea!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:12 AM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Okay, once again, you guys have completely blown me away since noon today! Don't any of you guys WORK? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Sandy, I was and am working. As long as my phone is next to me I'm working and since I have to stay on computer all day, well...a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Course, some days I go out and work in the garage, got a phone there too. Only when I have to travel do I really work. I know, its a hard life but someone has to do it.

Now, for the rest of these guy's, who knows.....!

As for BLM, that'll work for me. We just have to find a place somehow that will accomodate these big rigs and mine's not exactly designed for offroading since I was more worried about the approach angle for the cars than going boondocking.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:17 AM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Only when I have to travel do I really work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, thats really not correct either. I just tell other people what to do and make sure its done to my satisfaction.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:02 PM   #35

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Hey...I also vote for BLM country...I think we'll need some 'room' between us and the NEXT CITY. Great idea!Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here are all the BLM group campsites near Moab
Click Here

Wow..... I just tried to access the site and
it's busy

Looks like Gold Bar might be our best bet of these campsites.

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:44 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Great info 56, I got onto the site and Gold bar does look like the most likely. In the printer version they say "recommended for up to 6 RV's". Wonder if they mean per group site or all together. If it was per group site that would work. We could just rent the whole place!

The only other question is can you ride out of there on your ATV's? Anybody know?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #37

Boy Howie:

You make a good secretary! We're gonna have to add THAT duty to your title as Mod Genius Extrodinaire!

But it looks like we're gonna have to wait to see about reserving it until January, huh? Think we outta reserve all the sites? That's 180 peeps....and a guarantee we won't have neighbors!

Sean
Old 06-15-2005, 04:16 PM   #38

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Great info 56, I got onto the site and Gold bar does look like the most likely. In the printer version they say "recommended for up to 6 RV's". Wonder if they mean per group site or all together. If it was per group site that would work. We could just rent the whole place!

The only other question is can you ride out of there on your ATV's? Anybody know? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Tom,

I've have a call into the BLM office in Moab.
They had their phone answer machine on, so I
left my phone number asking for a return call.

Hopefully they'll call back.

I'm also going to ask them about boon docking
on some of their land, close to main roads for
lets say 20 - 25 rigs.

We'll definately want a site we all can ride
out of as a posse group

Sean,

You give me too much credit. I'm just another
dumb Swede with too much time on my hands

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:43 PM   #39

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Sean,

You give me too much credit. I'm just another
dumb Swede with too much time on my hands </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who could argue with that?! Well, maybe the 'dumb' part!

You're an integral part of our humor and information database...I can't even think of an iRV2 without 56Nomad to load up the servers!

Gawd...I wish next April was next week. I am totally mesmerized by those pics...so much diff that our mountains or desert. Tom- couldn't you of waited a while to tease us, or was there this unweilding urge to blurt it out now?!

Sean
Old 06-15-2005, 05:51 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well, yeah, I could have waited, but look at it this way. We now have a year to get ready.
Besides, with a place like Moab you have to plan ahead to find room, then everyone has to plan vacations to match, and on top of all that, we may have to pick up a lot of cans between now and then to afford the fuel.

It'll be hard to wait, we may have to drop this thread for awhile and revive it later to survive.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:55 PM   #41

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tom- couldn't you of waited a while to tease us, or was there this unweilding urge to blurt it out now?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that WAS an unexpected idea that came with no advance warning, and even came with a proposed timeframe, and as i recall Tom even said he had called or emailed the Chamber there for info.
Just one of those brainstorms that meets with a resounding YEA from everyone who heard it.

when we used to ride out motorcycles from SanDiego to Four Corners every Sept., we would have a little fun mapping out our route for a few weeks before the trip, even though we ended up taking the same darn route each and every time, and we all knew even where we would stop for even the burgers by heart.
east on 8 and eventually up 666 past ShipRock
so eventually we can post MapQuests
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:44 PM   #42

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:

Gawd...I wish next April was next week.

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't ..........maybe I'll actually have something to pull by next April.

Nice pics 56.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote