Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-16-2005, 09:10 PM   #57

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Thats great news Howie. I can see an increased need for extra water, fuel, and all the goodies.

As for opening it up on the other forum, whatever you guys think, but, I would vote for keeping it here in IRV2 for the simple fact that too many unknowns could really cause us a problem there, and the logistics of this could become overwhelming. (out of control) (as if we aren't already)

Friends and family included, of course, or excluded from the above comments, whatever! you all know what I mean, I hope.

Thats my 25 cents worth! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom:

You know...I was thinking of that when Howie first threw it out there, and I'm twixt and between...there's a whole bunch of good peeps we meet at Dove Springs and wouldn't have a problem (actually would invite them myself!), but you have a legimate concern...maybe we outta defer this to FatDog and let him catch all the crap!

No seriously, good people on the 'other' forum (some have even re-joined back here on iRV2 since Dove)...but I think with the geographical nature of this trip, we may have quite the crowd already considering it's central to a few boomer groups.. I vote for seeing who shows up on "OUR" site, and chimes in for the next few months....this is a business that needs to sell itself on its own terms, but then again...the more the merrier.

Mike? Help?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2005, 09:23 PM   #58
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thats kind of the way I was leaning when I wrote that. You know, if we know of someone that we would like to come, great, invite them, but, to throw an open invite to any and all on the other forum MIGHT be an invite for trouble, maybe not as far as the people are concerned, but the overwhelming size of it could really be a problem. On the other hand it might not be a problem at all. 20-30 rigs are gonna be a big group, what if you have 50-60 or more. ??????.

Mikey, help!

See, I'm with you.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:40 PM   #59

Just to keep a running count, here's a list of those who have said "aye".

Vette Racer
56Nomad
FatDog
WWFan
high desert
C.CARNEY
SandyFeet

Seven rigs and counting.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:47 PM   #60

Tom and Sean,

Good points on invites. I'll throw my vote to
keep it on IRV2.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:04 AM   #61

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
good thought processing guys!
this really is a friendly and analytical site
because this Rally is in a central location, you guys are right it Could really get huge,

but then again this would be a great way to meet some other quality people. And that certainly has an appeal.

The caliber of people we seem to attract here is A-1, I would think lets let things progress and my gut feeling says that there could be some other rigs would might make the trip with us who would fit just great here!

When the like of Howie, and Sean, and Clark, and Marrianne are saying how great some other folk are, well i'm inclined to think 'friend of theirs - friend of mine'.

Tom, and all here, I am very impressed at how this whole rally was initially suggested and how quickly some really informative ideas and help came along. I think the caliber of people here, is the same sort that anyone of us would like to see more of.

maybe we take it casual but lets see who else wants to come along. We'll maybe keep the thread here, but I enjoy good company and i think we'll find some more because of this. I know I REALLY enjoy all of your guys company.

good job
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:07 AM   #62
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sounds good to me Mike.

Think I'll start worrying about all the things I need for this along with the things I need to do to get ready for our New Mexico trip. Fun, fun.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:39 AM   #63

This sounds do-able to us.. Though I have a quick question.. I (we) have little ones.. M oldest is 6 years old and the rest are 4 and 2.. The six year old rides a xr50 and same sized quad and the 4 year old alos puts around on the quad.. We have had no problem locally but will it fly in Utah?
I see there is a 8-16 year old cert requirement. Does that mean my boys cannot ride at all? Just wondering... I can get some fake id's I guess :-)
\Noob

06 WW LE3305
TH_NOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:09 PM   #64

Okay, my instinct also tells me let's keep this trip info on IRV2 and whoever manages to wander over here is more than welcome to jump in.

TH_NOOB: In all our years of riding I have yet to see any ranger come into camp and check if the kids have passed ATV courses. I would think little guys putting around camp on 50s wouldn't even raise an eyebrow. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:44 PM   #65

Sandy:

I think with your 'muster' there'll be plenty 'o folk that chimes in here!

And \Bob: I second Sandy's comment...unless the kids are trying to be Brian Deegan, they're probably pretty safe! If they say something, well...we'll just hafta get 'em plastered!

Sean
Old 06-19-2005, 05:30 PM   #66
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think with your 'muster' there'll be plenty 'o folk that chimes in here! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandy, I think that means if you know someone that needs to come, take care of it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If they say something, well...we'll just hafta get 'em plastered </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh, just exactly what does this mean?????????

Is that the kids or the ranger???
Old 06-19-2005, 05:34 PM   #67

You know Tom:

Boy...I can see where there's some room for confusion there!! But as far as the 'plastered' part, of course that would be the rangers! So if you see that they're getting lawful on us, just hand 'em a beer- it's not a bribe, it's hospitality!
Old 06-19-2005, 05:40 PM   #68
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
And the next thing you know we're all in the slammer.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:22 PM   #69

Ah Tom! They wouldn't do that to us! We're too nice 'o bunch (and we will be I promise for me!).

Sean
Old 06-20-2005, 05:27 AM   #70

I'm ready to go right now. Just got the tune up trip done, things are working great, and the road is calling!!!!!

Tom and Howie, thanks for looking into finding a spot for all of us. I konw this is going to be a great time!!!

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote