Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-21-2005, 11:42 AM   #71

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As for opening it up on the other forum, whatever you guys think, but, I would vote for keeping it here in IRV2
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Okay, my instinct also tells me let's keep this trip info on IRV2 and whoever manages to wander over here is more than welcome to jump in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And, I think we should put an envite to those other reprobates </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Howie, for that last comment.. I work hard to maintain that status... I couldn't let you all keep this a secret any longer. Now I need to remember a password on yet ANOTHER forum!

Gee.. I feel like the kid in school who didn't get invited to the birthday party!! Sure, I like to blow stuff up and drink into the weeee hours of the morning, but you all (some of you) know that most of us are nice folk over "there".

If I promise not to pee on your trailer or date your wife; can we join you??

Jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2005, 12:53 PM   #72

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sure, I like to blow stuff up and drink into the weeee hours of the morning, but you all (some of you) know that most of us are nice folk over "there".

If I promise not to pee on your trailer or date your wife; can we join you?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jamman, you just passed the audition. (Didn't the Beatles ask that once on one of their songs?)
Right off the bat, I think we need to concentrate on that "blowing stuff up" thing you mentioned though, we REALLY need someone like that.
And most of the guys here seem to have gel-coat siding on their trailers so don't worry about that other thing you mentioned doing to the trailers either, ohhh....., except mine, i still prefer aluminum siding.

Welcome Jamman !!!!
(nice avatar too)

How's that Raptor working for you,
and whats your preference in riding machine?

Mike

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:23 PM   #73

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

If I promise not to pee on your trailer or date your wife; can we join you?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Jay!!! How's it goin guy? Welcome to iRV2- we've had alot of fun around here lately and don't plan on stoppin', so stick around and have some fun!

And as I got to know firsthand, there are ALOT of great peeps over at the 'other' place...we just gotta get 'em over here...so you gonna put Moab on the 06 calendar?

Good to hear from you!

Sean
Old 06-21-2005, 02:22 PM   #74

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How's that Raptor working for you,
and whats your preference in riding machine?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Raptor is awesome. We've used it so much lately I am looking to install a mailbox and have my mail forwarded to it. I'm an old MX'er and my machine of choice is a 2-stroke YZ. Those 4 wheeled things are just too weird for me. The raptor spends a lot of time at the track and has definitely become the cat's meow on pit row....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> And as I got to know firsthand, there are ALOT of great peeps over at the 'other' place...we just gotta get 'em over here...so you gonna put Moab on the 06 calendar?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Moab sounds like fun. I'd have to say though, there's nothing wrong (in my opinion) with opening this up to all T/H owners, from both forums. I know the November So Cal rally at Dove Springs is open to all, as well as every other get together we do over there. The way I look at it; there's more food at the pot-luck and more wood for the fire....

Was there a definative date somewhere in this thread? I may have missed it.

Jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:27 PM   #75

We just returned from Coral Pink, Ut. Very cool place. One of the best ever. If only it was closer....

For kids under 8, no riding by themselves. But you can ride double there, I spent part of the weekend with one of LACOFDFIREMANS kids riding on my tank. From 8-15, Utah cert required for them to ride by themselves. Also, helmets are optional for 18 and over.

This Moab trip sounds awesome. If it's towards the end of Apr, we can probably make it. March is pretty well booked up for us, and I won't have any leftover vacation time until late Apr.

Clark, we may be able to carry an ATV for you if needed....

I think I'll be spending more time over here, what's required to no longer be considered a reprobate? I'm getting a little tired of the high-handedness of the Admin's over there.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:36 PM   #76

Hey diirk,

Thanks for the offer. Just might take you up on that!!! Hauling my toys is the only bummer about not having a hauler, but I really love my Alfa!!! Just got back from Mammoth, I had at least 15 people come over to the rig to check it out. (The front window attracts attention)

Moab is going to be an awesome trip, it will be one heck of a trailer caravan from So Cal to Utah!!!

Good to see you here, I read over there too. Looks like the admins are cracking down alot.

I'll be home the next 4 days so if your in the neighborhood, stop by.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:44 PM   #77

Clark,
PM me your number, we'll try to make it by this week. Or, maybe we can meet up for dinner. We try to come out to town a couple times a week.

It'll will definately be an amazing caravan. Definate photo op.

2007 Rally site
Old 06-21-2005, 08:07 PM   #78

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diirk:
We just returned from Coral Pink, Ut. Very cool place. One of the best ever. If only it was closer....
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Diirk! Howdy again! Boy...that was one of the places we were goonna hit on our Utah Heaven trip that was scheduled for next week, but alot of things have changed...got any pics to share? THAT'S a place I'd love to go to...

Moab is going to be a blast...and I'm sure we'll be making that one after March, so I think you're safe...just load up on those V-Days and you'll be all set!!

Sean
Old 06-21-2005, 08:25 PM   #79

Unfortunately, I don't have any good pics of the dunes. They are pretty nice though. I managed to hurt my shoulder and spent the majority of my time at camp. Also, I didn't bring the paddles for the Ridge Runner, which really is a must have there. We handled most of the dunes, but it was difficult. The sand there is finer than any other I've seen and there are some great forest type trails too. Some pics can be found on my website HERE.
I'll see if anyone else took some pics.....

2007 Rally site
Old 06-21-2005, 09:03 PM   #80

Diirk,
I love Coral Pink. We just went last May. We got snowed out. I have made that an anual trip for the past four years. Do you ever stop in Colorado City? Lock up your daughters.

That little buggy you got is sweat. I could watch that Glamis video over and over again on your web sight. Now I'm Jonesing to go riding. We have a Honda Odyssey that is fun, but not nearly what you guy make. I'll keep an eye on your schedule. Maybe we'll meet up.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:11 PM   #81

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
I'll see if anyone else took some pics..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You rang..... Picts of Pink Dunes
Old 06-21-2005, 09:13 PM   #82

Erik:

OK...we'll let you off the hook THIS time, but that's it! (Didn't you get that free Digital camera coupon when you logged on here?!).

OK...back to Moab...Jay...we as a group decided it was best that we make the Moab trip ours- anyone's invited, as long as they come on over and mingle here. No slant on the 'other forum', but we needed a little self-preservation that we've been really looking for for quite some time here. I, personally, wudda been remorse in asking you, Diirk, Phatty, Brianzzz, and anyone else YOU deemed worthy of being a part of this family from being A PART OF THIS FAMILY. But we just felt it needed to be on our turf (not that we're playing Cowboys & Indians), so THIS family got some more peeps in the discussion- it IS a business, as far as iRV2's sponsors and contributors, and they deserve to have some recognition for the money (and time that we've all put in here) recognized. No hard feelings buddy?

Moab's gonna be a blast...planning a trip this early is gonna get a whole bunch of peeps' juices flowing, so the more the merrier! Let's just make sure it's the group (and I nkow you guys are savvy to this) that iRV2 can be proud of.

That said...FatDog's sure gotta lot of banners to make up between now and then!

Wow...whatta group!! Let's go for it!!

Sean
Old 06-21-2005, 09:19 PM   #83

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamman:
Was there a definative date somewhere in this thread? I may have missed it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Jay.... good to see ya over here!

I don't know if they figgered out a date yet,
but we'll be going no matter what.

It's gonna be a blast

Howie
Old 06-21-2005, 09:23 PM   #84

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Moab's gonna be a blast...Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 56Nomad: It's gonna be a blast </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean.... what a coinkidink. Great minds think alike