Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2006, 07:31 AM   #15

Like I said, I am planning a trip there this year (2007). We are taking a full month (mabey 6 weeks ) and doing Glacier NP, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and Moab. We will probably start in Moab in mid June and work our way back north. I will be on the look out for places to dry camp around Moab for you. I will record all routes and campspots and send them to you (Garmin GPS Map 60CS). My plan is to get into a campsite for the first night or 2 while I scout out a good place to dry camp with the Jeep, then head there for the rest of the stay where we can use the quads and easely access the Jeep trails. Is there a place on this site where we can upload/download GPS tracks? If not I know of a place. Who knows, I might even show up in 2008.
Cheers
Bear
2000 Volvo 660 425hp 1550ft/lbs torque, 15 speed. 2006 Canadian Sport 385 RLTS (40'10") triple slide 5'er, Trailair pinbox, Onan 5500 Marquis Platnum, 300 watts solar, 3000 watt inverter, 2003 Harley Davidson Road King. 3 Polaris Sportsman quads, 94
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Bear, that would help a bunch. I don't know about the gps question but I do have one so if you can get us the coordinates I can dial them in and find it. Here's a link to a site that has some good boondocking locations listed. Sites

Thanks!
Vette Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:24 AM   #17

For a campground to meet or start take a look at this one.www.archviewresort.com. Seems to have everything you need to get started. Close to trails etc. WE are going to stay here in June for the UTV rally.

2004 Fleetwood Gearbox
NEVERENOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:48 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Neverenough

Since you are going here this year let us know how the temps are, not to mention the lay of the land, same as what I said to Bear. Get all the info you can and funnel it back, please.

I just pulled up a 2008 calendar and was looking at dates. Since some of you have kids and we are looking for reasonable temps too, whats the earliest you can go???
Old 12-31-2006, 02:15 AM   #19

Vette Racer depending on spring break I could make a trip in March but it can still be a little chilly then. I am always up for an early June trip. I will check out as much as possible look for dry camping areas etc. My wife and myself along with another couple are taking a day just to explore on our own so I will let you know.

2004 Fleetwood Gearbox
NEVERENOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Since I know we are looking at an early June trip here's a link to weather there. The earlier the better. What do you think?

Moab weather
Old 01-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #21

click here

The attached pics of a map show a great spot to camp. Clear at night and views of the snow capped mountains that will take your breath away. The spots are secluded so you feel like you have the whole desert to yourself.

We go out every April for ATV riding and this spot has never let us down. Just south of town and mucho riding from camp. I've stayed at ArchView and its a nice place. I see they just raised their rates. It is easy to ride (on ATV's) from their location via the frontage road.

Enjoy
KB
Old 01-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thanks Keith for the info. I copied down the gps info and downloaded the map.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #23

Wow,

We're still shakin' out the sand from the New Water Mountains Wilderness trails near Quartzite We got back yesterday, late afternoon.

The last time we tried to find out about a group site at the Moab BLM office, we got zero help as they were not interested in helping us off-roaders. I think their management favors the hikers and mountain bike folks.

Our friends Steve and Peg spent about a month in the Moab area riding their dirt bikes this August and Sept. and know the trails well. I'll check with them and see if they might have any ideas as far as a group boondock site.

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:41 AM   #24

We hope some of you guys can make the UTV Rally. If you need anything, just let me know.

Chris
www.utvrally.com
ravencr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:58 PM   #25

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Since I know we are looking at an early June trip here's a link to weather there. The earlier the better. What do you think?

Moab weather </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first or second week in June are good for us Tom. I'll have to crack the whip to get the kids to finish school by then though. I don't think we could make it any earlier, and from the end of June on looks way too hot.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:32 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Wes, do you think the 1st week will work or will the second week be better? You know the drill, earlier the better but, I want to make it where everyone can go that wants to.

As I said earlier, I'm planning on going to an RV park for the first night or two while finding a place to camp. That way I can empty the tanks, fill the others, and be ready to drycamp for a few days, not to mention be able to look over some drycamping areas. Makes sense to me!
Old 01-25-2007, 07:40 PM   #27

Tom, Sue says the first week is a no-go for us. The boys won't be able to finish school by then.
Hopefully the second week in June will work for everyone else. Sean?
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:12 PM   #28

We ARE talking about 2008, right? Geesh...by then the school year will prolly be only 100 days long... Between Teacher-In-Service days (errr...whatever they call them now- they have changed the name to protect the innocent- NOT!) and every holiday known to man on the books, I'm surprised they go at all anymore. Hey...don't get me started...

Brian's prolly in school that 2nd week, but we might be able to work something out- they're not doing much that last week anyway. But to be truthful, June could be a really warm one- have we entertained the idea of using the Easter/Spring Break time for this trip?
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote