Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-07-2005, 08:29 PM   #1

FINALLY got done what I set out almost a month ago when we got our new rig- the "Exterior" sound system...this is my "lite" DJ system that is a part of my main DJ setup. This 'lite' version is 2000w if you don't want stereo, 800w per channel if you do want stereo (and I do).

Got tired of having to go inside the rig all the time to change the sound...now it's 'in the basement'...

Let me augment this thread with the disclaimer that I am RETIRED at the DJ biz- did it for 19 years and got sick and tired of haulin' the equipment around. As far as I'm concerned, this 'lite' version is a permanent mount, and will stay that way. But our group does love the tunes, and I still oblige, but with only with pre-programmed CD's I have (no mixing!). [Liar] Of course, I still do that to a certain extent, but I gotta be in the mood now.

Next steps...find some way to route the SAT signal over to it from the receiver and the Exterior sound to the interior...THAT will take some doing, but it WILL get done!

We still do some partying!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2005, 08:29 PM   #2

FINALLY got done what I set out almost a month ago when we got our new rig- the "Exterior" sound system...this is my "lite" DJ system that is a part of my main DJ setup. This 'lite' version is 2000w if you don't want stereo, 800w per channel if you do want stereo (and I do).

Got tired of having to go inside the rig all the time to change the sound...now it's 'in the basement'...

Let me augment this thread with the disclaimer that I am RETIRED at the DJ biz- did it for 19 years and got sick and tired of haulin' the equipment around. As far as I'm concerned, this 'lite' version is a permanent mount, and will stay that way. But our group does love the tunes, and I still oblige, but with only with pre-programmed CD's I have (no mixing!). [Liar] Of course, I still do that to a certain extent, but I gotta be in the mood now.

Next steps...find some way to route the SAT signal over to it from the receiver and the Exterior sound to the interior...THAT will take some doing, but it WILL get done!

We still do some partying!

Old 07-07-2005, 08:32 PM   #3

Dude, your sweet! Thats just a Captin Insane'o stereo system!!

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #4

Sean,

Wow..........nice set up....and that is a tight fit isn't it. Really looks like it came with the coach.

And what brand of speakers are you running?

Can't wait to hear it.......must sound awesome out in the boonies.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:44 PM   #5

Dude!!! You are THE MAN !!!

Are we gonna rock Moab next year or what!!!

Looks awesome Sean.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:52 PM   #6

Yeap...will have tunes at Moab next year, and any time in-between!!! We've got a pact with our HDH group (High-Desert Huggers)....I bring the tunes, they built everything I need to have built (they're framers)...it was a 'match made in heaven'.

Wes: I'm a big Carvin fan... I have 6 of their loudspeakers and have yet to blow one. I have 3 of their amps and, again, have yet to blow one (and believe you me- if there was a chance I'd do it, I wudd'of). And relatively speaking, they're MUCH less expensive than the JBLs and the like (they're only factory-direct)...I'm very happy with my Carvin stuff.

Of course- nudder disclaimer- my system will NEVER play RAP...and is VERRRRRY happy with 60's, 70's, 80's, and some 90's tunes...I wish I still had my website up where I had my listing, but oh well...

Sean
Old 07-07-2005, 08:57 PM   #7

Makes me want to spin the cap of a bottle of captain morgan's and get the party started!! I like WWFan.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:58 PM   #8

I'll have to check out Carvin speakers. Last week I blew one of the woofers in my Infinity Kappa 7's.

Wes
Old 07-07-2005, 09:04 PM   #9

Wes:

I shudda 'splained more about Carvin...they're just a loudspeaker setup...if you want precision sound (for like inside your house), they're not the game. But if you want to 'push' a lot of sound, they're t!ts!

Many rock groups use them...check out Their Website.

Sean
Old 07-07-2005, 09:10 PM   #10

Sean,

Ah.....I see.....nice....so do you have the TRX or the Club Series speakers?

Wes
Old 07-07-2005, 09:14 PM   #11

Wes:

The club series...geeez...did you see the prices on the TRX's???!!!

For the TH, I use the 1562's, and couldn't be more happy with them...they excerise the 800 watts perfectly! In the desert, you can hear them about 3 miles away when they're on 'full blast' (or the full 800w each side) mode. And bass freqs are not a problem projecting any distance.

Good stuff...I'm VERY happy with them, and wish I had two more, but as I said, we're retired, which means we don't have arite-off any more!!

Sean
Old 07-07-2005, 11:36 PM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
FINALLY got done what I set out almost a month ago when we got our new rig- the "Exterior" sound system...this is my "lite" DJ system that is a part of my main DJ setup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean...... wow, super location and looking at the
photo, I can't imagine how you got it to fit so
perfectly.

Now the big question

How are you gonna prevent your gear from banging into and damaging
all the dials on the front of your system
as you travel into the boonies