Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2005, 06:21 PM   #1

Here are a few mods I added to the WW yesterday.

The WW sewer hose compartment only holds 10' of hose. I added this piece of 4" abs between the gray and black tanks to hold an additional 20' section.

I also added a quickie flush to the black tank.

With the quads, tow vehicle and coach, we had keys laying everywhere. I made this key holder to organize them.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2005, 06:21 PM   #2

Here are a few mods I added to the WW yesterday.

The WW sewer hose compartment only holds 10' of hose. I added this piece of 4" abs between the gray and black tanks to hold an additional 20' section.

I also added a quickie flush to the black tank.

With the quads, tow vehicle and coach, we had keys laying everywhere. I made this key holder to organize them.

Wes
Old 09-06-2005, 06:28 PM   #3

The key hanger is solid!! Nice add-on. Good idea with the sewer hose tube. I have wondered where to mount one. That is a good spot. I have seen them on the back bumper too. This is way more hidden.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 06:41 PM   #4

Wow Wes!!! I like that black tank mod...especially after spending about 2 hours flushing mine out after this weekend! Did you, by chance, put a ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-sususususususu sprinker inside it?!

That key hanger is TOOL (Top of the line) also! Me...I'm still living with that janitor's keyring that I gotta lug everywhere...good stuff there Maynard!!!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:32 PM   #5

where did you get the quickie flush? How hard was it to put in???

06 Rampage 387
RRC/AMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:10 PM   #6

Nice........ great ideas!

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:29 PM   #7

Wes,

Looks great, really like the key holder, very clean...

You will really like the black tank flush, I have had one on every rig. Makes life easier dumping the tank. Buy a clear extension that will go between the sewer line and the flex line. That way while you flush the tank, you will see when the water running out of the tank is clear. Turn flush line on, dump tank, shut valve, refill black tank, dump again. It normally takes 3-4 times to get the cra* out.

And it sure beats dragging the hose into the trailer and using the magic wand or Sandy's stick.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:34 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RRC/AMC:
where did you get the quickie flush? How hard was it to put in??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto...?

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:41 AM   #9

I'm learning as I go. I am considering adding a black tank flush like yours and I have a couple questions. When the black tank is full, does the flush line fill with black water or does it stay down in the tank? I guess its important to mount it as high as possible. Do you glue the mounting hardware on as well as screws and is the water pressure enough to give a good rinse inside of the tank? I think its a great idea and it would make it a heck of a lot easier to clean out. It would be great if you could give step by step install info. thanks
Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:50 AM   #10

Great idea on the key holder. We did something similar, but put it inside a cabinet to keep them out of sight.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:51 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 56Nomad:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RRC/AMC:
where did you get the quickie flush? How hard was it to put in??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought the quickie flush from Camping World for $25.00.

The install was no more then a 10 minute job. You'll need a 1 1/8" hole saw, 1/8" drill bit and silicone sealant.

&gt;First determine the location.
&gt;Drill the 1 1/8" hole.
&gt;Mark and drill the 1/8" holes for the mounting screws.
&gt;De-burr all holes.
&gt;Add silicone to the 1/8" holes.
&gt;Put a layer of silicone on the mounting flange of the Quickie Flush.
&gt;Attach Quickie Flush to black tank with screws.
&gt;Wipe off excess silicone.
&gt;Determine location for hose extension, and mount bracket.
&gt;Shorten hose and attach with hose clamp.

Mich,

The Quickie flush has a built in check valve to prevent the black water from entering the hose. The nozzle has holes in all directions to spray the inside of the tank and appears to do a good job.

Clark,

Thanks for the recommendation of the clear extension...I'll get one next trip to town.

Wes
Old 09-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #12

Wes:

I like it even more...did you try out the spray pattern before you mounted it? Is it pretty aggressive? I'm thinking of trying something like that with maybe two holes and two sprayers- just to make sure that darn thing gets clean. Just last night had to do what Clark mentioned- haul the garden hose into the coach and throw 'er down the pooper...too messy and too much hassle.

Hey also...what about the gray tank? I think that'd be a pretty good idea for the gray tank also- that one can get downright stinky in and of itself!!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:50 PM   #13

Sean,

Yeah....I hooked it up to a hose and tried it before installation. The higher the water pressure, the better. It sprays a good pattern.

I think putting one in the gray tank is a good idea I 'm going to do it.

Wes
Old 09-07-2005, 06:52 PM   #14

I like the sewer hose add on. Has anyone tried to extend the stock Sewer Hose storage? It looks like there is room to extend it in its current location.

2006 WW LE3305 Billet
sandjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote