Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2005, 02:48 PM   #1

I was reading an earlier thread where Rhonda in NC posted about the campgrounds in Myrtle Beach not allowing motorcycles. We actually started a page on our personal web site for just that. We'd love to add to the list if anyone has any places that they want to share.

Sheri

2005 Chevy 3500 (DRW) Duramax with Allison 1000
Goldenwingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2005, 02:48 PM   #2

I was reading an earlier thread where Rhonda in NC posted about the campgrounds in Myrtle Beach not allowing motorcycles. We actually started a page on our personal web site for just that. We'd love to add to the list if anyone has any places that they want to share.

Sheri

Old 05-26-2005, 06:48 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
thats interesting
i didn't know that 17 mile drive in Monterrey wouldn't allow bikes. seems to be a bit unfriendly. real nice stretch of road though.

I'll have to look up the name of the (large) campgound we thought about getting into at Kern, CA right along the river, but were a little put off by their "No Motorcycles" sign. We had a harley with us in the Toyhauler, but weren't going to use it for those couple days anyway probably, we were there for some canoeing. But we went to the other side of town and camped there instead.

And i don't know if this is an old wives tale or not, but i had heard that the Tabasco Factory doesn't allow bikes on its property. Bikes=No Tour. Unless it happens to me, i can't say for sure though.
Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 08:08 PM   #4

Wow GW'ingers!

Obviously, 17 Mile at Pebble perked up my ire! (Couldn't help it..it was at the top of the list). I'll have to talk you my FIL...retired AF Col..here used to live there and I hate him anyway- boy- this is gonna be fun!

I think Mike can shed some better lite than I can (although both of my BIL's are HD riders, living withing a stone's throw of it and very avid- I'll check with them, er...with one of them and get back to 'ya).

I don't suppose they'd like a 39' rig with ATV's in it parked off the road either, eh? Screw 'em....that ain't the ONLY part that's beautiful.

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:05 AM   #5

It appears that the Monterey County has removed that particular mention from the page we had linked to. (Sure would be aggravating to decide to take a day ride in that direction just to be told once there that you had to turn around.) However, if you read through the FAQ's you'll find the info there.

"Monterey FAQs "” Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get to the entrance of 17-Mile Drive, and how much does it cost?
Price is $8.50 per car (no motorcycles allowed). There are several gates, but the best place to begin is to take Highway 68 to the Pacific Grove gate off Sunset Ave. Follow the signs."

Sheri