Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:03 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nice truck there. And driving a dually is not a real problem, I sometimes have to walk a little farther, but the DR says walking is good for you anyway.

My new job, the company will furnish me a pick up to drive...it ia "baby truck", a Dodge Ram 1500, extended cab. They were afarid that I'd have touble driving such a big truck ... , Keep teling them no problem and finally had to show him a picture of the rig with the dually.

Enjoy the new ride.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2005, 09:14 AM   #16
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
A little late here but dittoes to the other comments. It's very nice! I know you will miss the Burb but this is a much better TV. It will look sweet in front of a new LE

Klamath Falls, Oregon:The Right Side Of The Cascades!
1990 Rexhall Airex 29I,Ford 460cid,Gear Vendor,Granning Tag Axel
'87 GMC Suburban 2500 W/454 CID
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 02:59 PM   #17
Thanks for the congrats everyone.

Mike....That's my BrakeSmart brake controller that I moved from the burb. I was going to get a new one and leave this one in the burb, but they still haven't started production with the new manufacturer yet.

The DVD player is great. I have one in the burb too. I call it the 'I never have to hear "are we there yet" option'.

HB....We're keeping the burb for our daily driver. It's such a great vehicle for traveling without the coach.

2006 Silverado 3500 CC DRW 4x4 LT3 D/A
2009 Fuzion 393 Touring Edition
TrailerSaver TS3 - BrakeSmart
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:58 PM   #18
You are going to love the pulling power of that Duramax truck. My little ol 2500hd pulls my WW no problem.
Congrats to you
2005.5 Weekend Warrior LE3305 Loaded--2001 Chevy 2500HD Xcab Long Bed Duramax Allison
chevypoweredchenowth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 05:07 AM   #19
High Desert, Chevy's RULE

Excellent choice! You cannot go wrong with any of the big three. They all have their + and - it is the $weet deal $$$$ that counts.

Now Dave you are my hero. I have been reading all about the Class 8 rigs and I am amazed at the deals out there.

Have you registered it as an RV and do you need a class A to drive it??

At the OASIS campground in Las Vegas there are lot of these big Volvos and T2000 pulling the monster 5th wheels. It is getting a lot more common.

Anyway do not like to hijack the thread congrajulations on that Chevy dually you will love it!!!!

2500 HD Duramax
Marco Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:57 AM   #20
Driving a dually on a daily basis really is NO big deal.. I have done it now for the past 5 years. Sure you have to park a little farther, but I get exercise. After a while, it's just like driving a sportscar, you put it places without thinking.

I really love driving the truck, my new tow boss is SO much nicer than my older truck which I really loved.

Enjoy your truck Wes...

2005 Alfa See Ya 313 5er

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:03 PM   #21
Amen, Brotha Clark!!

WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote