Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #1

Here is the deal from the original owner:

2006 FB (front bath) 2200 Weekend Warrior
5.5 KW Onan
Billet Interior
2 Optima Batteries
Spare Tire
19" TV
DVD & VCR Player
AM/FM/CD with 4 Speakers
Walk on Roof
8 cubic foot Reefer
Ramp Screen
Pressure Washer
Outside Shower
Electric Front Jack
4 Stabilizers

We have agreed, pending my looking at it, on $19,000. Supposedly like new condition. What do you guys think?

It does not have the fuel station. Can this be added aftermarket? How much would it cost? The rig is in SoCal, so maybe I can swing by the WW factory.

I'd like to get rid of one of the sofas and put in a couple chairs. Does anyone have suggestions for this?

Any links to Weekend Warrior stuff (aftermarket, specs, upgrades...)? The WW website isn't too informative.

Thanks for the help,
Steve
St.George, UT
Trvlngnrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #2

Here is the deal from the original owner:

2006 FB (front bath) 2200 Weekend Warrior
5.5 KW Onan
Billet Interior
2 Optima Batteries
Spare Tire
19" TV
DVD & VCR Player
AM/FM/CD with 4 Speakers
Walk on Roof
8 cubic foot Reefer
Ramp Screen
Pressure Washer
Outside Shower
Electric Front Jack
4 Stabilizers

We have agreed, pending my looking at it, on $19,000. Supposedly like new condition. What do you guys think?

It does not have the fuel station. Can this be added aftermarket? How much would it cost? The rig is in SoCal, so maybe I can swing by the WW factory.

I'd like to get rid of one of the sofas and put in a couple chairs. Does anyone have suggestions for this?

Any links to Weekend Warrior stuff (aftermarket, specs, upgrades...)? The WW website isn't too informative.

Thanks for the help,
Steve
St.George, UT
Old 02-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #3

Hey Steve, welcome to the site.
It is hard to say what kind of deal ur getting without seeing it first hand. Always a tricky situation when you buy private party. I usually consult the AutoTrader to see what other close to that are going for.

The no fuel station would be a drag for me since I have always had one, but I don't know if YOU would miss it or if you have ever had that option. It does make life easier. I don't know about adding one aftermarket. Chances are anything relating to fuel transfer especially with gas will cost a bit because of the liability. I would tackle that one of my own if you have to know how. I don't know of any kits though.

What kind of chairs are you looking for? The WW ones are nice but I think their kind of pricy, like around $600 a piece. Someone back me up on this.

Most WW trailers come with all the extra option they offer already so there are not a whole lot of after market things that WW themselves sells. Most of what you might need to find as far as upgrades you can find at RV relater sites of catalogs. I don't know about the specs either. Half my mine turned out to be wrong.

Good Luck
Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #4

Thanks Rod.

I found out the genny shares the tank with the fuel station. Since this rig has the 5.5 Onan, the fuel tank is in place, so it will be a matter of installing the transfer pump, hose and "basket" compartment it stores in. I think WW should be able to do this, but I'll call today when they open.

We are heading to Vegas today for Valentine's Day, there is a camping World there i can look around in.

Steve
Old 02-12-2007, 05:08 AM   #5

Hey Steve: welcome to iRV2! I'll back Melon on the cost of the chairs...the are extremely expensive- you'd be better off seeing what you can get in a regular store. To add a point, they are terribly manufactured- I've had WW replace the two of mine TWICE until I decided on the last bach to take 'em out and reinforce the flimsy legs with welded-in additional metal support.

I'm kinda partial to the fuel station also- we not only use it camping & riding, but at home to fuel all the garden stuff. I sold 5 gas cans as a result!

I'm not anywhere close to knowing if $19k is a good deal for a 2200, so I'll defer to others on that one. But I will say it really comes down to what YOU think it's worth! Good luck!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #6

Hi guys,
I called WW today, they will install a complete fuel station for approx $800.00. Because we live in UT, but the current owner is in SoCal I will just swing by the factory, purchase the stuff, and bring it home and install it myself. That will save labor, plus they cannot get to it for about 3 weeks. It's too far of a drive to leave it and come back.

The chairs are approx $325 for the billet interior. Bummer that they aren't sturdy....is anyone else having problems??

Regards,
Steve
Old 02-12-2007, 04:37 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The chairs are approx $325 for the billet interior. Bummer that they aren't sturdy....is anyone else having problems?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that's certainly better...last I checked they were $675 ea (I'm assuming they're the same swivel rockers that everyone else has). 56Nomad has had the same problem- I'll let him chime in here on that, though. But I am surprised that I haven't heard more about their problems.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:27 PM   #8

As far as chairs go, milk crates are free and when your not sitting on them you can keep your cr@p in them.
Hey Sean, I thought I was the only one who used my fuel tank on the trailer for the lawn mower. They also work great when you wife runs out of gas and cant make it to the station.

$325 is a bargain if they don't fall apart. I distinctly remember the sales man saying "around $600, yeah, pricy, but well worth it."

Hey Steve, do you live IN St. George, or around there. I have some good friends that live in Washington, in fact he owns the Sinclair gas station next to the Wal-Mart and Home Depot on Green Springs and Red Cliff. I really like that part of the country.

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 02-12-2007, 07:15 PM   #9

hello Steve,
i don't want to say anything bad about WW, but there was alot of tongues bending on the '05-'06's. the guys can probably tell you more or do a search for "bending".
now for the price, well i got my '07 FB1900 billet loaded(i call it) just over 21K + tax and fee's.I here that Giant RV has good prices in CA..
OH yeah welcome to Vegas.i can't wait to get it your way to ride and camp.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:29 PM   #10

Yeah, I live IN St. George, near Snow Canyon. We just moved there 1.5 years ago, after living in a diesel motorhome for 3 years while working as travel nurses (my wife and I are both RN's). As travel nurses we worked for an agency and did 13 week contracts at different hospitals around the country (ICU & ER).

From my understanding, and I may be wrong, the tongue were bending on the Super Lite models, not the regular models....anyone sure??

Anyway, I go to look at it on Thurs, and I have my tape measure and level in my inspection bag.

Steve
St. George
Currently in Las Vegas and Just Bought a Green 500cc Outlander Max XT Today
Old 02-13-2007, 07:44 PM   #11

Steve:

The SLs were the ones I thought were the problem too..I think you'd be OK with the FB2200...
Old 02-16-2007, 06:03 PM   #12

The out-riggers(off the frame that hold the walls up)on my SuperLie kept bending. I had them replaced by WW twice then I sold it.

Rod

WW LE3505