Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2005, 10:52 AM   #1

Hi all,

We are in the process of purchasing a new Weekend Warrior
35' fifth wheel. The best discount we could find is 20% off the
MSRV.

We'd appreciate if anyone has been able work with a WW dealer
for a better discounted price.

Please feel free to send a private message or e-mail us at
laselvaduramax@yahoo.com

Thanks

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2005, 10:52 AM   #2

Hi all,

We are in the process of purchasing a new Weekend Warrior
35' fifth wheel. The best discount we could find is 20% off the
MSRV.

We'd appreciate if anyone has been able work with a WW dealer
for a better discounted price.

Please feel free to send a private message or e-mail us at
laselvaduramax@yahoo.com

Thanks

Old 02-24-2005, 01:07 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
i am on my third WW
the 20% is something i have been happy with especially if i am trying to preserve a great relationship with my local dealer. I've always figured i could save a couple hundred bucks and buy one a ways up the road, but to me a 20% and good local service dealer relationship was A-O-K.

oh, and I couldn't help notice similarities:
- our first WW was also a FB22
- we also have a Honda 400EX and 250EX quads
- we now have a ~35' WW 5th (LE3305)
- my first car was your handle: a '56 Chev 2-door

good luck hoss
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 04:43 PM   #4

Hey Hoss,

Thanks for your good comments. I sold my
56 Nomad hot rod 2 years ago. Lots of car
shows etc, etc...... but now we're having
too much fun with travels and would have
had no time for polishing chrome.

I still keep the handle

Old 04-08-2005, 05:44 PM   #5

Call Shaun at Giant RV. Excelent to deal with and takes care of his customers. He is in So. Cal, but worth the time to look up. Go to www.glamisdunes.com and go to the forums His screen name is headinjury.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:46 AM   #6

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
There are a lot of things to look for in a ToyHauler dealer. And it seems to me that the bulk of the RV dealers I see here in San Diego appear to be recently adding toyhaulers to their lineup. Even RV places that smiled at that idea years ago, I now see that they have trailers with rear ramp doors.

I just bought my third WW, and had flatbed trailers with my bikes and tents on that for years before that. I certainly have a dealer that I have developed a comfort level with over the many years, but I still looked around when I bought this last time. I would say that I called or visited a lot of the major SoCal dealers. Everyone out here knows the big players. I considered these sort of things:
-reputation of the business
-reputation of the salesman
-knowledge of TH'ers the salesman had (was he selling used cars last month??)
-service after the sale (where is their service dept?)
-location of the lot and of service in respect to where I lived
-PRICE
-the particular name brand(s) they sold
-trade-in value they could give my other trailer
-the time it took their sales staff to get back to me when I called or visited the lot (too busy to take care of me now, maybe too busy to take care of me after the sale)

Some people shop PRICE only. Thats alright for some people. If it gets you into the sport, and you are handy with your hands, well there are internet sites that you can shop all night long. Thats fine.
There are some people who want to buy local so they can bring their rig back for service (if needed) less then 30-50 miles from their house. Thats alright.
And others buy from recommendations of friends.

You just have to be careful. Like I said in my first paragraph, a lot of dealers are starting to carry TH'ers these days. A lot. Definitly some of their knowledge on these trailers is not based upon experience out on the sand or trails. That might not be necessary but I think it helps. When you are shopping the OPTIONS for your toyhauler, experience can help you weight your options.
I ended up buying my third WW based upon me examining all those sort of things. I wasn't married to the idea of buying from the same dealer I bought my first two WW's from, nor was I even married to the idea of even staying with WW. I did on both, but I looked hard.

Anyone have any real points on what makes one general sort of dealer or saleperson better then another?? and especially when it comes to ToyHaulers, this type of RV can often takes a different sort of perspective to shop/sell/buy. What do people do who aren't based in the western U.S. where toyhaulers are more prevalent? What is everyone's set of criteria??

????
Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:14 PM   #7

Hey folks,
The one thing no one has brought up is the Service department. Shawn might be a heck of a sales person (and I think he is) but the Service at Giant RV just down right STINKS.

2006 Ford King Ranch F350DW 4X4 w/Towpac 6.0
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote