Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2016, 06:47 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post

Some states (few) have Lemon laws on RVs. Personally, I'd follow the directions via registered mail before hiring an attorney.
Usually Lemon Laws cover only the chassis of a powered RV and then only for safety issues. If the failure is in the chassis then it might qualify, if it's the house portion then probably not even if the sidewall were to fall off.
Lemon laws are not favorable for RV's at all.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2016, 07:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Usually Lemon Laws cover only the chassis of a powered RV and then only for safety issues. If the failure is in the chassis then it might qualify, if it's the house portion then probably not even if the sidewall were to fall off.

You are correct. My attorney already researched the Lemmon law. In my state it doeseems not cover house trailers...it would cover a motor home chassis and drive train but not the box.

Which I think is BS. That's why rvs build such a shifty product they really aren't held accountable for their crap work.
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:11 AM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I think that's true in some states. In Texas (and in California, I believe) Lemon laws cover towed RVs.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:14 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
My owners manual does not have that verbage.

How does what you stated agree to arbitration?

I think arbitration would go out the door when you have been trying to contact them for weeks...and by the way my warranty instructions mention nothing about certified letter.

Wild card, what does your manual state about repairs?
There was an arbitration clause that I didn't copy.

It won't go out the door if you can't "prove" it. Follow the letter of the law in that purchase contract, if it's by postal mail, do that, send it registered.

I'm just not familiar enough with your brand to know the specifics. The brand I am familiar with - Keystone - they're not going to take up repairs unless you're addressing it with an authorized dealer. And often there are communications "issues" (finger pointing) between the dealer and manufacturer.

And look, I'm not criticizing you. A good manufacturer doesn't make you jump through hoops... I'm just trying to help you function with the cards that you've got in your hand.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:52 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Yup - I would do whatever your manual states plus check their website and do whatever it states there under warranty.

It will help if it does get to the lawyers that you did as specified by your documents and their posted documents. Easy enough to take screen prints of the website to show what you followed.

Documentation is the key. Lots of documentation. Certified mail at all times. Sounds like it is past being an email connection.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:55 PM   #20

This is directly from my owners manual. Just to clear that up. Thanks for ya'll s concern on that part of the matter.

They are not holding there end of the deal. I have been prior approves to take it to a specific place as my nearest Cruiser rep is 6hrs. This place has done some work to the unit. They were notified and said they do not handle failures of this kind. Cruiser will not return calls or emails period. Same info has been sent to selling dealer. Cruiser Rv will not answer them either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160421_214812.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	124849  
Old 04-21-2016, 08:13 PM   #21

In the mean time I have done a bunch of reading. In my reading I keep finding Weekend Warriors debaticle and frame problems.

What I am experiencing is the same exact thing.

Also in the mean time I have had a welding and fabrication company look at the unit.

When we dropped the core a plast to inspect the frame he looked at me and this was his look.

He was surprised the frame has lasted this long...I said I think it's been a problem from day one. He stated this frame design would make a weak camper frame and a very very sub par toyhauler frame...I went

We designed a way to fix and make it right.

Now I just need to see how this goes.

I meet with my attorney Monday to iron out details.

My mind is made up

I would most likely like them to just pick up the unit and cancel the note owed

They will not be taking it back to the factory as I feel they would want me to deliver it. I can rebuild it out of my own pocket for less money and time than it would take to make 2 trips to and from Indiana.

What a joke... the end result is the consumer gets screwed.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:13 AM   #22

IMO the lawyers should get them to take the unit back and refund 100% of your out of pocket plus legal fees....

I can tolerate warranty issues but I can't tolerate lack of support from the dealer/manufacturer.
Offcamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:36 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
IMO the lawyers should get them to take the unit back and refund 100% of your out of pocket plus legal fees....

I can tolerate warranty issues but I can't tolerate lack of support from the dealer/manufacturer.

This is where I am at.

I bought new and paid for new. I don't want something patched or tampered with.

And this unit only has about 8-10 trips. Totaling around 2-2500 miles.

Just put 1200$ with of tires on it out a pocket. Broken belts on 2 tires. Mfg said I needed to contact the tire mfg. Well I didn't buy the tires and put them on here...you furnished the tires at the factory.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:16 AM   #24

Zieman frames on Weekend Warriors

Lippert Frame on Stryker

All the same company.

What just floors me is to build any structure you must start with a good foundation...that's just a life common sense known fact.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:00 AM   #25

Wild card-I am sorry to hear about all these problems. Up until I logged on, I was sold on the Stryker 29. I'm hesitant now .
Cochita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:23 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
I would most likely like them to just pick up the unit and cancel the note owed
Just as a word of advice... I would STRONGLY suggest, if you have a loan/lien against this RV, you contact the bank/lender and let them know whats going on.. have them document the issues on THEIR end as well.. SOMETIMES, there can be "pressure" applied by the lender (if they care to get involved)..

Bottom line.. it appears you can't go the "lemon law" route.. but you may be able to try "breach of contract", or MAYBE, from the lenders perspective, over valuation/fraud of collateral (a bit of a stretch, but similar to what happened in the housing market in 2008)...

And it goes without saying.. but PLEASE keep paying your loan payments.. failure to pay them will only harm you and your credit (but I know you already knew that)...

Good luck.. sorry you're having to deal with these issues..

I saw the lottery is up to $250+ million... I would love to win and buy/start an RV manufacturing company and build these things proper so customers don't have to deal with such issues (yeah, I know, crazy !?!?!)
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:02 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Just as a word of advice... I would STRONGLY suggest, if you have a loan/lien against this RV, you contact the bank/lender and let them know whats going on.. have them document the issues on THEIR end as well.. SOMETIMES, there can be "pressure" applied by the lender (if they care to get involved)..

Bottom line.. it appears you can't go the "lemon law" route.. but you may be able to try "breach of contract", or MAYBE, from the lenders perspective, over valuation/fraud of collateral (a bit of a stretch, but similar to what happened in the housing market in 2008)...

And it goes without saying.. but PLEASE keep paying your loan payments.. failure to pay them will only harm you and your credit (but I know you already knew that)...

Good luck.. sorry you're having to deal with these issues..

I saw the lottery is up to $250+ million... I would love to win and buy/start an RV manufacturing company and build these things proper so customers don't have to deal with such issues (yeah, I know, crazy !?!?!)

I was literally just thinking about contacting the bank and letting them in on their investment problems. I will wait for further instruction from my attorney though.

Yep paying is a must. My obligation, my problem not really the lenders fault.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochita View Post
Wild card-I am sorry to hear about all these problems. Up until I logged on, I was sold on the Stryker 29. I'm hesitant now .

I am not one to bad mouth a brand bUt see my next post. I think I just got a Lemon.

Word of advice....do not buy.

Tags
ems, problems