Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-22-2016, 03:53 PM   #29

After lunch today I decided to call the mfg 1 more time...I should have left well enough alone.

The guy I had been talking to before the first of the year, and the same guy I was told on Friday was on vacation and he would call me Monday...he is no longer an employee.

Well put on the phone with someone
He is in a meeting
HAve him call me back when done.

Calls back
He explains he familiarized himself with my case
I ask if he got pictures etc from selling dealer
No
I tell him what's going on
He laughs and says Lippert makes the frames it's Lippert problem
I say what about roof and delamination
He laughs and starts to belittle me with terms like I need pictures of this so called floor sag, this so called delamination etc...all while laughing...I **** you not.
At that moment in time I lost my cool and I do not remember exactly what was said but I am sure it was professional but very very stern.
He stopped laughing and asked for pictures, so I sent what he wanted.

Wow.

Tire issue, not Cruisers problem
Frame issue...nah bro Lippert built it.

Well what do you you stand behind Cruiser?

No wonder when I bought this there were 5 dealers local to me and now none.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
I would hold Cruiser responsible for the defects no matter who they bought the frame from. If they have to refer it to Lippert that is their prerogative. They speced the frame, etc and accepted it on your behalf so it is their problem and responsibility. PERIOD

Old 05-02-2016, 10:13 AM   #31

Waiting to hear back from both the mfg and Lippert. Lippert had sent me a form to fill out with frame Camber measurements and some additional photos.

I just can't wait...the suspense is killing me.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:27 PM   #32

She is waiting for a transport back to the factory.

DRV Suites is handling it from here out. I am not going to go into detail right now but I want to clear up some negative replies I have made.

Since I have been in contact with a new rep at Cruiser things have been pleasant. It has now been turned over to DRV Suites and they have been top notch. Have all confidence this will be handled properly.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:28 PM   #33

If I remember correctly, Cruiser is actually a division of DRV, now Heartland/Thor?
Further, if I remember correctly, the Cruiser plant is directly north of DRV just across the interstate?
Sounds great that you think it is now going your way.
Joe
wingnut60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:54 PM   #34

Ford Super Duty Owner
Ugh, if it's Thor.

OP, understand this - and I just consulted with 2 attorneys on warranty issues with Thor:

It's NOT about how egregious the issue is, it's about being able to prove that they did not follow the contract that you (or the previous owner signed). That is, it's not enough to call. You're going to need to send written notice of these problems (registered mail) and give them an "opportunity" to fix it.

DRV probably one of the best divisions of Thor, but you have to play by their rules, in writingin...
Old 05-09-2016, 09:57 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
If I remember correctly, Cruiser is actually a division of DRV, now Heartland/Thor?
Further, if I remember correctly, the Cruiser plant is directly north of DRV just across the interstate?
Sounds great that you think it is now going your way.
Joe

That's right same people...Cruiser factory not set up for service and repair.

It's not that I think it's going my way...it's that they are stepping up and doing the right thing.

We will see what they say when they actually see the problem and damage caused by the problem.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:19 PM   #36

Maybe for once we will have a happy ending...is the transport on them?
wingnut60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:15 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Maybe for once we will have a happy ending...is the transport on them?

Yes...transport is on them.

As far as the happy ending...we will see. Not holding my breath but at least they are stepping up.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:32 AM   #38

This place has been dead here recently so here i am

Just want to take a second here to update this thread. It's a rainy day and I work outside so not much production on my end today.

I got this rig back before 4th of July...the day before we left for a camping trip so it was load all personal items in and roll out at 0400. A once look over they did an ok job, not what I was expecting.

-They fixed the delam, can't tell it was there...good
-My sagging floors at wheelwell...they did something still not right though, but it did fix roof line in that area
-Fixed week spots in floor and added heavy TPO coin mat in cargo area and dovetail.
-tongue jack failed once I got to camping spot had to use bottle jack, I was told it was fine they are all noisy called Lippert they sent me a new one
-awning motor failed while taking down at camping spotcalled Lippert again new one on the way. Both these items were to be looked at while it was back in Elkhart
-they replaced my fresh water tank and supports and added 1.5in vent line and was guaranteed a fill as fast as I wanted and it would vent...and I tested it for sure. But now none of my holding tank sensors work see a pattern

So among the other nit pick issues I guess they did the minimum they had to to stop my attorney from charging me alot of money....what ever it's done and I will fix stuff as its not worth my stress and agrevation

So, I have run it all summer hauling 3 four wheelers to the mountains etc about 3k miles at near max load. I am 10k on the axels full of water, gear and toys. It has held up but handles like crap loaded. I nevery have been in the position with the right tool to measure exact tongue weight, but while traveling I can see the hauler tongue is kinda floaty? The last trip to the mountains I came back with near full holding tanks and it handled better? Ok! The issue didn't hit me until my last trip last weekend.

I was loaded up kid,dog,toys,wife and full of water for off grid adventure. Get out on the interstate between 65 and 70mph the rig is just back there floating, zigging,zagging every passing car, then settles down (weight and speed police don't worry, I have g rated tires and I am pulling with a dually and equalizer hitch and as far as I am concerned if I can't pull stable at 65-70mph on an interstate it's not worth having). So before I left my spot I dumped the rest of fresh ate into my holding tanks and left. Now the rig handled almost like it was on rails...even up to 80mph. So I had the wife order me a tongue scale so I can figure out the deal.

Meanwhile I have seen most travel trailer toyhaulers of the like and size have between 1200 and 1500#dry tongue weight. They spec this at 850? If that holds true once I get my scale my next task is how the hell do I shift weight to the bow without adding dead weight. 1 wheeler sits on axels, 1 is 1/2 on 1/2 behind and the little dudes is behind, so there is no room to move them forward, fresh 100 gal above axels, gray65gal 10ft in front of axels and black 65gal ahead of that. Realistically I could keep 20-25 gallons in black as I would never fill a 65 gallon black tank...but that's adding extra unusable weight I am looking at moving axels back realistically, but hoping I can move spare from far rear to under tongue and add some batteries to get what I need. Wouldn't mind having the 18 gallon fuel cell for just the generator as well which is in the bow.

I also would like to add I have been told to get a Pro Pride or Hensley and it will solve all my problems. No, no it wont. They are the best hitch around hands down. But a poorly designed trailer will remain a poorly designed trailer as well as an unsafe rig to pull. Those hitches will mask the problem.

I will report back with my findings in case your sitting on the edge just waiting....
Old 09-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Have you taken your rig to a CAT scale. A couple passes over the scale with and without the trailer will give you a loaded tongue weight.

I agree adding weight to the black tank seems punitive.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:06 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Have you taken your rig to a CAT scale. A couple passes over the scale with and without the trailer will give you a loaded tongue weight.

I agree adding weight to the black tank seems punitive.
Have a concrete plant down the road with scales. I have used them to get gross and axel weightswhen setting up WD, never thought to get tongue weight. Gonna need tongue scale anyway if I need to move stuff and load the bow I need to monitor what I got going on.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:50 PM   #41

Loaded 4 wheelers and ready to camp. 11,400# with 840# being tongue

Unloaded ready to camp 9400# with 1200# being tongue

Shouldn't be to bad to move spare under tongue add a few batteries and add 18 gallon fuel cell for generator which should put at 10 to 12% tongue without adding unused or needed weight.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:38 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like you have a plan. On our 5er the pin unloaded by 1000 +/- lbs when we put the bikes, tools, etc in the garage.

Also recall a travel trailer should be slightly nose down for optimal towing. Help on this one though.

Tags
ems, problems