Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2006, 06:37 AM   #1

Howie's gonna love this...I've been meaning to do this for some time, and finally got that time yesterday...will the mods EVER quit?!

The original poop hose holder was only 21" long, so I went down and got a 7 foot piece of white 4" drain pipe, cut a 4" hole in the separator wall in the front compartment, and attached it to the outside access door. Now I've got enough room to store my 20 foot sewer hose! This is the section in the battery side of the front compartment:

Here's the other side above the propane tanks:

And here's a pic of the exterior access door- I did remove it (and all the silicone junk around it- boy- those factory peeps suuuure do like to apply silicone), and re-sealed it. Note that the curved attachment fitting has enough room in the compartment.

Ohhh...and BTW....fixed my manual crank issue for the front landing gear- the roll pin had sheared and there was nothing for the hand crank to be able to turn! Caught that while removing the poop hose access door- the only way to get to it!
Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2006, 06:37 AM   #2

Howie's gonna love this...I've been meaning to do this for some time, and finally got that time yesterday...will the mods EVER quit?!

The original poop hose holder was only 21" long, so I went down and got a 7 foot piece of white 4" drain pipe, cut a 4" hole in the separator wall in the front compartment, and attached it to the outside access door. Now I've got enough room to store my 20 foot sewer hose! This is the section in the battery side of the front compartment:

Here's the other side above the propane tanks:

And here's a pic of the exterior access door- I did remove it (and all the silicone junk around it- boy- those factory peeps suuuure do like to apply silicone), and re-sealed it. Note that the curved attachment fitting has enough room in the compartment.

Ohhh...and BTW....fixed my manual crank issue for the front landing gear- the roll pin had sheared and there was nothing for the hand crank to be able to turn! Caught that while removing the poop hose access door- the only way to get to it!
Sean
Old 04-23-2006, 07:03 AM   #3

I am having a terrible time trying to make a poop hose holder for my rig. The problem is the Valdera hose set I have is a Valterra EZ coupler hose kit and the bayonet links make it just over 4" so I can't find a pipe that is 4.5" It's really pi$$ing me off because I really like this setup.

Sean, what type of hose are you using in the pic?
Suggestions would be great!

2BlueHeelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:08 AM   #4

2BH:

I'm using the extra HD grey hose (nothing's too good for MY poop )...I have one of those couplers also, but I don't use it. I DO leave it in the coach, though...just in case- you can always just screw it on if you need it. And I'm getting real close to getting a macerator pump, but that's another thread...

Sean
Old 04-23-2006, 07:17 AM   #5

Unfortunatly, the bayonets are fused on so I am Poop outta luck. I am also looking at the macerator but need these hoses when we go full hookup and storing these in a vinyl tub is getting gross. Looks like we have the same setup up front for the hose storage (WW/Ragen commonalities)and the seperator walls for the genny and propane, but w/o replaceing the hoses I have, I cant perform your mod.
Looks like a no brainer to me... buy new hoses! Yours are the ones with the screw on 90 degree end, right? That leaves the rv tank end w/ the two prong twist on. This looks like it fits real weel behind the door... very nice!

Old 04-23-2006, 07:50 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 2Blueheelers:
Unfortunatly, the bayonets are fused on so I am Poop outta luck... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooo...I hate it when "fused" and "poop" are used in the same sentence. Sounds dreadfully painful!

I like that system you've got there 2BH, but I can see where it doesn't lend itself to living in a confined round object! Althought thy don't make 4 1/2" pipe, you could get some 5", but you'll have to search for it. And yes- the connector I was talking about was the red 90* one that usually goes in the sewer hole...I hardly ever use it. But when I do, all I've got to do is screw it onto the hose.

Welll...got me going again this morning....some front compartment housekeeping...remember: "a place for everything, and....EVERYTHING IN IT'S PLACE! Should be a good exercise for my 14 year old to learn.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:29 AM   #7

Hey... nice! Looks like our layout is different tho. I have batteries on right, genny center and propane left... and the floor is open steel framing for everthing.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have to say that picture of Seans storage is pathetic to say the least, (one little BAL for a triple axle trailer) and he doesn't have the bottles in there to boot. I think in your case you need to go get a plastic storage box and put the hose in that. I use a 20 ft hose but all I had to do was lengthen the standard compartment to the bulkhead, not go through it, for the hose. Course, thats on a SLC, not the LE.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:08 PM   #9

Well Senoir Tomas:

If you MUST know , the other BAL got crunched one morning a few months ago when I attempted to get out from a CG about 4:30am...call it a foo-pah on my part (thank gawd they don't poke tires!)...it was a preztel and I decided to discard it ASAP... I've decided I'm only gonna camp on level ground from here on out...

Hey...I've got some technical difficulties going on with my system, and I'll prolly out fo communique here shortly for a few days....sorry!
Old 04-27-2006, 06:32 AM   #10

I think this will be my next upgrade too. Looks good.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:46 AM   #11

OCDUNE, I did the same mod on my FS2300 back in Feb. and posted this thread on this forum back then. I don't know if your FT2200 has a similar storage compartment as my FS2300 but I thought my thread may help you.

TB

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:34 AM   #12

Thanks for the thread, good idea about attaching to the existing.

Mine is different, there are no external storage compartments unfortunately. There is a hollow area under the tip out that I can access from the inside though. I will try to scope it out. I am using my trailer next weekend but I doubt I can get this done before that.