Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDIANIMAL View Post
I am first time buyer and like the Dutchmen Enduramax 3912 toy hauler. Anybody have one...if so are they dependable? I am also having trouble finding a dealer that has one. I see a lot of their "sport" models but not the 3912END models....when I do find them they ae always sold. Enduramax Overview | Gulf Stream RV
TXDIANIMAL
I love them too! I also can not find any dealers with them. I do know GS had a issue with frames on their units and also heard of some other problems but nothing about if they fixed the problems. If you find any dealers in my area please pass it on. Would love to hear from others about what the story is on them,,,,
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #16

I also like the Dutchmen Voltage 3795-It is also hard finding 3795 model available to purchase..it has the king bed/floor plan that I like...it has sliding glass door between living area and garage.

Dutchmen Voltage 3795 Toy Hauler for sale in USA and Canada by Windish RV Dealer

TXDIANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:57 AM   #17

The biggest problem with the V3795 and other Voltage floorplans is there is no room in the main area. They put that stupid island rt in the middle of the walkway. Take another look at that vid. Between the island and sofa you cant get by. Be nice if they did the same design as GS and put the kitchen up stairs. I rather have a smaller kitchen and bigger living area myself. It will get old trying to walk in the main living area. Thats my 2 cents worth.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #18

Here is one that might work. Open range with floor plan 375BHS. It has 4 slides with a patio and a sliding bunk house. But once again, you cant have everything you want in a single unit. It has no garage. But I am going to keep a open mind while looking.
Open Range Fifth Wheel Floorplans by Open Range RV
Old 07-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Eclipse (Stellar) make a 40' triple slide with a 14'garage. I own one, have had it out several times and I am very happy with the craftsmanship.
kevkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:54 AM   #20

Mid Atlantic Campers
Well if you have that kind of money to spend then Excel is the way to go. They are a great company, my wife and had a great meeting with Mr Mr Peterson and really like him and they have a great product we just didn't want to spend that kind of money at the time. I came across the Titanium line by accident as I was searching for a full time 5er for my family of 4.we found a 36e41 MPRV at a fraction of the cost of a new unit. I for one don't buy anything new, we purchased a truck and th for way less than the numbers mentioned above. There is an Excel th in our future when this economy is not so uncertain, just saying
soundman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKK View Post
The biggest problem with the V3795 and other Voltage floorplans is there is no room in the main area. They put that stupid island rt in the middle of the walkway. Take another look at that vid. Between the island and sofa you cant get by. Be nice if they did the same design as GS and put the kitchen up stairs. I rather have a smaller kitchen and bigger living area myself. It will get old trying to walk in the main living area. Thats my 2 cents worth.

To me, island not a problem since it would be just for me & husband. I would almost "never" use the table by the sofa. I would pull it out and use the island counter & bar stools for eating meals. Then there is pleny of space. Table can be moved when not in use.
I still like Enduramax better including the solid tan material used in sofa. I dont know why they use such ugly fabrics in these things...thye always look old fashioned & dated. I also dont know why they use partial carpets especially under dining areas. Just put in some hardwood laminate everywhere. My personal preferences.
I have called gulf stream twice yesterday trying to locate dealer for Enduramax 3912END and got a recording both times. I left message both times for a return call. I have not received a c all back yet. I also sent email to service email address last night requesting same info and let them know about no return call back. Let you know if I ever hear from them.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #22

Quote:
To me, island not a problem since it would be just for me & husband. I would almost "never" use the table by the sofa. I would pull it out and use the island counter & bar stools for eating meals. Then there is pleny of space. Table can be moved when not in use.
I still like Enduramax better including the solid tan material used in sofa. I dont know why they use such ugly fabrics in these things...thye always look old fashioned & dated. I also dont know why they use partial carpets especially under dining areas. Just put in some hardwood laminate everywhere. My personal preferences.
I have called gulf stream twice yesterday trying to locate dealer for Enduramax 3912END and got a recording both times. I left message both times for a return call. I have not received a c all back yet. I also sent email to service email address last night requesting same info and let them know about no return call back. Let you know if I ever hear from them.
Not sure where you live (state) but I did find a GS dealer in Florida. Not too sure why there isnt many GS dealers around. I spoke to one out of Alabama yesterday and he said they fixed the trailer problem they had. Not sure but that came from a dealer. I was told it would take 6 weeks to build one. The dealer in FL has one on the lot. Was thinking about taking a trip to see it this weekend. I will let you know if I hear anything new with GS.

Michael Castro

Towable Sales Manager

4505 Monaco Way

Wildwood, FL 34785
Office: 352-330-3800 ext. 3801
Fax: 352-330-3835

Cell: 863-581-9784
mike.castro@alliancecoach.com
Alliance Coach
Old 07-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #23

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman7 View Post
Well if you have that kind of money to spend then Excel is the way to go. They are a great company, my wife and had a great meeting with Mr Mr Peterson and really like him and they have a great product we just didn't want to spend that kind of money at the time. I came across the Titanium line by accident as I was searching for a full time 5er for my family of 4.we found a 36e41 MPRV at a fraction of the cost of a new unit. I for one don't buy anything new, we purchased a truck and th for way less than the numbers mentioned above. There is an Excel th in our future when this economy is not so uncertain, just saying
A couple of people said Excel but it didnt catch my eye. Looks nice but not what I am looking for. I did like the Open Range with a patio and sliding bunks. But not a garage with that model. What little time I spent researching on Open Range it looks like a good one. Havent heard from others about their line.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDIANIMAL

If you can't get them to call you back when inquiring about their product, how do you think it will be when you need to get a hold of them after you have bought their product? Red flag...just sayin'.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #25

Mid Atlantic Campers
Well if you like the porch idea (see our pic) check out the Titanium 36E41 MPRV. There is a side slide out porch off the garage area with a sliding glass door, the cover/door acts as a roof and has a screen room that attaches, Glendale called it a bug room. My wife & kids love the bug room
soundman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #26

Still no contact from GS...Anyone heard about

I have still not been contacted from Gulf Stream about the Enduramax. That is scary.

I found this site Dutchmen RV Dealer Voltage Toy Haulers, Denali Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels

Is anybody familiar with them..feedback. They state: By using the express quote menu above you can pick your RV, Brand, Floorplan, & Options to custom build your Dutchmen today! We currently carry Dutchmen, Voltage, Denali, Infinity, Rubicon, and Kodiak. Using the express menu system, you can custom build your Dutchmen online, for free, with no hassles.
The voltage MSRP range fom 41,825 to 66,098.

Maybe you can design one without the island???
Old 07-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #27

Not sure where you live (state) but I did find a GS dealer in Florida. Not too sure why there isnt many GS dealers around. I spoke to one out of Alabama yesterday and he said they fixed the trailer problem they had. Not sure but that came from a dealer. I was told it would take 6 weeks to build one. The dealer in FL has one on the lot. Was thinking about taking a trip to see it this weekend. I will let you know if I hear anything new with GS.

Thanks..please keep me posted...let me know what you think of quality, etc. I am a newbie and still like this one the best. Did they have the 3912END model? What model are you looking at?
Old 07-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #28

Excel Owners Club
Before purchasing our TH we looked at many different brands and GS was one of them. It didn't take to long to rule this model off our list. Do a little research on the various RV forums and you will see why. They have yet to contact you to sell one...you may find it a lot harder to contact them if you have warranty issue's.
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote