Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman7 View Post
Well if you like the porch idea (see our pic) check out the Titanium 36E41 MPRV. There is a side slide out porch off the garage area with a sliding glass door, the cover/door acts as a roof and has a screen room that attaches, Glendale called it a bug room. My wife & kids love the bug room
I see the patio floor is below the trailer floor line. Ever take a spill? I can see it now " Honey, here is the rib eyessssss holly crap. 5 sec rule

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Before purchasing our TH we looked at many different brands and GS was one of them. It didn't take to long to rule this model off our list. Do a little research on the various RV forums and you will see why. They have yet to contact you to sell one...you may find it a lot harder to contact them if you have warranty issue's.
The GS dealer called me and said they fixed the trailer crack issue. Is that true or? That was the only thing I saw about GS on 5ers. I did know a guy with a GS MH and he had issues with his trailer frame and a thing called rust. It was a new unit and within a year is looked like he drove it in the ocean. I also know not to listen to the dealers. I just wished I could buy a RV without the dealers. I always buy my autos by means of my credit union. The only time I see a dealer is to pick it up. Like I said with CW, they listed the price of the Voltage 133,000.00 but had a sale now for 60 something. Ya right, what ever. I always tell a salesman if they lie to me and I find out later they will lose me. Had a auto sales manager call the cops on me before cause I called him out. Just asked my ex how much I hate a lier,lol.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDIANIMAL View Post
I have still not been contacted from Gulf Stream about the Enduramax. That is scary.

I found this site Dutchmen RV Dealer Voltage Toy Haulers, Denali Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels

Is anybody familiar with them..feedback. They state: By using the express quote menu above you can pick your RV, Brand, Floorplan, & Options to custom build your Dutchmen today! We currently carry Dutchmen, Voltage, Denali, Infinity, Rubicon, and Kodiak. Using the express menu system, you can custom build your Dutchmen online, for free, with no hassles.
The voltage MSRP range fom 41,825 to 66,098.

Maybe you can design one without the island???
We are planning to leave in the morning to visit the GS and others. Taking the whole weekend to visit dealers in Florida. The GS was the 3912END (only one they have on lot) but we would want the 3912HB with the half bath. But we can check out the workmanship.
I also just went to your link and asked for a quote on the Voltage 3950 so I can compare apples to apples on the price. I loaded it down with everything, even the 10 grand full body paint,lol. It came out to 117,637.00 so now I am waiting for his quote on the unit. 117 grand is better than CW 133 grand so far and theirs didn't have the full body paint.
If you want me to forward the emails I got from the GS dealer and from the link you gave for Voltage quote just send me your email addy and I will do that. What state are you in? I am thinking about doing the LLC thing since I am not working and have no kids in school. People please dont tell me anything about LLC, I am a grown man and if that is what I want to do .....
Old 07-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKK

The GS dealer called me and said they fixed the trailer crack issue. Is that true or? That was the only thing I saw about GS on 5ers. I did know a guy with a GS MH and he had issues with his trailer frame and a thing called rust. It was a new unit and within a year is looked like he drove it in the ocean. I also know not to listen to the dealers. I just wished I could buy a RV without the dealers. I always buy my autos by means of my credit union. The only time I see a dealer is to pick it up. Like I said with CW, they listed the price of the Voltage 133,000.00 but had a sale now for 60 something. Ya right, what ever. I always tell a salesman if they lie to me and I find out later they will lose me. Had a auto sales manager call the cops on me before cause I called him out. Just asked my ex how much I hate a lier,lol.
When buying my Excel, I dealt directly with the manufacturer. They only time I talked to the dealer was to make sure they were being back fed the info between the manufacturer and myself to ensure we were all in the loop. The dealer was involved just to do the PDI. Very easy process and very nice not having to go through a dealer and dealing directly with Excel.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKK

We are planning to leave in the morning to visit the GS and others. Taking the whole weekend to visit dealers in Florida. The GS was the 3912END (only one they have on lot) but we would want the 3912HB with the half bath. But we can check out the workmanship.
I also just went to your link and asked for a quote on the Voltage 3950 so I can compare apples to apples on the price. I loaded it down with everything, even the 10 grand full body paint,lol. It came out to 117,637.00 so now I am waiting for his quote on the unit. 117 grand is better than CW 133 grand so far and theirs didn't have the full body paint.
If you want me to forward the emails I got from the GS dealer and from the link you gave for Voltage quote just send me your email addy and I will do that. What state are you in? I am thinking about doing the LLC thing since I am not working and have no kids in school. People please dont tell me anything about LLC, I am a grown man and if that is what I want to do .....
You can get a very nicely equipped Wild Cargo for that price and have a better built unit. If I'm not mistaken, GS uses an I-beam frame...Excel uses a box frame they build in-house and also adjust the camber for your specific unit. In addition, they don't use the typical RV foam insulation, but pink spun fiberglass. I believe I mentioned all of this earlier in the thread .
Old 07-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKK View Post
Not sure where you live (state) but I did find a GS dealer in Florida. Not too sure why there isnt many GS dealers around. I spoke to one out of Alabama yesterday and he said they fixed the trailer problem they had. Not sure but that came from a dealer. I was told it would take 6 weeks to build one. The dealer in FL has one on the lot. Was thinking about taking a trip to see it this weekend. I will let you know if I hear anything new with GS.

Michael Castro

Towable Sales Manager

4505 Monaco Way

Wildwood, FL 34785
Office: 352-330-3800 ext. 3801
Fax: 352-330-3835

Cell: 863-581-9784
mike.castro@alliancecoach.com
Alliance Coach
How do I send private message. I dont want everyone to have my email address.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #35

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDIANIMAL View Post
How do I send private message. I dont want everyone to have my email address.
Just click on ShawnKK in Red and drop down menu will let you send PM

RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #36

I went on our field trip to visit RV dealers in Florida this weekend. Over all I learned a lot of info on the new 5ers of 2012. I also learned that most if not all brands on the market need new design engineers and quality improvements! If I was single or just a couple some 5ers out there work for us but since I also have 2 little ones I was looking for a family 5er. Out of every brand we saw I would say Open Range was on the top of the list. But even they could have used some more common sense when building their 5ers floor plan. But if I was going to buy today it would be a Open Range. I wanted to see the H345MPR with the patio but none around and was told OR will not be making any more of these. We did see the 413RLL and my wife fell in love. But I think they could have unproved on the windows and lack of windows. But over all OR I think was on top.
We also visited Lazy Days in Florida and man they are big. Lots and lots of Rv's. Was told they are the biggest RV single lot dealer in the world. But as far as 5ers go they sold new junk. Just my point of view. If I am willing to spend that kind of money on a RV I want better. I asked where the Open Ranges were but they didn't sell that brand. Asked to see the Voltages but once again they didn't sell that brand. And they are the largest dealer in the world? But right next door at Bates they had the OR but not the one I wanted to see. 2011 was the last year they made what I wanted to see (floor plan). I did see a good deal on the Road Warrior (Heartland) and they too could use some common sense to the floor plans but as far as our weekend trip went, they came in the top ten list.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #37

Quote:
A couple of people said Excel but it didnt catch my eye. Looks nice but not what I am looking for. I did like the Open Range with a patio and sliding bunks. But not a garage with that model. What little time I spent researching on Open Range it looks like a good one. Havent heard from others about their line.
Excel didnt catch my eye either...but this one was pretty nice.

2012 Wild Cargo W41GKE Interior Pictures
Old 07-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #38

Quote:
I went on our field trip to visit RV dealers in Florida this weekend. Over all I learned a lot of info on the new 5ers of 2012. I also learned that most if not all brands on the market need new design engineers and quality improvements! If I was single or just a couple some 5ers out there work for us but since I also have 2 little ones I was looking for a family 5er. Out of every brand we saw I would say Open Range was on the top of the list. But even they could have used some more common sense when building their 5ers floor plan. But if I was going to buy today it would be a Open Range. I wanted to see the H345MPR with the patio but none around and was told OR will not be making any more of these. We did see the 413RLL and my wife fell in love. But I think they could have unproved on the windows and lack of windows. But over all OR I think was on top.
We also visited Lazy Days in Florida and man they are big. Lots and lots of Rv's. Was told they are the biggest RV single lot dealer in the world. But as far as 5ers go they sold new junk. Just my point of view. If I am willing to spend that kind of money on a RV I want better. I asked where the Open Ranges were but they didn't sell that brand. Asked to see the Voltages but once again they didn't sell that brand. And they are the largest dealer in the world? But right next door at Bates they had the OR but not the one I wanted to see. 2011 was the last year they made what I wanted to see (floor plan). I did see a good deal on the Road Warrior (Heartland) and they too could use some common sense to the floor plans but as far as our weekend trip went, they came in the top ten list.
It is nice!
2011 Open Range Rolling Thunder H345MPR 5th wheel toy hauler@Lerch RV, Milroy PA on sale $59,950 - YouTube

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2011...5MPR-104743104
Old 07-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMTJ
Here is the link to some pics. We ordered the unit with no furniture bc we put in our own. And since the pics were taken, we added a closet to the garage, tile backsplash, replaced all faucets with new ones from Lowes, and a few other things.

New Wild Cargo 41GKE
Many thanks for sharing. I didn't realize how flexible Excel was until your post. We are looking to do the same thing.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider
I've lived a 32' for 9-months, just 2 of us. Probably wouldn't do it again.

It may sound like the way to go. IF you're considering it as an economic alternative, factor in the depreciation of that 5th wheel (probably 50% or more, living in it full time, with kids) and the cost of an RV site. I think that you're looking at rent as the more plausible and perhaps more economical alternative... Just another point of view.
Thanks for the honesty. It's much appreciated.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:01 AM   #41

That is the same one we went to see at Bates RV in Fl. They didnt have it on the lot when we got there it was in the shop. Something happen to it but they wouldnt tell us what it was. I think someone ran into it or something on that level. It also has the patio off the side. 2011 was the last year they made them. No more garages for OR on 2013. It is a 8 ft garage and that might be a good size with a patio off the living room. We might go back to Bates when they get it back. It is new but already 2 years old now...
Old 08-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #42

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
I see the patio floor is below the trailer floor line. Ever take a spill? I can see it now " Honey, here is the rib eyessssss holly crap. 5 sec rule
Huh? Not sure what your referring to but no one has ever taken a fall from the porch there is a step in to the door.

As far as the Open Range we came very close to purchasing one but every unit we looked at had quality issues.

If you don't like Excel Wild Cargo then I have nothing else to add, they are in the top five and you can make changes and chose colors.

There build quality is outstanding, I have looked at hundreds of rigs in the last three years and there are only a hand full of RV's that even come close.