Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:33 AM   #1

New top contender! Am I out of whack?

Hey guys!
I'm doing the happy dance and slamming pepto-bismol at the same time. Monday I hit the pavement to buy a toy hauler.
This is the new top contender. It's a little higher than my budget permits but maybe I can talk them down...somewhat...

Used 2013 Heartland Road Warrior 390 Fifth-wheel Toy Hauler For Sale 615619B | Camping World Of Denver

I love this layout. I should be able to slam a residential memory foam mattress in there by cutting the corner off of it.

Any opinions or advice most welcome.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2016, 08:03 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Looks like a very comfortable layout. I've seen a lot of Heartland's out there.

Be very careful dealing with Camping World. They are salesmen first second and last. I know each store is a little different but their corporate attitude seems to be the same.
Be ready to walk away if things are not as you want.
And know the rig by looking up as much as you can before you go in because there is a good chance they don't know it.
Ask questions about their service department also and their policies about scheduling work.

Not all my experience with CW has been bad, but enough to make me want to stay away if possible.

Good luck with your search and negotiations.

LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:51 AM   #3

Camping World...

Larry hey! Good advice on Camping World, thank you.
I did go down there...and actually ended up buying the unit! I had a good experience with a guy named Kevin. There is some work to be done by their service dept and we will see how that plays out. I did get all those promises in writing. :-)
And actually...knowing they were so badly rated ended up being a good negotiating point for me.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:46 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Glad you were able to negotiate your deal.
Hope it goes well with the service items. Don't assume they actually did them, but check to see if they did.

Make sure they do a good PDI (pre-delivery inspection) and that all systems are working. Notes and pictures might help in the future. A pressurized fresh water system will help during the PDI to find leaks.

Good luck and I hope you have many good camping experiences...
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote