Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:45 AM   #15

Secure your wheel chock on plywood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Salvatore View Post
I have condors in my MC trailer and was hoping to find the Kuryakyn EZ Chock for my toy hauler but can not find them anywhere. I prefer not to drill into the floor of the toy hauler so I'm in a quandary also. Anyone else know of any EZ Chock type horns that do not bolt down. The condors are great but take up some space that I prefer not to loose when using the garage as an additional room. I definitely do not want to drill into the floor EZ Chock instructions - YouTube
Several years ago I got a new to me Weekend Warrior Toyhauler. I didn't want to drill through the floor either. Picked up a sheet of 3/4 plywood, mounted a Harbor Freight wheel chock to it using flat anchor nuts and have been using the same ever since. Tighten up the screws every once in a while and cut down the plywood to 24" wide to lighten the load of moving it some. Had a 1995 Honda GL1500 tied down for Thousands of miles and never had a movement issue. Used the tiedown rings that were in the trailer from the factory.

Not sure what bike you are tying down but saw something interesting for Harley owners from B&W Hitch yesterday in Daytona. They call it the "Biker Bar". Below is a link of you can just google and it comes up.

Biker Barâ„¢ - Strapless Automatic Motorcycle Removable Clamp Bar | B & W Trailer Hitches

Rod

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #16

For dirtbikes in my enclosed trailer I designed a little system that works great. I have hauled bikes hundreds of miles without a bike ever even budging. I used harbour freight bar clamps and some pipe from home depot. The trick is adding a hook on the bottom of the top clamp by drilling a tapping a hole to add a socket head screw to engage into the foot peg. It works great without the hassle of straps..

[ATTACH]57854

The pipes are screwed to reverse mounted base plates under the 2x8. To remove you just unscrew them. For small bikes you just use a set of shorter pipes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140309_220641.png
Views:	130
Size:	440.9 KB
ID:	57854  

Old 03-11-2014, 01:34 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lappir View Post
Several years ago I got a new to me Weekend Warrior Toyhauler. I didn't want to drill through the floor either. Picked up a sheet of 3/4 plywood, mounted a Harbor Freight wheel chock to it using flat anchor nuts and have been using the same ever since. Tighten up the screws every once in a while and cut down the plywood to 24" wide to lighten the load of moving it some. Had a 1995 Honda GL1500 tied down for Thousands of miles and never had a movement issue. Used the tiedown rings that were in the trailer from the factory. Not sure what bike you are tying down but saw something interesting for Harley owners from B&W Hitch yesterday in Daytona. They call it the "Biker Bar". Below is a link of you can just google and it comes up. Biker Barâ„¢ - Strapless Automatic Motorcycle Removable Clamp Bar | B & W Trailer Hitches Rod

Thanks, I'm hauling an HD Ultra Limited.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:40 PM   #18

I had the Biker Bar in my toy hauler, it works really good, highly recommended. It comes with some underfloor mounting pads that make it removable but they don't work very well on a trailer that has insulation so I made some custom mounting bolts for the floor so I could remove it, basically a 5/8" rod with a rod couplings and a washer welded to one end and bolted through the floor, I also used a incentive of c-channel underneath and sandwiched everything between the plywood, you need access to the underside either way.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-613217099.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	505.8 KB
ID:	58679   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4114830661.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	496.5 KB
ID:	58681  

Name:	image-3299557905.jpg