Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-05-2005, 07:01 PM   #1

Check out this article I found on rv.net. It's about Mark Warmouth and WW.

Maybe we see why quality and personal service is slipping?

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/15817006.cfm

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2005, 07:01 PM   #2

Check out this article I found on rv.net. It's about Mark Warmouth and WW.

Maybe we see why quality and personal service is slipping?

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/15817006.cfm

Clark

Old 07-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #3

WOW, some real course comments by the readers attached to that forum. On the one hand, they do produce a good product. However, they have made some serious product mistakes in the past (SuperLite Line). I think more than anything, he needs to be coached in addressing the public.
Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:02 PM   #4

Rod,

It's funny reading the article and remembering how it was for them when I got my WW. That was back in his lean days, when he took input from the owners on trailer issues and acted on them. Now I'm afraid that some of that personal touch is gone.

Also, if WW bought Rag'en, why does the Rag'en line come with 16' tires and wheels and not so on the WW's? Hmmmmmmmm...

Clark

Old 07-05-2005, 08:22 PM   #5

Clark

Is the Ragin' line the one they make in Idaho, or is that WW as well? I seems to me like they bought the Ragin' plant and completly left it alone. No influence from WW.
I like the additional comments made by the members of that forum. He is calling out some big manufactures with a lot of backing. I guess $90m in sales can make ur head a bit big. What anyone who has ever owned or run a larger company knows is that some years are "break out" years, where you do double your sales. But then next year you could be back to eatting Cheereo's. There are a lot or factors that come into play when you run a company producing an item that is not a neccesity. As well, it's real easy to get a lot of money these days, especially if you are lucky enough to own a house. I personaly think that has a lot to do with their success. $40-$60k is not a big deal when the value of ur house goes up 25% every year and you can pull a second, or line of credit. Why do you think everyone has sandrails now?
I was telling Deb, a little moxy in the board room is one thing, but not to the local paper. The comments about him not wanting to be his competion would have been more constructive in a closed door company enviroment. Thats just how I run things though. And you can't argue with his success. He must be doing something right.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:52 PM   #6

The thing I find interesting about the article is the customer they interviewed. He's having weight issues of his own. Click here

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:14 AM   #7

Wes:

I was just going to mention that...I've talked to him- he wanted us to make it up the the Big Bear Jeep get-together last month so they'd have a good WW showing. Just couldn't make it, though.

With all the issues at hand, I still got to hand it to Mark for addressing this CC issue in the manner he has, and IMHO, WW is still a darn good TH. I have to remind myself that this is a Forum, which just lends itself to letting people get things off the chests. I also think if done with integrity (Wes' predicament is a really good example) it can be constructive and produce some acceptable results.

Hey Wes...on the Load E's they're gonna give ya...do you know which brand? It may be worth your while to either cough up some extra dough for 16's (as mentioned earlier) or at a minimum have them give you an extra rim & tire to carry two spares (yeah..I know...that'll really help the CCC, won't it?!)

And those guys over there at rv.net...wow...what a different crowd than here...sometimes I can just SEE the hair rising up on their backs (many excepted though).

Can hardly wait to read the announcement on WW's website!

Sean