Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Nexen Tires

I've searched irv2 and the internet and don't find a lot of information positive or negative about these Nexen tires. I recently bought a used 24 foot Haulmark enclosed car carrier and will be towing it to Alaska. So I think new tires are in order and unfortunately cost is a consideration or I wouldn't be asking about these tires. The size I'm looking at is LT 225/75R/16's (load range E, 2679 lbs capacity) and Wally World has these for a lowly $119 plus mount & balance. Anyone have any experience with these tires? I certainly don't want tire problems in the wilds of that road.

The trailer originally came with 15 inch wheels but the previous owner upgraded to 16 inch and heavier rated tires after having tire problems with the lighter 15 inchers.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Had 6 of those same tires on my 1 ton 3500, wore like iron ride was horrible took them off put on Coopers.I think they would be ok on a trailer though.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #3

Here is a reference.

NEXEN Performance Tires

FE
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Thanks for the replies - I ended up with cooper tires at Les Schawb.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #5

That's strange, our local Les Schwab has stopped selling the Cooper Tires because of all the problems they have been having with these for the last two years.

Good luck and I hope you bought a spare or two, it's a long ways between tire stores up north.
Happy Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Kevin,
I don't know your area but in Grants Pass Les Schwab still carries Cooper - or so they tell me. I didn't buy a spare or two but the trailer came with the four 15 inch wheels and tires so I figured I'd carry one maybe two of those just in case. The previous owner switched from 15 inch wheels to 16's.

Tags
tires