Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:44 AM   #1

Noob with a TH.

Well, just as it says. I'm new here looking for a little guidance with my TH. Friday, we will go pcik up our new (to us) TH. We found a 25' Victory Lane Bumper pull that'll suit our needs well. I do not know much about this TH since I've never owned a rv. I had a really good friend accompany me to go look at it, since he works at our local dealership. What am I to expect from this TH?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

What to expect? LOTS OF FUN!!!

Toy Haulers are great and very versatile RV's. We have a Class A Toy Hauler and have used the garage for everything from a guest room to a dog kennel (plus as a garage too).

Victory Lane comes back as being a Dutchmen RV model.
http://dutchmen.com/image/data/docum...ory%20Lane.pdf
We had a Dutchmen Denali TT before the Class A and it was a fantastic RV with good build quality and design.

For the delivery, you are wise to have the seller show you that EVERYTHING works and how it works. That way there are no surprises after the sale.

Bring your buddy and any significant other you have in your life for this event. You will be empowered by their help if/when the seller tries to avoid anything

Best luck

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #3

Glad to have you here with us. With that TH you are looking at good times ahead. Congrats!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 12:33 AM   #4

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2656.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	62920

Name:	IMG_5098.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	62922

Name:	IMG_4722.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	62923

Name:	IMG_3137.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	62924

That's our new TH. VERY excited about taking it out in a few weeks. I have found out a few things and I don't know if it's anything to be alarmed about.

1. The on board generator has been removed because it was locked up, thank goodness I have another. I doubt it'll fit in the compartment where the on board generator was, but i'm goign to try it.

2. The fueling station hasn't ever been used. I have read a thread on here about repair of the fueling station, good read, easy enough fix.

3. The guy I'm buying it from stated that he may have lost all manuals to this TH, how or where can i find that info to ensure I'm not going to damage it?

4. Will my F250 have a issue pulling this TH with our 2013 Polaris RzR inside? Will a tow/sway bar be necessary?

5. What size generator should I have to power this TH without any hesitation. The one I currently own is a 6500 watt Coleman. Should that do whats required when not plugged into SP?
Old 05-15-2014, 12:42 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrats!!
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 05-15-2014, 01:11 AM   #6

congrats on the new toy hauler!!!! I would recomend a load equalizing hitch, the trailor will tow much better with one.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:25 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Anti-sway equipment is always a good idea. The F250 should have no problem, but don't go over the truck's GCWR. To prevent overloading, you might need to weigh the trailer loaded

A 6500watt generator is plenty. Our Class A has 50amp service and a 5500watt gennie to feed 2 rooftop AirCons. You are more than good with 6500watts.

For old manuals, Archived literature is here: Customer Service Dutchmen RV

Best luck!
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 05-15-2014, 04:26 AM   #8

Thanks for your help. Very much appreciated.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:53 AM   #9

1. They make specific generators for RVs, they are generally the right size (that is more likely than not what was in there to start).

2. Sorry no experience... we exercise ours. (Cam-am Outlander )

3. For the most part the manuals are a collection of manufacturers manuals put into a large packet. Now days you can hunt down most online.

4. Do not know motor/gears in your truck. Most bumper pulls are good behind a 250 but check for your gross weight on the trailer then spend the 8-10 bucks and go to CAT scales at a truck stop and weigh the trailer/trailer truck combo. Weight distribution while may be not necessary will make it behave better behind the truck. I would suggest if you can effort it you should. Remember everything is on that one 2 5/8 inch ball.

5. That one will work, sort of. Well it will be more that enough but if you spend a lot of time dry camping, and it is not a Quiet unit, you will notice it is rather LOUD. If you and your friend are OK with that you are golden. ... we were the loudest in the group. They shamed us into a quieter unit...

Enjoy!