Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #15

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

PM me with the park name as I am in Nor Cal and would like to avoid yhis park.

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' View Post
PM me with the park name as I am in Nor Cal and would like to avoid yhis park.
PM Sent

Old 07-21-2011, 01:09 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalrockhunter View Post
I'm sending u the info now, I do work for a living, for me it was just easier to PM you the info as we are both on the same site, but it seems you prefer not to accept PM's
A Wayward Traveler?
sure quick to judge
Your right, I was. Not very nice on my part. sorry !

Thanks for the info on e mail. Also, I didn't realize that I wasn't accepting PM's. I'll fix that.
I also don't like supporting RV Parks that are happy to take your money and then are not very pleasent to deal with. There are too many nice places that are glad you stayed with them.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:43 AM   #18

Why the big secret?

If's the park is really so bad, why keep it a secret? I agree the story loses some credibility with a mysterious krappy kommercial kampground...
Old 07-21-2011, 06:17 AM   #19

First off, I would have beat said daughter within an inch of her life for removing the tools so her clothes would fit in the trunk. You don't mess with a man's tools, ever.

You would be doing all of us a favor by posting the name of the CG. $2.19 for a bandaid; get out now; driving off after mother fell. These people only care about the bottom line.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #20

I am still waiting for the pm. If I read your post correctly the campground showed concern for your situation by not charging you the extra day for the time you exceeded their check out policies. That is something in your favor. While you were taking somebody elses site that they paid for and were waiting on you to vacate, you became frustrated and felt like you were not treated with respect. You got the extra time to move out for free, they sold the site like any business would, the new folks were ready to occupy it and the host urged you to move along faster, and you feel you were not treated with respect. I fail to see negativity toward the campground is warranted.

We all feel concern about health issues and perhaps the campground was not sympathetic enough for you, but it really is not theiir issue that you went to ER or mom fell. Just looking at it objectively does not make the campground actions that bad, after all they forgave their policies and let you stay without charge until you could leave.

Please pm me as I remain interested in the campground and truly hope mom is better.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
That place must have been packed to the gills.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #22

To the OP,
Thanks for the pm. To honor your request I will not disclose the location and others can get it from you as a pm if that is your choice. After learning of the northern California location I am not surprised. I have found among KOA's that some are excellent in every way and some are lacking. It does not appear that there is any consistent policies among the franchises. I use two often in the California Delta (Tower Park and Delta Bay) and have never had a bad experience at either and that is over a period of more than fifteen years. On the other hand, there is a KOA near Placerville that has a reputation for being more on the avoid end of the spectrum.

I guess the real answer is to choose wisely and if burned once shame on them, burned twice shame on us. There are other campgrounds, some KOA's, some private RV parks, and some public state and federal campgrounds and I am sure you can find happiness at someplace other than the one you had all these problems with. I go to the northern California coast a lot and offer up to you an excellent campground in the Sonoma Coast State Beaches called Wrights Beach. You are literally camping at the base of the cliff and just above the surf. Walk south on the beach about a half mile and there are some sea caves and a blow hole, both fascinating. Go north a couple miles to Goat Rock beach and you can see the Jenner River enter the Pacific Ocean. There is even an old bulldozer from WWII slowly being reclaimed by the sand and sea.

Also, you might try Doran Beach on the spit of land between
Bodega Bay and the Pacific Ocean. Within a minute you can walk between the two and the campsites are on the spit. At the end is a Coast Guard station. Great sleeping at night in the cool air and with the sounds of the ocean.

If you like the mountains, try Cicso Grove about fifteen miles west of Donner Summit on IR 80. From the campsite people can ride quads or dirtbikes to the trails, a rarity among campgrounds today. A little noisy at night from the occasional trains and some highway noise, too. But for the ability to play with toys right from camp and go into the pristine area north of the campground it is very nice. It is also the site of the first functional telephone in California where the train observer fire station lookout was connected to fire stations below by phone when steam locomotives would set off fires in the old wooden snow sheds. The lookout is still there.

I hope your next camping experience is better.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtandem View Post
To the OP,
Thanks for the pm. To honor your request I will not disclose the location and others can get it from you as a pm if that is your choice. After learning of the northern California location I am not surprised. I have found among KOA's that some are excellent in every way and some are lacking. It does not appear that there is any consistent policies among the franchises. I use two often in the California Delta (Tower Park and Delta Bay) and have never had a bad experience at either and that is over a period of more than fifteen years. On the other hand, there is a KOA near Placerville that has a reputation for being more on the avoid end of the spectrum.

I guess the real answer is to choose wisely and if burned once shame on them, burned twice shame on us. There are other campgrounds, some KOA's, some private RV parks, and some public state and federal campgrounds and I am sure you can find happiness at someplace other than the one you had all these problems with. I go to the northern California coast a lot and offer up to you an excellent campground in the Sonoma Coast State Beaches called Wrights Beach. You are literally camping at the base of the cliff and just above the surf. Walk south on the beach about a half mile and there are some sea caves and a blow hole, both fascinating. Go north a couple miles to Goat Rock beach and you can see the Jenner River enter the Pacific Ocean. There is even an old bulldozer from WWII slowly being reclaimed by the sand and sea.

Also, you might try Doran Beach on the spit of land between
Bodega Bay and the Pacific Ocean. Within a minute you can walk between the two and the campsites are on the spit. At the end is a Coast Guard station. Great sleeping at night in the cool air and with the sounds of the ocean.

If you like the mountains, try Cicso Grove about fifteen miles west of Donner Summit on IR 80. From the campsite people can ride quads or dirtbikes to the trails, a rarity among campgrounds today. A little noisy at night from the occasional trains and some highway noise, too. But for the ability to play with toys right from camp and go into the pristine area north of the campground it is very nice. It is also the site of the first functional telephone in California where the train observer fire station lookout was connected to fire stations below by phone when steam locomotives would set off fires in the old wooden snow sheds. The lookout is still there.

I hope your next camping experience is better.
Thank you for your input on differant camping areas to go to in this area
Most of them I have been to over the last 30 plus years I've been here.
But always need to be revisited from time to time
Bryan

Tags
camping