Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2005, 08:19 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Yeap, its that time again. A week in the woods with just the boys, no women allowed. Got the truck loaded down with a rick of firewood, Jeep loaded in the WW, Supplies loaded, satellite stuff all loaded, think I'm about ready to roll and still have two days to go. I think I may be a tad overloaded but it'll pull it anyway.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2005, 08:19 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Yeap, its that time again. A week in the woods with just the boys, no women allowed. Got the truck loaded down with a rick of firewood, Jeep loaded in the WW, Supplies loaded, satellite stuff all loaded, think I'm about ready to roll and still have two days to go. I think I may be a tad overloaded but it'll pull it anyway.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:35 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...a rick of firewood... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

- how about a couple .22Longs for varmit plunkin'?
- a 1911 for dispersing empty beer cans to their maker
- how's your icemaker working these days? (we haven't had a thread on your icemaker in a few months now)
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:59 AM   #4

I am also headed to the woods. Tomorrow morning Bubba and I are heading to far Southeast Texas for our anual fishing/camping trip with guys only. We have been making this trip twice a year (spring & fall) for about 20 years. There will be no toyhauler on this trip, it is strictly primative camping. I always enjoy this trip, good fishing, good campfire cooking and picking and grinnin (picking a guitar, not our noses), good friends and good beer.
We are also just a couple of weeks away from deer hunting season so the WW and the truck will get a good workout next month.
Enjoy your trip Vette.

TB

P.S. The Blue River trip weekend before last was great. We got a campsite right next to the river between two water falls. Setting by the campfire in the mornings, sipping my coffee and listening to the running water, it don't get no better than that.

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:59 AM   #5

Hummmm....must be OK slang for a 'poopload', or 'bed-load' of firewood...I checked MS Word's Thesaurus and there's no mention!! It' prolly just 'ol Tommy just giddy about gettin' out on his own for a while! I know I would be!!

You have a great one there Tom!!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:23 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...a rick of firewood... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A unit of measure for wood, rick, cord, etc. A rick is a stack 4ft high by 8ft long, don't remember what a cord measures. You guys sure lead a sheltered life out there, probably don't even have fireplaces in your house. Yeah, I know, whats a fireplace! Never mind.

Hey Twin, enjoy your week as much as I'm gonna enjoy mine. Temps are suppose to drop into the 40's here at night with 70's during the day, JUST PERFECT! A little fire, a little antifreeze, what more do you need.

Oh, by the way FD, ice maker is doing just fine. It'll probably get a workout this next week.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:29 AM   #7

You got it Tom, the latter part of the week should be great camping weather.
A chord of wood is 4'x4'x8'. I just bought a chord of split, seasoned oak last Friday morning in East Texas for $125. Just curious, what does a chord go for in your neck of the woods?

TB

WW FS2300
Old 10-18-2005, 10:33 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You guys sure lead a sheltered life out there, probably don't even have fireplaces in your house. Yeah, I know, whats a fireplace! Never mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,
i once wore a long sleeved shirt. I don't own anything longsleeved, a buddy just let me borrow it to see what it felt like
Old 10-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">chord </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> A cord is 128 cubic feet of wood stacked tightly. This is typically stacked 4' high by 4' wide by 8' long (4X4X8). (FYI reference: typical full size pick-up, bed level, will hold ½ cord or one rick)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As for the cost, don't know since I never buy any but 125 sounds cheap enough. I know after cutting up a rick I sure wouldn't sell it for what you can buy it for. Since I have almost 3 acres of woods, all my firewood is free as long as I go cut it. Have chainsaw, will cut!

Long sleeve shirts, yep, time to get the flannel shirts out, long sleeved and all. Not to mention the long johns and coats.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:42 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twinbubba:
You got it Tom, the latter part of the week should be great camping weather.
A chord of wood is 4'x4'x8'. I just bought a chord of split, seasoned oak last Friday morning in East Texas for $125. Just curious, what does a chord go for in your neck of the woods?

TB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TB..... I had to find out what a cord of
wood runs here in Santa Cruz. (80% of this
county is forested)

<span class="ev_code_RED">Seasoned oak to my house is $370 delivered</span>

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:50 AM   #11

56Nomad, so what in California isn't more than twice the price than what it is here is Texas?

TB

WW FS2300
Old 10-18-2005, 11:58 AM   #12

Howie:

While I was up one Thanksgiving with Moski's family in Monterey, one guy that 'Mom' had got her firework from was charging $250/ 1/2chord. I decided that it was a deal, so I took the truck the next year, loaded it up with a 1/2 chord, took it home, and I couldn't get the damm stuff to burn to save my soul!

Don't have a fireplace anymore...darn thing now is a Natural Gas fireplace (for those cold nights!).

I'd put in a real fireplace if I could find Oak @ $125/chord! Nat Gas is going to be reeeeaaallll expensive here real soon!

And Mikey...other than what they call a dog's fur, have you ever seen a 'coat'? I went online to see what they were...

WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:00 PM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twinbubba:
56Nomad, so what in California isn't more than twice the price than what it is here is Texas?

TB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TB,

You're right on with that one. I had to take
Amtrak out to Texas to buy my Chevy Duramax in
2002. I saved myself $10,000.

If it wasn't for family and the weather here.... I'd move

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:07 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And Mikey...other than what they call a dog's fur, have you ever seen a 'coat'? I went online to see what they were... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'll be dag-nabbed, Sean i also was looking up 'coat', as I also couldn't figure out how a coat of paint would do you any good out in the wilderness while camping

Tom and Bubba, things may be a bit more pricey out here, but it looks like us fellers are gettin' a free education off of you guys today