Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-14-2005, 09:26 AM   #15

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
oh no. Sorry about that.
it was becoming a real jewel. Sounds like that guy took care of his trailer.
( And it sounds like you are saying that it weighs it at prox 10,200 with a GVWR of 10,500. That glass was stretching it thin for folk even back then. )

The search continues!
aye aye

Klamath Falls, gotta put it on my need to do. Half my kin are from Beaverton and Lake Oswego. I have climbed Mt.Baker and Glacier Peak and a number of other Cascade ice rocks over the years. And I'd be there this summer again, if the saltmine didn't have me on such a short leash. SHORT

Lets hear more about the looking

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2005, 11:35 AM   #16

Here you go, even back in 1993 WW trailers were built just about to their GVWR from the factory. Then most people didn't know about weight ratings and would load them to the gills. I bet back in the day that trailer was built, the owners were told the trailer had a CCC rating of 1500-2000lbs. That would be fine, but the options were not accounted for and when thy were factored in, the trailer was just about maxed out.

Dave, did you happen to notice the size of the tires on the trailer? Would be interested to know if they were 15" or 14" on triple axels.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:56 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Yeah, you know the owner said he had it weighed a few years ago, he did,nt remember the exact# but thought about 10k. He did not remember what was in it at the time.... Well you probably know more about Oregon than I. It is a different world on this side of the hill though. One of the best things about being an Oregano is no sales tax and low registration fees Yes that deserves 2 big grins. In seven years of living in Fla before coming here I went through 5 cars, 2 boats, 5 rv's and other toys. 7% sales tax on each transaction. long ago Fla did'nt tax personal sales. That was before the invasion of New York & New Jersey Americans. It puzzles me, with a life in the Air Force & Army I have lived in many states; it seems the best managed were those with the lowest taxes. Go figure! As alway.. Happy Trails!!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:00 PM   #18

the axles on that rig are of interest.
There were three 3500's. Fast forward a dozen years and WW (and others) are using three 6000's. And STILL getting close on the CCC number!
Old 07-14-2005, 12:02 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Mark, sorry, I must have been typing at my two finger blaze and missed your post. Yes, now sit down, the tires are R225-15 load range D!
Old 07-14-2005, 12:10 PM   #20

Now fast forward to today and the tire/weight issue. This just shows that there has been a problem for a very long time with the true weights of these trailers, and being put on the road on undersized tires. Sure many of the trailers haven't had one tire problem, but I bet if you looked at the history of that trailer it was never just very heavily. The ones that were loaded up with toys and what not have had problems.

This is very interesting to see that the older trailers have had the same problems being regonized today with weights.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:18 PM   #21

earlier last month we had a brand spankin' new trailer delivered with a CCC of 768 pounds (verified on sticker)

we now see this in-great-shape 13 year old beauty with a CCC of prox 300 (if our figures are right)

there is no doubt that here at the saltmine sometimes the right hand man and the left hand man are down in different tunnels,
but they GOTTA come up for air every once in a while and plan these things out! they are being planned !

it can be done, my CCC again is almost 4000, but it looks like the purchaser HAS to be one of those hands
Old 07-14-2005, 12:56 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Michael, you are right on. with out being critical, the owner of the M-3200 was a bit dismayed that I would not pull it with the burb. After all he has always pulled it with a pickup. And I was thinking that even if the dry weight with options is 8500 thats still only 2k CCC. The fellow stated he loaded it to the gills with gear and 4 quads water and gas. In the last century I did weight and balance for Eastern Airlines and just the thought of letting something taxi out overgross was criminal. I think I know why WW referred me to Ragin&Blazin RV. They did'nt want to talk about weights. Having now been educated I understand why. Give the customer what he wants not what he needs.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:19 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just wasting time at the keyboard(I am after all retired) and found this http://www.rageninc.com/ the folks that gave me the weight info.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:01 PM   #24

FabDeb!!! Horray!! You did it!! I know you'll be MUCH happier with your own ID.

Now- if I could just get Moski to do the same!

Sean
Old 07-14-2005, 04:14 PM   #25

"Now-if I could just get Moski to do the same!"

Sean-
Are ya sayin' that Moski has a history of sneaking around under the WWFan ID? I would love to think that I am not the only easdropping (is that how you spell that?) girl around here. Lets see here: 1) SandyFeet 2) FabDeb (aka "melon") 3) WWFan (aka FabMoski?)

Deb
Old 07-14-2005, 05:32 PM   #26

FabDeb:

Noooo...can't get her to get in on this fun at all...but we can work on 'er, ey?!

Sean