Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:02 PM   #1

I've been comtemplating getting on of these from our biggest sponsor here rvupgrades.com, but having a hard time figuring out which one to get...does anyone have a pump and does it work as advertised?

My sewer access is in the middle of the driveway, which is slanted and I can't get all of "it" out, but if I back my SLC into it's crib, I'd need about a 40 foot sewer hose and just doen't want to go that route.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Sean

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2006, 06:02 PM   #2

I've been comtemplating getting on of these from our biggest sponsor here rvupgrades.com, but having a hard time figuring out which one to get...does anyone have a pump and does it work as advertised?

My sewer access is in the middle of the driveway, which is slanted and I can't get all of "it" out, but if I back my SLC into it's crib, I'd need about a 40 foot sewer hose and just doen't want to go that route.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Sean

Old 04-19-2006, 06:11 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Sean, I had the Sewer Solution in their early days and it worked as advertised. The only thing you need is patience since it is not a 30 second drain like the 3" hose. It takes about 5 minuits or more for a proper flush.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:34 PM   #4

I have the same problem at home. DW won't even let me talk about it out loud... too gross for her. I heard the Macerator (killer name) works well.
I guess it will just be better to ask for forgiveness then permission. She never does the "doo" anyway!

2BlueHeelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #5

2BH:

Hummmmm...same camp, different location. Sounds like there's a more defintive line of post-camping duties here!

And I'm in complete agreement with your statement...it's the creed I live by.

So which one looks good to you, 2BH? Dave- is the Sewer Solution you had the one that uses the water pressure to turn the poop grinder?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:25 PM   #6

iRV2 No Limits Club
Well you know I have a macerator and electric dump valves as I can not bend down and do all that "stuff" close to the ground. I got the 12volt pump instead of the water powered one as most of the time I am not close to a water supply, such as at home while dumping. I use a 80 foot 3/4 inch garden hose which works well, never timed it as I am in no hurry to do ANYTHING. I suppose the RV water pump might put out enough pressure to run the sewer solution but never checked it out. I got the Jabsco ?sp at an independent rv service center for $99.00 on special so that was just fine and dandy for me. We don`t even wear rubber gloves anymore to dump.
Oh yeah the pump will push up about 20 feet elevation.
See yall in the funnies, Warren
WAGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:30 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Roger that Sean. You hook a standard hose to it and it macerates with a water stream and discharges through a 3/4" hose to the sewer. For long distances(up to 100') they recomended using pvc. The patience part was waiting for all the stuff to be pulverized and moved throught the 3/4" hose. As I remember it was about $100.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:25 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
2BH:

Hummmmm...same camp, different location. Sounds like there's a more defintive line of post-camping duties here!

And I'm in complete agreement with your statement...it's the creed I live by.

So which one looks good to you, 2BH? Dave- is the Sewer Solution you had the one that uses the water pressure to turn the poop grinder? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking the waste management system ($179) looks complete and simple to use. Just add hose and pluggie your nose!

2BlueHeelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:03 AM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Folks here is the link to Sewer Solution. Should answer all questions.</span>

http://www.sewersolution.com/
Old 04-20-2006, 07:26 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sean, you KNOW I bought one to use in New Mexico while on vacation last year. It worked great, pumped through a 3/4 hose and a 5/8 hose a total of 125ft to the pit toilets. The only thing is you need to pump, then fill your tank up with water and then pump again since it does things more slowly, you don't get the sudden surge to help empty the tank completely. Mine is the 12 volt waste disposal system, I had to make a power cord to reach the batteries since they are up front, used 10 Gauge wire to handle the amps. I've got this one and its made by these people
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Sean,

I use the RV Sanicon system from rvupgrades. It might be the one you're are thinking about.

What I really like about the system is how compact it is. I used to carry 10 and 20 foot lengths of sewer hoses, couplers, elbows, all that stuff to properly slope the hose, etc. My sewer bay was always stuffed with stuff. Now that I'm using the Sanicon, you can see how neat and clean the system is.
The pump connects to the motorhome outlet with a reinforced 3" hose. The pump sits in the back of the compartment and connects to a 1" discharge hose which has a valve on the end of it. The small clear hose you see on the clear elbow is the "grey water bypass" It is designed to allow the grew water to drain around the pump if desired when hooked up full time at a campground if you leave your grey valve open.

Incidently, the small black panel in the compartment is the SeeLevel digital tank monitoring system I also installed. You can read about it in this SeeLevel Review. Its nice to know how much is really is in each of the tanks.

Obviously pumping the waste through a 1 inch hose uphill when necessary is the biggest advantage of the system, but the other is the cleanliness involved. No more messing with the bulky 3" hose. Another feature I like with the system is if I do wish to use the 3" hose, the Sanicon system removes by simply untwisting the 3" elbow.

You might wonder why would want to use the 3" hose. As Tom mentioned, the Sanicon pumps at 12 GPM or so. The 3" sewer hose probably dumps at 5 times that rate so when I'm at a dump with the connection very close to the motorhome, I sometimes remove the Sanicon and attach a short 3" hose for a dumping. It is faster, and the faster dump probably helps carry things out of the tank.

Overall though, the Sanicon gets my thumbs up
Old 04-22-2006, 07:05 AM   #12

Jayco Owners Club
Joe K - nice setup.

If anyone is a little squimmish (sp?) about cleaning out that last bit. Try this "clinker plinker"
water cannon

Sometimes I can't help myself.
DonavonP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:03 PM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe-K:
Sean,

I use the RV Sanicon system from rvupgrades. It might be the one you're are thinking about.

What I really like about the system is how compact it is. I used to carry 10 and 20 foot lengths of sewer hoses, couplers, elbows, all that stuff to properly slope the hose, etc. My sewer bay was always stuffed with stuff. Now that I'm using the Sanicon, you can see how neat and clean the system is.
The pump connects to the motorhome outlet with a reinforced 3" hose. The pump sits in the back of the compartment and connects to a 1" discharge hose which has a valve on the end of it. The small clear hose you see on the clear elbow is the "grey water bypass" It is designed to allow the grew water to drain around the pump if desired when hooked up full time at a campground if you leave your grey valve open.

Incidently, the small black panel in the compartment is the SeeLevel digital tank monitoring system I also installed. You can read about it in this SeeLevel Review. Its nice to know how much is really is in each of the tanks.

Obviously pumping the waste through a 1 inch hose uphill when necessary is the biggest advantage of the system, but the other is the cleanliness involved. No more messing with the bulky 3" hose. Another feature I like with the system is if I do wish to use the 3" hose, the Sanicon system removes by simply untwisting the 3" elbow.

You might wonder why would want to use the 3" hose. As Tom mentioned, the Sanicon pumps at 12 GPM or so. The 3" sewer hose probably dumps at 5 times that rate so when I'm at a dump with the connection very close to the motorhome, I sometimes remove the Sanicon and attach a short 3" hose for a dumping. It is faster, and the faster dump probably helps carry things out of the tank.

Overall though, the Sanicon gets my thumbs up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe:

Do I detect the notion that you could eat off the floor of your sewer compartment? That is gorgeous! But my tanks are alot lower than that- the compartment would be scrapping the whoops in the desert.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...and electric dump valves </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Warren: Good to see ya here! Those are also an additional I've been frothing at the mouth for...at $80 a piece, I'll have to froth a little more, unless I can sneek them (and the check register entry) past the DW....hummm...I think I know a way! Seriously, good idea...
Old 04-23-2006, 08:21 PM   #14

iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Sean, Good to be here too. I wish I could have put up a picture like Joe-K did but it aint gonna happen, maybe with the fuel costing so much I might be able to work on the dumper area in my MH so it looks sorta like that, I would like to hook my black and gray pipes together like that though. Joe.

See yall in the funnies, Warren

WAGM is offline   Reply With Quote