Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2005, 08:30 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Seems to be a number of fuel pumps going bad here lately.
I called my dealer to see where i was in line to be called about the problem since I have a brand new LE33. They said there is no line. There IS a recall though.

If it fails, i guess that means YOU call THEM.

The company doing the recall work for my dealer told me that there is a recall,... and that there is NO coding or serial numbers on the effected batch of bad pumps that will distinguish them from the good ones.

His 'Rule of Thumb' he told me is: if your ONAN has more then 10 hours or so on its clock, you probably are safe. Anyone here have a pump go bad that has had more then a dozen hours on it?? Mine has 10 on it.
Sandy/Nick paid $48 for their replacement. (Hopefully soon to be reimbursed.)
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2005, 08:30 AM   #2

Seems to be a number of fuel pumps going bad here lately.
I called my dealer to see where i was in line to be called about the problem since I have a brand new LE33. They said there is no line. There IS a recall though.

If it fails, i guess that means YOU call THEM.

The company doing the recall work for my dealer told me that there is a recall,... and that there is NO coding or serial numbers on the effected batch of bad pumps that will distinguish them from the good ones.

His 'Rule of Thumb' he told me is: if your ONAN has more then 10 hours or so on its clock, you probably are safe. Anyone here have a pump go bad that has had more then a dozen hours on it?? Mine has 10 on it.
Sandy/Nick paid $48 for their replacement. (Hopefully soon to be reimbursed.)
Old 08-23-2005, 09:25 AM   #3

Mikey:

I just called WW to have them check mine- thanks a bunch for reminding me...I don't think I have 10 hours on mine yet either. The 'gal' that answered service didn't know anything about it, but she said she'll pass the note on to the SA guy I originally talked to.

Now I am assuming everyone has the Onan 5500w Marquis Golds? Is this problem just limited to that unit? This is the standard genset WW puts on all the larger TH's- just don't want to assume that these are the only ones out there having the problem- I would assume correctly at a certain point that one fuel pump could be common to more than one model.

Thanks again!!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:40 AM   #4

I just got a WW FS2300 with the 4.0 Onan Gen. Had the fuel pump problem as well. They replace it with a new one and its running great now
RCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 11:17 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just got a WW FS2300 with the 4.0 Onan Gen. Had the fuel pump problem as well. They replace it with a new one and its running great now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well theres our answer to THAT question. It appears to effect a range of models of both WW and a range of models of the ONAN.

Great! .....

And,... Welcome RCDave to iRV2!
Sometime fill in your signature with your truck type or any other particulars.
Glad to have you aboard!
Mike
Old 08-23-2005, 11:43 AM   #6

A poster on another site said he had 77 hours on his and his fuel pump went out.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A poster on another site said he had 77 hours on his and his fuel pump went out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just perfect ... i figure that puts me smack in the middle of MOAB with my beer getting warm, and 800 miles from home.
PRICELESS
Old 08-23-2005, 02:31 PM   #8

Just got back from WW and got my new pump. Joe the parts guy said they have had a butt load of bad ones. He said Onan changed manufactures for one run and now they are back to the original manufacture. I purchased a spare for $80.00 because I was there. After looking on the internet I found this http://m-and-d.com/ Search for P/N <span class="ev_code_RED">Onan 149-2620 </span> Just thought I would pass this on incase anybody wants a spare.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 02:42 PM   #9

Fortunatly my dealer had the where-with-all to change my fuel pump before I picked it up. Apparently this has been an on going problem. Oh, and by the way, WW wont issue a recall, they wait until you bring it in then fix it for free. I got that straight from the service rep.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 04:19 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A poster on another site said he had 77 hours on his and his fuel pump went out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just perfect ... i figure that puts me smack in the middle of MOAB with my beer getting warm, and 800 miles from home.
PRICELESS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeap...that's Murphy all the way, huh Mike?

Donno- did you see my coach when you were there? I called this morning to have them check it, but I have to agree with them- if it's working (which you know it will be at the factory, right?!), they won't replace it. But it begs some thought as to what FD posted either about there not being any identifying marks/batches- if there's a difference in Mfr, wouldn't they know which ones were bad? Hummmm...I might wanna call Onan on this tomorrow just to make sure.

Thanks Don! Good defective, err...I mean detective work there!!!

Sean
Old 08-23-2005, 04:29 PM   #11

Sean I saw a butt load of coachs and two landing jacks in the scrap heap. then I saw this guy hauling Butt with a SLC3905 with no front landing gear on the fork lift. He must have been doing 30 MPH Man the dust was flying. hmmmmmm Wonder if that was yours

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 08-23-2005, 04:40 PM   #12

Now Donno...if I hadn't been out there a few times, I'd wonder if you were telling the truth! Hey...one can only hope it's NOT MINE! But truthfully, if it's the same guy who had to jack it up to get it off the truck when I delivered it, then he's pretty darn good at that forklift stuff...

And yes...you are !!!

Sean
Old 08-23-2005, 04:47 PM   #13

Think I really did see your old Jacks

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 08-23-2005, 06:11 PM   #14

"But it begs some thought as to what FD posted either about there not being any identifying marks/batches- if there's a difference in Mfr, wouldn't they know which ones were bad? Hummmm...I might wanna call Onan on this tomorrow just to make sure."

The two I got today look exactly like the one I took off. Same sticker with the part# and all. I guess the guts would be different but you would think if there were two MFG's there would be some distinguishable marks to tell them apart. Let us know what Onan says OK.

Don<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

06 LE 3505

Tags
kz-rv