Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-02-2005, 06:22 PM   #15

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
High Desert, i'm starting to think ol' Seany's noggin is starting to put together the First Annual Verdi Desert Outdoor Campout.
i'm guessin we take I8 east ......
How's the ol' BBQ workin in your backyard?

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2005, 06:27 PM   #16

and Tom,
you are quite the study in professional man,
you fly a lot for work, Dallas for a week a month or two ago, and now flyin who knows where,....
and then home fishin or racin for a week.
we got us one of those high powered corporate types - hard workin hard playin
I'm looking forward to a meet in your direction as well one of these times.
Good luck Tom !!!

Old 06-02-2005, 06:51 PM   #17

Sean, nice digs! I have serious toy hauler envy!! There ain't no way I'm gonna show the LiL women these pics, if she sees that bedroom I'll never get my MH w/garage, seeing how that's were the(her) bedroom WOULD have been!! Congrtas......Bill
PS this site needs spell check!
Old 06-02-2005, 06:57 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
High Desert, i'm starting to think ol' Seany's noggin is starting to put together the First Annual Verdi Desert Outdoor Campout.
How's the ol' BBQ workin in your backyard? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike just knows me too well now, but now he's got a name for it! But Mikey...I believe HD's up north...you're just too use'd ta driving EAST!

And Tom's gotta get some high-falutin' fandgled wi-fi setup so he can keep up on the latest buzz! Geeez...postin' 5 days later ain't cuttin' it! (Sorta showin' up at the party the next day- it'll make you look at your watch!).

OK...found some other 'defects'...got the list goin'...ceiling panel in the front bedroom isn't glued right (that one got me perked up). Made me put a notepad and pen in the rig to I don't have to walk to the garage [and because of the bubbly) forget to write it down.

But at least my list of "add-ons" is still larger than my list of "defects"!

Sean
Old 06-02-2005, 07:43 PM   #19

OK...found another...one of screws in one of the valances was stripped...(sorry to be feedin' this to everyone in bite-sized bits!)

BUUUTTT....still just "finer than frog's hair".
Old 06-02-2005, 07:59 PM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">TwinCam:
Sean, nice digs! I have serious toy hauler envy!! There ain't no way I'm gonna show the LiL women these pics, if she sees that bedroom I'll never get my MH w/garage, seeing how that's were the(her) bedroom WOULD have been!! Congrtas......Bill
PS this site needs spell check! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bill:

Thanks much...but if you show her one of those Prevosts, she'd be even MORE grateful to you! And if you could swing that, then only the trailer toad is the hurdle!

We're pretty happy right now....just can't wait to get 'er out on the road. But if there's any mtns to go over, then we'll have to wait for the new F350.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:01 PM   #21

i'll tell you, finding all those little glitches in a brand new trailer IS NOT what mama ordered
kinda annoys me too
like what i said earlier, i go to check out my external plug connector for cable TV on my new WW, and it is screwed into just sheetmetal, not wood backing, and pops right out
hmmmmmmm
maybe a labor super like myself has a new job callin??
ahhhh, i'm tryin to get OUT of work, not find new work
Sean, get your new bad-boy trailer all tweaked out to perfection, and it will be the new TajMajal for a good long time
see ya in a couple weeks
Old 06-03-2005, 07:55 PM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:

Mike just knows me too well now, but now he's got a name for it! But Mikey...I believe HD's up north...you're just too use'd ta driving EAST!

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Sean.....you are correct....from So. Cal. either I-5 north to I-80 east to Verdi or 395 north to I-80 west to Verdi. We're near Boomtown.

And as for "The First Annual Desert Outdoor Campout", I like the sound of this.....

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:03 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Yeah Sean.....you are correct....from So. Cal. either I-5 north to I-80 east to Verdi or 395 north to I-80 west to Verdi. We're near Boomtown.

And as for "The First Annual Desert Outdoor Campout", I like the sound of this.....

Wes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well...I screwed up and should've called it the "The First Annual Verde/HIGH Desert Outdoor Campout", so please excuse my exclusion!!

Got the route...we'll just havta work on the logistics!

Some solid people her, and it's time just to put the puzzle together...we can do it!

Sean
Old 06-03-2005, 09:43 PM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Wow....it's here! Finally! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fantastic.....

Lady Di and I got back this morning from our
trip to Mammoth, so I have lots of reading to
catch up on.

Your rig looks super and congratulations on selling "frenchy"
Old 06-04-2005, 07:52 AM   #25

Thanks Nick!

Other than that pic of you stuck in a turn, you'll need to thrwo us some others of the riding- I'm sure you got 'em!! Glad you made it back safe!

Sean
Old 06-05-2005, 06:04 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well, finally back into the land of computers. And Sean, I had high speed at the motel but didn't have time to use it, one of those fly in, spend two 15 hour days working, fly out, type of trips.

On top of that got in 1 1/2 hrs late and had to pack the hauler and go for the weekend with the Oklahoma Boomers. Thats now our official name. Had a great time, lots of good food and drink with a little thunderstorm event thrown in for good measure.

Hope you're enjoying the trailer, whens that new 350 due in? Did you get the tow boss option? If the old ford won't handle it just let me know and I'll tell you how to fix it.

Ain't life grand!!! and yes, I meant to use "ain't". Ought to be in the dictionary anyway.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:23 PM   #27

Senoir Tomas:

We were wonderin' where the heck you were...it's pretty evident around here when someone's gone for a while (but we're working on it, huh guys [and gals]?!). Glad you had ANOTHER good trip while some of us were driveway camping!

And "ain't"'s a great word! Sorta like ol Jeff Foxworthy's "sensuous" when he talks to his 'ol Lady'..."sensuous up, get me a beer"!

Good news so far on the F350 front...one of my friends has started working on a loan with his credit union (we've already set) to buy my 2000 F250, and we test drove the new one on Saturday and the dealer put our name on it, so it appears that we'll probably have it by the end of the week. Wow...I cain't (yes...I meant to use the word 'cain't'!) believe how well they've improved the ride and tranny on the new '05 PSDs...what a truck- loaded with every buttt-scratcher known to a Ford guy, excepting the King Ranch stuff (you gotta be a serious cowboy to get into that package- you know, stirrups in bed! ). Valley Blvd in Fontana is about the worst road in the Inland Empire, and I felt like we were riding in a Caddy...it was THAT good. It doesn't have the power that my Banks'd F250 has, but it's close. And I've got over my 6.0 fears (partially by staying outta TDS forums for a while). Soooo....we wait for my buddy's "OK FINE" and we'll get 'er! Our June trip to Heaven is off because I just won't have enough miles on the truck to pull the WW that soon, so we're making other plans.

Sean
Old 06-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #28

Awesome news.
Post every detail of the truck you are looking at.
I might be right behind you, if you call 4 or 5 months from now MAYBE, right behind. But then, I really like my '01 F350, so now i just don't know. Putting on a set of airbags now. I'm thinking of calling in my order for those no-drill Firestone 2330's today from Summit.
And that 6.0 i believe these days is nothing but a fire breathing workhorse. Even over at TDS there is a lot of down home praise for it. That '03 version is long gone by now.

Whats all the goodies you gettin on the new F350? If I can scrape it, and even if i want to do it, i'm talking low budget (yea right) all the way. cloth bench seat, 2 cup holders, and dually 4x4.
Get along little doggie