Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:30 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Yeah Sean, I'll echo Mike's comments. Sounds like the right move, you won't know what to do with yourself after getting all this. Sounds like my days back in 2002 when I bought the chevy in January then ordered the WW in April. Everybody thought I'd hit the lottery. Enjoy!

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2005, 07:01 PM   #30

Tom!! Geeezz...sounds like we got everyone on tonight except Sandy...where is she?

Well....here 'tis...

2005 F350 4x4 Crewcab Lariat
6.0l PSD
Torqshift 5spd Auto Trans
Dual Rear Wheels

Equipment:

TOW-BOSS (4.30 limited slip) Package (26,000 GCWR)(includes TowCommand)
Lariat Trim & Luxury Group
6-way seats (Dvr/Pass)
40/20/40 Leather Front Seats
60/40 Flex Fold Leather Rear Bench Seat with Storage racks
Pwr Windows/Locks/mirrors
Trailer towing package (15k hitch)
Electronic Shift on the Fly
Power Rear Sliding Window
Power Gas/Pedals
FX4 Package (Skid Plates & graphic that I will immediately peel off- probably before leaving lot))
6-Disk Premium Sound system
Upfitter Switches (in Tow Command)
LT245/75X17E BSW All-Terrain tires & polished aluminum wheels
Rear Stabilizer Bar
Advanced Security Group
Redundant Control Switches in Steering Wheel
Automatic Temp Control AC
HD 140amp Alternator

...and let's NOT forget the "Front License Plate Bracket" at "no charge"!

Total MSRP: $48.915.00
Total Dealer Invoice: $43,270.68

In stock with MY name on it...so don't get any bright ideas, OK?

If anyone has been researching buying a Ford F-Series truck, you will know this name: Bobby Williams @ Sunrise Ford in Fontana, CA. (In fact, I had someone about two months ago, I think on this site, from Illinois recommending him). You can get all his poop over at http://www.socaps.com. Wonderful to deal with, and got a great sidekick, JR, that is funny, no pressure, and great to work with- very accomodationing.

Just can't believe how 'un-believeable' that ride is on that truck...treat yorself- go drive one!

Old 06-06-2005, 07:24 PM   #31

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Upfitter Switches (in Tow Command) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

now i'm starting to get hot underneath the collar.
THAT IS NICE TRUCK!
i have gone to that Ford website a dozen times over the past year, just dreaming, the website where you can 'build your own'. There are really hundreds of different combinations and a BUNCH of options that aren't really well known.

Speaking of which, what exactly do those upfitter switches do?

Nice truck, or did i say that already?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #32

What Color????

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:05 PM   #33

[QUOTE]

Upfitter Switches (in Tow Command)

Speaking of which, what exactly do those upfitter switches do?

QUOTE]

Mike:

You know...that has been a question of mine ever since I saw them listed...but I can tell you now that they are 4 switches in the TowCommand system that you can use for anything you want...fog lights, overhead lights, blender ....whatever.

When you get hot enough...come on up and go with me to Sunrise and you can buy the next one, OK? I'm sure Bobby would love it...(BTW...he's got an 06 WW CL4005- just what we need as an addition to OUR crowd, ey?).
Old 06-06-2005, 08:30 PM   #34

Ah, yes....that does sound like one nice truck.

Just what you need to tow that SLC beast eh?

Gotta be white , right?
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:46 PM   #35

Clark & HD:

YEAP!!! You got it, albeit with the grey interior and not the beige-it'll be kinda nice to have a white truck and a white trailer...the 1995 was sun-drenched yellow after 10 years, and we're gonna do everything possible to keep this one white...

Which is another thread I need to start...this Thermaplate that Giant wanted me to add on...gotta get some ideas as to just how good this stuff is.

Sean
Old 06-06-2005, 08:53 PM   #36

Ooops....that's Permaplate... http://www.permaplate.com
Old 06-06-2005, 10:30 PM   #37

WWFan,

Sounds like you are having fun. We have a question. We have an 2006 LE3505 on Order and plan on haulin a 2004 TJ. We have an 05 F-250 PSD Crewcab. We had the axles flipped and ordered double queens.

I also noticed you had a dish installed. If you don't mind me asking what did they charge for that?

Any pointers?

Thanks

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
cboh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:44 AM   #38

cboh1
welcome to WW world
that LE is a great model. I really like the work that WW does. You are going to have a lot of fun with it.
Mike
Old 06-07-2005, 07:41 AM   #39

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cboh1:
WWFan,

Sounds like you are having fun. We have a question. We have an 2006 LE3505 on Order and plan on haulin a 2004 TJ. We have an 05 F-250 PSD Crewcab. We had the axles flipped and ordered double queens.

I also noticed you had a dish installed. If you don't mind me asking what did they charge for that?

Any pointers?

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cboh1:

Regarding the LE carrying a Jeep, I think you'll be OK...your LE3505 should come in as a delivered wt of approx 9500-9800, add 1250 for water (if you go full tanks) and whatever for fuel, and then 4000 for Jeep, you'll be right at 15,000. Obviously, you may want to limit your water if you can, and actually, on the Load "D" tires you've got 15,240 on the axles, and a pin of somewhere around 2000-2500, so practically you've got the capacity, but then it really just depends on what you load as far as other misc gear. I believe the GCWR of your 05 F250 is 23k, right? The interactive towing guide says for a 05 F250 CC 4x2 with Auto is 15,900, so you're going to be REAL close. Whatever you do, it's ALWAYS a really good idea to take the whole rig to some scales and find out for sure exactly what you're towing.

Mike & Howie: What was the delivered weights of your LE3505's? (It's on the white sticker inside the right door under the sink).

And about the dish...I got the Kingdome Auto/Manual Model 9630 for $679 @ Giant, and boy is it a sweet unit. I installed it myself- it's pretty easy- find a flat spot on the roof, 3 screws (stainless) per one of 4 feet, and just one hole in the roof to route to the sat receiver. The unit comes with an electronic keypad that tells you the elevation and azimuth (in relation to the coach itself). I thought the crank-up Winegard I put on my other WW was easy- this one is alot betterr (but also pricier, but no worries about putting it up or remembering to put it down, or catching on tree limbs). Also...if you park at home and want to have satellite there, it's got a feature where you can store default settings for two locations. They have other models that'll do everything for ya, but they really get pricey.

Hope this helps...and yes...we're having ALOT of fun, and will have more when the truck arrives!

Sean
Old 06-07-2005, 08:05 AM   #40

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ... What was the delivered weights of your LE3505's? (It's on the white sticker inside the right door under the sink)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

- trailer weights:
GVWR (full load rating) the infamous 15,000
UVW (as manufactured, included gen fluids) 9,791
CCC (cargo carrying capacity) 3891
(the CCC is computed as: GVWR-UVW-full tank(s) water - full LP-gas
(there is now two 75 gallon fresh water tanks plus the 10 gallon water heater)

Now however, Senor '56 and myself both got the LE3305 not the LE3505.
But 9800 pounds! A little more then my last LE31. But the difference is the living room slide we got. I would imagine that anyone packing a Jeep or a sandrail might opt to stay away from the slide in the living room as it can take up a little needed space.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:40 AM   #41

Geezz...havin' a hard time keepin' my LE's straight!

cboh1: I just wanted to make sure you understand that we're talkin' whole numbers here...until you get the delivered weight and know exactly what you're putting in it, then you're right on the cusp...theoretically the WW LE will handle what you've got, but there are some grey areas (2 of them- one for the TH and one for the F250) you're playing in.

For example...Fatdog just added something that always gets left out...the water heater- 10 gals is 83.33 pounds! It doesn't take too much of this kind of overlooking to get way outta whack. And the fuel....gas is approx 6#/gal, so if you're getting both tanks, for a total of 60 gallons, then you're talking 360 pounds.

With my SLC, I'm gonna have to meter just what I put in it so I can stay safe- the F350 will keep me above board where I'll feel better. The TH has 6000# axles, and if I go with 16" wheels & tires, I can use that capacity, but not technically according to the WW Mfg tag.

See the drift? It's a touchy one!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:17 PM   #42

Thanks all,

I know it will be close but I think we should be ok. We enjoy Pismo and once on the beach I will unload the Jeep before bouncing down the sand.

I am on;y getting the tank for the Gen. No fuel station as we have no bikes and the Jeep can go all weekend or just jump up to the station to fill her up.

I try not to fill the water tanks even when we had our class A, save on fuel.

Well the Truck is a lease and if in a few years it needs to be upgraded I can alsways go to an F-450 lol

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
cboh1 is offline   Reply With Quote