Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Hey all,
I am wondering if anyone has one of these? Experience/opinions? Good/Bad?

Outback Awning

Looks pretty cool, but I am not sure it would fit on my Outlaw (not much room between the top of the ramp door and the flood lights).

Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Hey all,
I am wondering if anyone has one of these? Experience/opinions? Good/Bad?

Outback Awning

Looks pretty cool, but I am not sure it would fit on my Outlaw (not much room between the top of the ramp door and the flood lights).

Thanks!

Old 04-03-2007, 03:20 AM   #3

We have the awning and screen room. Love the extra living space they give. With the awning , you can just close the ramp with out doing anything but pushing in the lock pins, which is a nice feature. Also, the awning drops down quickly if a wind storm comes up. Can't help you with fit.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Hey all, We just got our Dune Chaser and it came with one, all we have is the awning, but we love it. It took a little work the first time putting it up but helped in the sun.Here is a picture. We are thinking about the screen room it looks like it will be what we need.

I was getting ready to post a question though. Can you show or tell us what you got with it? The flyer says a bag and ramp cables come with just the awning. Is that true? All we got was a green stripped bag like something you get a mat in we can't even get the poles in it.
Thanks in advance
Old 04-04-2007, 02:22 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
I just spoke with Carefree of Colorado and found out that the awning will not fit the Outlaw. The max ramp size it will support is 96" and the Outlaw has a 100" ramp. Oh well.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #6

The only draw back that I have heard about the screan rooms is that if the wind kicks up you might have to go chasing it across the desert. The WW sales man actually talked us out of one when he mentioned that.

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:10 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by melon:
The only draw back that I have heard about the screen rooms is that if the wind kicks up you might have to go chasing it across the desert. The WW sales man actually talked us out of one when he mentioned that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have had ours up in serious wind. The room zips completely around the top at the awning, has a skirt that "seals" it underneath the ramp with supplied bungees and has a skirt that stakes to the ground. If you have enough wind to have to chase it, you have bigger problems. It's also very easy to drop quickly if necessary. The Carefree Outback rooms are very well designed.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:15 PM   #8
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Traveler, do you have a picture of what comes with it besides whats on the web site we are getting the run around about the bag,( ours is green) and the tailgate cables..
Thanks
Old 04-14-2007, 06:11 PM   #9

Here are a few shots of the Outback Room, I don't have one that shows how a panel wraps up under the deck to secure it from bugs.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:22 PM   #10
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
The pictures of the room look great. Now you have us really thinking about it. Back to the original question please. Do the awning poles fit in the bag and do the cables come with the awning? Like I said I have gotten differant stories and no answer from Carefree yet.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2007, 03:48 AM   #11

The cables came with the awning and the poles have their own bag. Two different products, the Outback Awning and the Outback Room. Sold separately.

If you are hearing contradictory information, it could be due to folks thinking of the rooms as generac and not paying attention to the specific brands and their differences.

Happens a lot, especially on-line I have found.