Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #1

I am making this post to see if anyone is interested in joining us for week of fun in Utah on the Paiute trail system. We are going to be there from July 25 to the 30th. This is one of the top trail systems in the USA. If you have never been there it's a must. It's ATV and Motorcycles friendly. Rails or anything bigger than a Quad or Ranger would be to big for the trails. The trails are groomed and you will see some of the best scenery, wildlife etc of your life. Huge Deer, Elk etc, and there's fishing also. If you are interested let me know. Here is a link with some infor on the Area. Paiute Trail System Link

2006 Rampage 370 Toyhauler
lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #2

I am making this post to see if anyone is interested in joining us for week of fun in Utah on the Paiute trail system. We are going to be there from July 25 to the 30th. This is one of the top trail systems in the USA. If you have never been there it's a must. It's ATV and Motorcycles friendly. Rails or anything bigger than a Quad or Ranger would be to big for the trails. The trails are groomed and you will see some of the best scenery, wildlife etc of your life. Huge Deer, Elk etc, and there's fishing also. If you are interested let me know. Here is a link with some infor on the Area. Paiute Trail System Link

Old 02-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I hope you have some reservations in place. Most folks use Circleville as a staging point. You are about mid-point in the trail system. You can also stage from Richfield if you want more amenities. Most towns on the Piaute allow the ATV's access to the town and gas stations and restuarants and motels. If you have any questions drop me a line as I have ridden it a lot. And have friends who practically live on the Trail in the summer.
Chet
Old 02-28-2006, 06:25 PM   #4

Chet:

Hey...off topic (sorry Dave) but it seems you're the only mod this side of of the Rockies that I'll get to meet soon...pass thru Cedar City quite a few times- we'll have to hook up!

We do Utah alot- GORGEOUS country, and if it wasn't for us already planning a Mammoth/Lee Vining 9-day trip around that time, we'd make it Dave!

Thanks for the tip...we'll have to do that some other time.

Sean
Old 02-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CyberVet65:
I hope you have some reservations in place. Most folks use Circleville as a staging point. You are about mid-point in the trail system. You can also stage from Richfield if you want more amenities. Most towns on the Piaute allow the ATV's access to the town and gas stations and restuarants and motels. If you have any questions drop me a line as I have ridden it a lot. And have friends who practically live on the Trail in the summer.
Chet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reservations? We don't need no stinkin reservations
J/K we always dry camp on Beaver Mnt. I am originally from St. George and have been going to Beaver MTN for years. We have a great time and camp right off of the trail. It is probably the trip I look forward to most ever year. Are you gonna make it? It's just over the hill from Cedar City.

Old 03-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #6

Dave, we might bump into you. We are planning a trip to Glacier park and Banff Canada this summer (July/August). Will be going by Beaver so you never know. No atv's just mountain bikes hihi!!!

If we don't make it to Canada will definitely do our annual pilgrimage to Fillmore/Richfield with the ATVs.

CUL
Nick

2500 HD Duramax
Marco Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:55 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Our family is looking at going as well, hadn't set any dates, but for us it won't be that late in July due to a national convention that I need to attend. Still trying to figure out the best place to set up home base. With my youngest I don't want to hit to many really tough trails, but the area looks like a blast.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:18 AM   #8

To be honest July is not the best time to be hitting the trails up there. We planned that week cause we will already be up in Northern Utah for a Family Reunion and it's an easy hit on the way back to So. Cal. Trail conditions in July can be mighty dusty up there. Best thing to hope for is a little rain. In July temps are typically 40's at night with highs in the 70s for daytime temps. Would love it if any of you can make it but if not maybe we can plan a big one up there next year or something. We have some family that will be going with us in July so we won't be alone but welcome any others that would like to join. I will make sure and get some good photo's this year and post them up to make all of you jealous.

Old 03-04-2006, 06:27 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like riding at the Morrow County OHV park... nasty dust by August. Let us know how the trip goes.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:16 AM   #10

I would like to go with you Dave but I already have plans to go there in june for the atv jamboree. The 2 of us going down the highway would be cool . Everyone would think we were with the circus or something.

terry
Old 03-05-2006, 08:54 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tvmotorsports:
I would like to go with you Dave but I already have plans to go there in june for the atv jamboree. The 2 of us going down the highway would be cool . Everyone would think we were with the circus or something.

terry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi All,

We did the Piute in August of last year and we'd
like to do it again. Terry, could you provide
details of the ATV jamboree in June?

lacofdfireman, We might be able to go with
our group of 4 Weekend Warriors. Were you going
to boondock or do hook-ups?

Can't wait to go.......
Old 03-05-2006, 05:37 PM   #12

We will be staying at the KOA in Fillmore, UT.

http://www.atvutah.com/fillmore/

should be a lot of fun.

terry
Old 03-06-2006, 12:32 PM   #13

Terry,

We have stayed at the KOA twice in 2003 and 2004. The owner is ex Navy from Long Beach nice guy and ATV friendly. The campground is pretty quiet with shade and there is a small pool for the kids. The main trails are about 10-15 minutes riding.

CUL
Marco Polo

2500 HD Duramax
Marco Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:28 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 56Nomad:
lacofdfireman, We might be able to go with
our group of 4 Weekend Warriors. Were you going
to boondock or do hook-ups?

Can't wait to go....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love to have ya if you can make it. We always boondock and set up camp way up high in elevation. We can usually see elk, deer, etc right from camp and are just right off the trail. It's a fun place and alot of the trails are kid friendly also.