Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-23-2005, 06:50 PM   #29

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
now that was really nice Rod

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2005, 07:07 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Wow Rod you're a quick study. Hovergirl and I have been together 31 years and I don't know if I could have pulled that off.

Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 07:11 PM   #31

Nice touch to keep the peace. Thanks for the Welcomes.

Here is mine with a 98" wide toyhauler that I sold in July.

2006 WW LE3305 Billet
sandjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 07:21 PM   #32

Sandjunkie How long is that one? I would be more concerned about that Air conditioner. It looks like you have plenty of room on the sides

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 07:44 PM   #33

Sandjunkie!!

Hey- welcome! Love that sticker on the back! And nice pad! When ya getting the new LE?

Senoir Roderick:

Ya dun good their mate...nuttin' like a nice bouquet to get the eave cuttin' outta her mind!

Sean
Old 08-23-2005, 08:32 PM   #34

Griz, That one was 21 ft. Good eye. I had my brother-in-law move the air conditioner back about 15 foot and gave him the shed since I don't have to keep the portable generator in there anymore.

Sean, I just spoke to WW and they should be shipping to the dealer tomorrow or thursday and I will pick up this weekend. I immediately head out on Sunday or Monday for a week at South Carlsbad SB. Should be a nice break-in.

2006 WW LE3305 Billet
Old 08-23-2005, 08:43 PM   #35

Hey Sand... Welcome onboard.... sucker... sorry..

2006 Ford King Ranch F350DW 4X4 w/Towpac 6.0
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:07 PM   #36

Sandjunkie,

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new rig. South Carlsbad is one of our favorite spots around here. We are going in the middle of Oct. Been going there for the past 4 years now.

Good luck on the WW and enjoy SCSB.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:11 PM   #37

Sand,
Well it looks good from here, but you're the one with the tape measure. A couple things you might want to consider;
1) Do you have a straight shot to start with. The old 21 footer was good practice for the new one, but the new one is 33' plus the pin box which sticks out another foot, so 34', that's 13 or so extra feet you don't want to have to worry about straightening in the driveway to make it straight with the side of your house.
2)Do you have any height problems. Stuff like trees, lights, awnings, bushes. We thought we were done until I had to pull it out to remove a flood light I thought I could clear.
3) A crazy wife who thinks she's always right. (Just kidding Babe)

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:57 AM   #38

Rod,

Thanks for taking a look. I measured again and I actually have 119 inches from the edge of the house eaves to the far edge of the gate opening.

1) I do have a straight shot back. The neighbors driveway is straight across from mine on the other side of the street. I cleared the use of it with him. I can back up into my driveway and use the combination of his driveway and mine to orchestrate a straight shot back. I have to go up an over the curb in that spot so I bought some curb ramps from the RV warehouse.

2. No height issues. The only thing up high are the eaves which I should be to the side of and not under.

3) I got one of them. She will probably stay in the house as I inch this thing back. It works better that way. We almost got a divorce the first time I put the old trailer in this spot.

Clark, SCSB is one of our favorite places as well. We usually do a week at Spring Break and a week in the Summer. Where else can you stay at the beach with a gorgeous view for less than a couple hundred bucks for the week?

2006 WW LE3305 Billet
Old 08-24-2005, 07:02 AM   #39

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">3) I got one of them. She will probably stay in the house as I inch this thing back. It works better that way. We almost got a divorce the first time I put the old trailer in this spot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Bubba's Club is going to be getting a whole lot of new members as more guys follow Rod's mod
Old 08-24-2005, 08:01 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Its sure nice to know that I'm not the only one that has to watch out for the closeness of the space, but at least mine is inside when I'm done. Its still inches here, inches there, until I get it parked. Always amazes everyone that I get that big dog in there, even myself at times.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:19 PM   #41

Tom
i believe a picture would be good at this point.
In particular, i will be looking for scrape marks along the upper wall of your house.
Given your driving experience, i suspect we won't be seeing any.
( i suspect you won't have any fresh cans of paint visible in the picture either )
Old 08-24-2005, 12:43 PM   #42

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by melon:
3) A crazy wife who thinks she's always right. (Just kidding Babe)

Rod </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must think I'm always right too...how else do you explain the flowers?!?!

Clark & Sand:
Tell me more about your love for SCSB. We went there on our maiden voyage with the first WW and I wasn't too impressed, but I'm thinking I need to give it another shot. It is so convenient I would love to have a better opinion of the place. Do you have a favorite site? When we were there (in March of 2004) it seemed to be a bit dumpy. Maybe we just hit it on a bad week.
xoxoxo,
Deb