Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-24-2005, 12:56 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club

How's this FD. It really goes right in that hole. 2" at the rear and 2" at the front, sometimes 1" when the door comes down. AND, it has to fit between the corner and the next supporting post 10ft to the left to get the needed 3-4 inches.

That close enough for you? Sorry that I don't have a pic with it in all the way, but will later.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2005, 01:15 PM   #44

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That close enough for you? Sorry that I don't have a pic with it in all the way, but will later.

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Stop the ponies right there !!!
Back up the ol' wagon .....

WHAT IS THAT GARAGE YOU HAVE ????!!!!

That is NICE !!

That isn't even a converted barn, thats a garage!
Whats in it?
Who made it?
(whats that little pooch looking thing in the foreground? )

Nice garage buddy, what gives ???

Mike

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well, gee FD, I figured you'd already looked at my photo album.

That pooch in the foreground is my attack dog. She'll attack anything that won't bite back.

The garage is a 40X60 with 14ft walls. Two 10ft and 2 12ft overheads, home for the toys. Put 6" of concrete in with 3/8 rebar on 16" centers, no cracking. Had it built after we moved out here from town and bought the place. Took down 36 tree's to make room. Wife almost died. Reminded me of Deb and the cutting eves business. Had to enlarge the drive for the trailer and make a larger turn around area, forget how many loads of gravel we put in but the grass is kind of taking over now but thats ok. There's still a hard surface there to turn around on and thats the main thing.

But, all cars, trucks, toys, etc, go in and even at 0 degrees outside, it doesn't freeze inside. Thats without heat.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:44 PM   #46

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">[Tom:] ... Took down 36 tree's to make room. Wife almost died. Reminded me of Deb and the cutting eves business. ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
boy Rod, you might even be able to move back into the house tonite if you print this out and hand it to Fab.

and Tom, i guess that every time i've looked at your snaps, i've concentrated on the race ones.
Nice layout!
Now i'm even more depressed with my parking.
i reckon that as soon as i post this, i'm going to look up "Retaining Wall" in the phone book.

and i suppose i don't even have to ask, ... i'm sure your garage is plumbed with a sink, has electricity for tools and a stereo, has the required old couch and b/w TV and a small filled refridge, and a little box of half smoked stogies.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:05 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and i suppose i don't even have to ask, ... I'm sure your garage is plumbed with a sink, has electricity for tools and a stereo, has the required old couch and b/w TV and a small filled refridge, and a little box of half smoked stogies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plumbed, water, electric, necessary facilities, frig, couch, AND, darn, I gotta get a digital camera. I put my own shrine in the corner, all around the stereo system, consisting of all the 1st place, FTD, and top Eliminator trophy's I've won over my racing career. Boxed up all the second, and thirds. Have both walls covered in the left corner area over the couch and around the stereo. We usually have a Corvette Club/Weenie roast/cookout/get drunk/bench-race/ type party out here every year. Just move the truck/Corvette/Honda/Jeep out, sweep the floor and good to go. Have a fire pit around the corner from the garage and plenty of parking AND, no close neighbors. Mine isn't as clean and neat as Sean's and I don't have all the neat Nascar stuff but it works for an old, out in the country, garage. And, if the old lady runs me out of the house I'll just move to the garage.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:43 PM   #48

Jeeze! That garage makes my roof surgury look weak. Very nice Tom. I wonder if the nieghbor would notice if I knocked their wall down and built something like that in their bakyard?

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:46 PM   #49

Tom, Make room Rod will be moving in soon.

By the way I am jealous as heck. You have my dream house... I mean garage.

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:16 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You have my dream house... I mean garage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeap, mine too. Thats why I moved out of town, so I could have room to build my garage. And second, so I wouldn't have to put up with "neighbors". Not that I don't like people, just neighbors. Out here, if they don't like what you do they have to move or live with it cause, their ain't no restrictions! Got a sign that I could put here but if I did ole FD would have to moderate it and I don't want to put him in that position. It has something to do with you.

I can go out there at 2am and fire up the race car with open exhaust and just rev the ???? out of it, or take it out in the road for a little run, and the most anyone can say is "I wish you wouldn't do that in the middle of the night". God bless them! The Sheriff came by once and told me that he would appreciate it if I would limit my testing to earlier in the evening so he wouldn't have to put up with people waking him up at all hours of the night. God bless him too!
Old 08-24-2005, 05:49 PM   #51

Your my hero Tom

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 07:24 PM   #52

Tom:

Love it! Gosh darn it...looks like you've got PLENTY of room for a Boomer Rally at your place!
And dang...those SLC's sure are purdy, ain't them?

One of these days we need to come see your shrine...NOW DRINK UP SHRINER!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 07:33 PM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I'm working on it, think you're behind!
Old 08-24-2005, 08:19 PM   #54

Tom,

AWESOME garage, only in my dreams. The next time that I take the trailer to Nebraska to see my daughter, I think you might have to pull a plug out for me there. Your on the way to Lincoln as you know...

Fab Deb,

South Carlsbad State Beach is a great spot for us. Robin LOVES the ocean, and you get to park sideways looking at the water with nothing obstructing your view. It doesn't have hook-ups so boondocking is the order of the day. It's kinda tight parking if your not a good driver, but it's always been clean, but they do hold a tight rein on the noise volume after 10:00pm.

There are stores very close by for things forgotten or needed, and NO train noise as with most of the So. Cal state beaches. It's very relaxing for us, reasonably close, and we try to go a couple times a year. We will be there again Oct 20-23. We always stay on the North end of the park, of course on the ocean side.

Give it a try again, I have been trying to get Fatdog down there since we wished each other a few years ago. We were gone taking care of a friend who broke her ankle and Mike and Cordie were sitting in our beach chairs sipping cold ones. Oh well, someday. We should do a IRV2 get together there sometime, during the off season though...

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:43 PM   #55
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The next time that I take the trailer to Nebraska to see my daughter, I think you might have to pull a plug out for me there. Your on the way to Lincoln as you know... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey guy, come on down. I've got room and electric and water, you get to keep the poop. But, I'll guarantee you a good time too, how's that. Just call.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:46 PM   #56

Yeah, what C. Carney said ^^^^^^^

Its not a luxury RV park with all of the amenities. But the view is better than most luxury parks and you cannot beat falling asleep to the pounding surf.

2006 WW LE3305 Billet
sandjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote