Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:12 PM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tom
i believe a picture would be good at this point.
In particular, i will be looking for scrape marks along the upper wall of your house.
Given your driving experience, i suspect we won't be seeing any.
( i suspect you won't have any fresh cans of paint visible in the picture either ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
See what you started FD!

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2005, 11:20 PM   #58

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now i'm even more depressed with my parking.
i reckon that as soon as i post this, i'm going to look up "Retaining Wall" in the phone book.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well first off, AWESOME garage, and I like it Melon, fits like a glove! Second off we built our house here in So. Cal a year ago in April ,and bought our trailer in Jan. Since then we have been parking on a dirt lot we call our little (1) acre. We got a quote to bring some fill dirt, build a retaining wall (about 200 ft.), poor some concrete, and make a "second" driveway. first quote - 26k, second quote - 24k. Were not to sure what to do. But either way wether (sp.?) or not it's concreted or it's rock, it has to be done, RIGHT? (help me talk her into it)

06 Rampage 387
RRC/AMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:29 PM   #59
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
RRC/AMC

All I can tell you is to get it done. You can't beat having the trailer out of the sun and weather. Makes it last a lifetime.

Just gotta have somebody come in and build a garage for you. We had fill dirt brought in and all that before building the garage. It is always an eye opening experiment because whatever you think it will cost, plan on twice and you may not be too far out of the park. It always cost more than you think.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:40 PM   #60

RRC/AMC, well mines only been at the side of the house for a few days and I don't know how we got by before. Sammie was in it this morning watching Dora the Explorer while I was working in the back yard. We couldn't do that when it was in the front yard. It's like our home away from home on the side of our home...home.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 06:21 PM   #61

Rod:

Same here...most of the time I leave the ramp door open, and we just wander throught it, stopping a bit to sit and wonder, then go about our merry way. Heck...the kids could hold one heck of a X-Box party in there if we got tired of the sound in the house!
Old 08-25-2005, 06:29 PM   #62

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Rod,. buddy.. buddy .....
.. we got us a little situation wit the new avatar ?????

what is it ???

i mean dude, ... the beanie one was definitly a stretch .... but i think this one is a cross between George Jetson and Samantha Darren's husband.

I gotta say ..... you're one of the best ... but ... what IS this one???
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 06:35 PM   #63

Since we're sharing our TH 'bedrooms', here's where our beloved SLC gets to rest...Moski is begging me to put in some overhead parking structure to save it from the elements, but it would be expensive...better to put some trees that don't pee on my coach, ey?

Old 08-25-2005, 06:41 PM   #64

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Sean
you have a awesome RV crib. I has impressed that day i was there checking it out.
You graded it nice, paved it nice, have elec going to it, have a good NASCAR garage right there,
... and to top it off... you're a bit on the good natured side,

i'l be over one of these weekends or a burger and roust

until then,... i'm looking for a retaining-wall dude here in east-county
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 06:46 PM   #65

Hey Mikey:

Thanks...when I saw this space 3 years ago, I just had to have this house...it serves us very well. The fact that we had the elevation diff made it a no-brainer to put the dock in (you can see that we're really ground-in to the TH lifestyle).

Sat Night NASCAR race this Saturday! Bristol!! Come on up if ya 'ont-tu!
Old 08-25-2005, 07:07 PM   #66

WOW, and the lights are a nice touch also. Very Nice Sean.

Mikey, thats me in my smoking jacket. (you ever watch Family Guy?) AlllRiiight!!

WW LE3505
Old 08-25-2005, 07:17 PM   #67

But Rod! You don't smoke!! And it's way too hot to be wearing a jacket these days!
Old 08-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #68

Sean, Neither does Hue Huffner. "In bed by 8, home by 11. Allllriiiight!"

WW LE3505
Old 08-26-2005, 07:46 AM   #69
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Moski is begging me to put in some overhead parking structure to save it from the elements, but it would be expensive...better to put some trees that don't pee on my coach, ey? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sean, I think she's right. Will really help the aging process, the coach, not you!