Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:58 AM   #1
Picking a toy hauler. FR XLR 375AMP is on the shortlist

I've been lusting after a toy hauler and a truck to tow it with for a decade or more.

I have the truck. A '12 F350 SRW short bed diesel.

By the numbers and taking into account a 50gal fuel tank and the weight of the 5th wheel and the tires I have on it :( my rear end will support another 3200lbs.

I'm going to be using it for work as well as play so I need a high load capacity. Most of the toy haulers I've looked at have very low capacity, in the 3-4000lb range.

Then I discovered the 375AMP by Forest River. Great layout, fairly light and nearly 8000lbs of capacity. I think we have a winner.

True, fully loaded this would exceed the capacity of my truck, but having that reserve, the low pin weight and who's to say if I need another truck in the future anyway. [moderator edit]

So, let's hear it. The good, the bad and the ugly. And any other trailers I ought to be looking at as well.

Thanks in advance.

TrickRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2015, 05:04 PM   #2
This isn't really about Toy Haulers, however I think all of you with OFF ROAD vehicles will find this interesting. Big Brother strikes again. Your chance to be heard.

Clicky: Polaris Urges Off-Road Enthusiasts to Stand Up and Let Your Voice Be Heard - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

Huntington Beach, California

100ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 01:44 PM   #3
My wife and I ordered a XLR Thunderbolt 415 in Dec. We'er picking it up Friday. Can't wait.
DDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:00 AM   #4
Not to go off subject but that bumper grill guard is SICK!!!
QuixoticElixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:17 AM   #5
Monaco Owners Club

This rig is great and fully functional...2008 Newmar X-Aire 41CKLG limited Edition 40th Anniversary model.

Lots of usable heavy duty standard options...ie, the electric over hydraulic disc brakes with full Mor'yde rubberized suspension and 6 wheel HD shocks and 16" Light Truck tires not trailer tires.

What other brand does that...that's what other do not give you...check the sticker and compare the weight. Heavier will take you further.

Let me know and I can discuss.
Tom, Marci, Nicolas, Bryce and our dog, Casey
'06 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV and 2014 JKU Sport
Camper_boy is offline   Reply With Quote