Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:07 PM   #1

Well I wanted to post a few pics of my new baby. I think everyone knows what the F-350's look like...but I am posting pictures anyway. I towed my trailer a short distance and the built in brake controller is pretty cool. The length of the truck has taken a little while to get used to....but I am getting more comfortable with it. It goes in on Monday to have a Line-X spray in bedliner put in....I think that will be my only upgrade....I might need airbags at some point...but thats about it. Oh yeah I will have to replace the 1250/12,500 rated receiver with a Reese Titan with a 1700/14,000 rating.... Well here's the pics

Single Rear Wheel (SRW)... I really feel this truck works for my current needs and will be fine for my future needs which is possibly a LE-3305...at the biggest. We only take about 1400 pounds of gear....I am dealing with a really long vehicle....I don't need it any wider.

The built in brake controller is great. This vehicle also has the reverse bumper sensors which is a nice safety feature when my wife is backing up (it might help me too ) .

The other added items are the Diesel and Torqshift 5 spd. trans, 3.73 limited slip rear end, Lariat package which has leather and some additional electronics, Electronic shift on the fly, Camper package with 11,500 GVWR and rear stabilizer bar, Premium stereo with 6 disc changer, adjustable brake and gas pedals, upfitter switches, heated seats, tow command system, two tone paint, bodyside protection moldings, Engine block heater. The only options I didn't get are Power sliding rear window, 4X4 offroad package, Moon Roof, Clearance lights on roof...I think that about covers it. Oh yeah if anybody Needs a 2000 Excursion with a V-10....I got one.

James

2006 F-350 CC, Diesel, SRW, LB
jab3143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2005, 09:07 PM   #2

Well I wanted to post a few pics of my new baby. I think everyone knows what the F-350's look like...but I am posting pictures anyway. I towed my trailer a short distance and the built in brake controller is pretty cool. The length of the truck has taken a little while to get used to....but I am getting more comfortable with it. It goes in on Monday to have a Line-X spray in bedliner put in....I think that will be my only upgrade....I might need airbags at some point...but thats about it. Oh yeah I will have to replace the 1250/12,500 rated receiver with a Reese Titan with a 1700/14,000 rating.... Well here's the pics

Single Rear Wheel (SRW)... I really feel this truck works for my current needs and will be fine for my future needs which is possibly a LE-3305...at the biggest. We only take about 1400 pounds of gear....I am dealing with a really long vehicle....I don't need it any wider.

The built in brake controller is great. This vehicle also has the reverse bumper sensors which is a nice safety feature when my wife is backing up (it might help me too ) .

The other added items are the Diesel and Torqshift 5 spd. trans, 3.73 limited slip rear end, Lariat package which has leather and some additional electronics, Electronic shift on the fly, Camper package with 11,500 GVWR and rear stabilizer bar, Premium stereo with 6 disc changer, adjustable brake and gas pedals, upfitter switches, heated seats, tow command system, two tone paint, bodyside protection moldings, Engine block heater. The only options I didn't get are Power sliding rear window, 4X4 offroad package, Moon Roof, Clearance lights on roof...I think that about covers it. Oh yeah if anybody Needs a 2000 Excursion with a V-10....I got one.

James

Old 10-29-2005, 10:33 PM   #3

Nice Truck!!! Congrats.

2006 WW LE3305 Billet
sandjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 09:07 AM   #4

Beautiful truck. Very clean. I thought the new F-350 came stock with the Titan.

James, may you always have wind in your sails or better yet diesel in your tanks hihi!!!

CUL
Marco Polo

2500 HD Duramax
Marco Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 09:39 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Very nice Jab. Gotta love that Blue. Clark will be proud of ya!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 01:19 PM   #6

Very nice truck!!!! Gotta love that Med Wedgewood Blue!!!!

I know you will love the truck, the more I tow the more I'm amazed how good of a tow vehicle it is. Just can't wait for the next trip!!!

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:51 PM   #7

The truck looks great James. That'll get the job done! I'll bet it looks sharp pulling the WW.

Are you getting the bed liner at "Line-X of Reno" on Glendale? Are you going with black or a colored liner?

I don't know if you saw this thread on the Reese Titan hitch, but I thought you might be interested. I really don't know what to think about it.

Congrats again.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:15 PM   #8

Thanks Wes,

I am going to Line-X of Reno on Glendale. I called a bunch of shops and everybody said there spray in liner was just like Line-X.....But wouldn't give me a name. I thought I will have this truck for a long time....I don't want to have the thing flaking or cracking in a few years....Line-X has a lifetime warranty (I think).

I hadn't thought about a colored liner....I will check into it Tomorrow when I drop off truck....Black would look good...so either way.

I read some guy that had a wierd problem with his Titan receiver....I think that was an exception. I still trust Reese....so I trust the titan receiver. Putnam has that XDR which has the same rating....but it is only 2" opening. The heavier duty weight distribution stuff is 2.5"....so no can do.

I will talk to you soon....Hey are you getting ready for the snow....we should see some of the white stuff pretty soon.

James

Old 10-31-2005, 06:39 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jab3143:
Hey are you getting ready for the snow....we should see some of the white stuff pretty soon.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

James,

I'm almost ready......I've got my wood pellets and am getting my firewood on Thursday. I already winterized the coach. I know WW's have a walk-on roof, but how much snow can the roof handle before it should be removed? Did you shovel the roof of your WW last winter after those Large storms? We had drifts that were over 7 feet deep here.

BTW.....how did your Line-X bedliner turn out?

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:19 PM   #10

James!!

Great looking truck, man! Love the two-tone! Now make sure you get that SEIC High idle mod done...Q108.pdf!

Here's another link that may help you- they made it a sticky on the 6.0 page...http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbt...=1#Post2635591.

BTW...don't go with any colored liners...there's no one that will warranty them for color change- at least none of the good guys.

I'll be talking to ya over there!!

Sean
Old 11-01-2005, 07:37 AM   #11

Hi Wes and Sean,

Wes I got concerned last year....I probably had over 3 feet of snow on the trailer roof last year...I did decide to shovel it off....it was a heavy snow by then. No damage....so my answer is I know it will hold at least 3 feet of heavy packed snow with no problem..... The bedliner came out great.

And Sean thanks for the heads up on the colored liners...I did go with black. I read through the info on the high idle mod....that is pretty cool. I will put it on my list of mods to do.

James

Old 11-04-2005, 09:00 PM   #12

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick comment on the high idle mod for the new truck....It was very easy and the instructions listed in Sean's post above were right on the money. I don't know how much I will use it...but I have those 4 upfitter switches that are not doing anything anyway....so I think it is pretty cool. Thanks again Sean....

James

Old 12-13-2005, 02:04 AM   #13

Nice looking truck. Ya need to upgrade to this grill now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Ford-Superduty-Chro...temZ8021384987QQrdZ1