Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:20 PM   #1

Pictures of the pluses and minuses of a 328M Momentum M-Class

Take these as you will. This is there newest toyhauler model. any vets want to comment on the how bad some of these bad photos look? Like for a sealed trailer the black water exhaust has double the space coming out of the camper. Is this typical manufacturing? Its not all hate though, I just showed up critical like you all instructed. there are some good things about this camper and its being seriously considered by me https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vz5x0i3i4...Zo-T1Jkka?dl=0

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2015, 05:31 PM   #2

None of the pictures came through.
Did you remember to re-size them before posting ?
640X640 max.

EDIT: something changed while I was away typing .

Old 05-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
None of the pictures came through.
Did you remember to re-size them before posting ?
640X640 max.

EDIT: something changed while I was away typing .
I noticed that and just decided to link the entire folder. Does it work now??? Ive got 2 more inches of head room in this model compared to another model. I like the sweep to the vaccum feature. I like the contemporary design. I like the bathroom!!!! Pantry was huge.

The gas tube rubbing the seal to the garage door caused a stiff crunchy action in opening and closing. The trim was just bad in places. Some welds were pretty, some were awful. the 4 inch opening for what looked like a 2 inch black water pipe seemed a bit janky.

all in all these problems arent life threatening to the idea of me purchasing a grand design toy hauler. I know plenty of good aluminum welders who can clean up these welds at a good price, after the warranty of course.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am seriously looking at the 348M and 350M. Really like the Grand Design. I know they are producing many units now so I wonder if that is being reflected in their QC? Really for a $70K toy hauler I expect good workmanship and QC. Hopefully the folks at Grand Design see you pictures.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdavet View Post
I am seriously looking at the 348M and 350M. Really like the Grand Design. I know they are producing many units now so I wonder if that is being reflected in their QC? Really for a $70K toy hauler I expect good workmanship and QC. Hopefully the folks at Grand Design see you pictures.
I was quoted today at $59k. This was written on a 34 ft flyer and i do not know if it applies to the 32 ft trailer I was in. I dont want this one honestly. If they could take the 388m floorplan and put it on the upgraded frame and 3 ac's id be sold. With all of their options and insulation upgrades of course. http://www.granddesignrv.com/momentu...php#All_Images This color scheme just screams "Buy me".

I havent seen an MSRP on any of these units either. Has anyone?