Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-23-2005, 06:54 PM   #15

Erik:

Yeah...I've seen that pattern before!!

Hey...we're also gonna probably try to join FatDog for the Mountain gig in Vegas, but you guys have fun...we'll probably see you the weekend after next, huh?

Sean

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2005, 09:41 PM   #16

Do you guys use WD or anything to prevent rust on your bikes and such??? Our utility trailer, which was pretty much sand blasted from the 40-50 mph runs down Dumont road looked like it was on the beach for YEARS (surface rust)!!! Our 03 KFX has never really recovered and my old TRX never recovered before the sale. Kinda worried about takin the new rig and newer bikes out there???? Just curious how you guys who frequent the beach keep your toys and rigs from looking like mine did after one 3 day trip!

06 Rampage 387
RRC/AMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:51 PM   #17

FatDog & Sean: Marianne and I have been doing a feasability study in regard to Mountain/Ten Years After in Vegas. No matter how we twist and turn, it's gotta be at least half a grand outta our pockets between gas/lodging/tickets/meals. And considering that we are taking delivery of our $40K rig in and about that time, we're gonna have to watch our dime.

Eric: Jugband and a washtub, my *ss! We'll have to teach you young'uns the finer points of Leslie West's gut-wrenching guitar playing. Maybe we'll come to Pismo and crank up some Mountain for you.

King Salami has spoken.

Weekend Warrior LE3305
King Salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:53 PM   #18

We hope to have our WW by July and we are planning on going in August 1-3 to test things out and beat the weekend crowds

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
cboh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:28 AM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...Just curious how you guys who frequent the beach keep your toys and rigs from looking like mine did after one 3 day trip! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We wash everything off ASAP. Stay out of the water. Tarp vehicles at night. WD probably wouldn't hurt but it tends to attract sand, you might be better off with silicone. Liberal amounts of Eastwood Rust Encapsulator on the trailer frame. Buy lots of trick billet aluminum parts.

King Salami:
Isn't Leslie West opening for Nine Inch Nails at the Joint this weekend?

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:10 AM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Do you guys use WD or anything to prevent rust on your bikes and such???<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
RRC/AMC
It is a good idea to use some kind of rust inhibiter. WD-40 works great, but dust sticks do it if you dont wash it off right away. I just got in the habit of crawling under my trailer with a can of spray paint any time I saw rust start to develop. Its real easy to get it all when the trailer in new.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:12 AM   #21

[/QUOTE] Buy lots of trick billet aluminum parts.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats not very nice.

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 06-24-2005, 11:54 AM   #22

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thats not very nice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
no fooling. That billet has a way of sneaking up on your wallet.
So anyway, whats the tide looking like these days at pismo? When is low tide access, and does anyone still try to make a dash thru the creek a few hours after low tide?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:32 PM   #23

FD:
The tides aren't as bad as I expected after the severe winter we had and the creek crossing isn't any big deal. Alot of folks were crossing at high tide without any trouble, but that depends on which high tide and just how high it's running. The tide schedule varies but can be seen HERE. I usually try for the lowest tide period but that doesn't seem to be in the cards for the next outing, so I may be heading there Thurs night instead of Fri morning.

2007 Rally site
Old 06-24-2005, 09:42 PM   #24

Isn't that amazing that you can pick a date and check the tide?

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 06-25-2005, 07:28 AM   #25

It is pretty cool, but I prefer the spreadsheet format they used to have.The YoBananaBoy site still has it that way, and it's easier for me to plan my arrival when I can see all the choices at once.

2007 Rally site
Old 06-25-2005, 08:04 AM   #26

WOW, great site. those pics are priceless!! Much easier to figger out the tide when they lay it out like that.

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 06-25-2005, 08:21 AM   #27

Diirk So for a guy that's never been what you are telling me is you have to time the tide to haul *** through a low portion just to get on the beach? Everyone has to enter the beach at the same spot? Do you have any pics of it? And the possibllity of getting the under carige of the new truck and trailer doused with saltwater is probable? Cool what a way to break her in! just kidding about that. I grew up around puget sound and was stationed in Hawaii for 3 years. Salt water is some nasty stuff!!!!

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 08:39 AM   #28

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Diirk So for a guy that's never been what you are telling me is you have to time the tide to haul *** through a low portion just to get on the beach? Everyone has to enter the beach at the same spot? Do you have any pics of it? And the possibllity </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Griz... are you saying that you've never been there....???
well..... YEA... you have to go over a river, 5 to 9 feet deep, at least... most guys build their own PONTOON system for their rig, you really have to;
the river is about 500, maybe 900 feet wide, VERY strong currents, and its uphill the whole way too.

The other side is where i always thought the fun was. Stay on the moist sand towards the ocean side, it will be obvious, and that will be the solid pack to be able to drive on. The dry stuff father from the water will suck you in quick.
The only time I ever start knowing its 'fun time' is when i know I am going to have to turn around at my proposed camp site and you have to pull off the harder moist sand up into your camp area. That is where you are going to want to call in for assistance from your helo squad. You'll make it

And that whole thing is fun

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote