Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-02-2005, 07:49 AM   #57

Low tide will be around 3:30pm on Thursday. The only downside to arriving later in the day is dealing with all the day campers that show up and block access to the higher spots. The tide isn't really a hugh issue this time of year, but the effects it has are. The higher the tide, the less room on the beach for manuevering. When high tide hits, it can become a single lane for traffic. That's why I like to go as early as possible and with a low tide, more room to manuever on the beach. .By manuever, I mean turn around, because you want you rig facing north and you're driving south onto the beach. The more room you have to turn around, the better. plus, more room means more speed to get into a spot.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2005, 08:36 AM   #58

Gotcha. One more question. If you turn around and face north you get the running start and head up into the soft stuff and park for the weekend... Now do you have to back down hill to the hard stuff to get out or are you trying to turn left before stoppin facing alittle down hill to get started again when its time to leave? Only ask because i've never been. It's probably like anything else.. I will understand when I get there!

Griz

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:27 PM   #59

Griz,
That's an excellent question. It would be easier to depart if you were pointing a little downhill, but a little tougher to level. I usually end up parallel to the water, because my priority is an easy to level trailer, I'll worry about getting out when it's time to leave. I do usually wait to load the toys and stuff until I've already pulled out and farther down the beach onto the hardpack, just to reduce the difficulties of dragging a dead weight through the sand from a standstill.

Last time there, one of our friends actually backed up the hill sitting perpendicular to the water, and had a really easy time getting out.

2007 Rally site
Old 08-05-2005, 07:10 AM   #60

Only 36 reservations left. If your sittin on the fence it's time to saddle up!!
Old 08-05-2005, 07:19 AM   #61

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">....I'll worry about getting out when it's time to leave. ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
exactly
The big concern should be the weekend! a level trailer! a good time! and blocking the wind from blowing 'neath your trailer onto the campsite.
You will always be able to get out, worry about that little thing a few days later.
By the end of a good Pismo, by the time you fire up the ol truck to leave, if you need any kind of help whatsoever, you'll have a dozen guys standing by your truck to give you a hand.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:56 AM   #62

For those of you that don't have it, my cell phone number is 661-209-1068. Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions or when you get to the beach so we can keep an eye out for you.

Eric

2007 Rally site
Old 08-08-2005, 11:57 AM   #63

Here's the attendance list I have so far that are planning to camp between poles 2-3:

Big Buford + 3 Thur AM
ChevyGirl29 Fri AM
Chipster27 Sat
Diirk Fri AM
F250gal ?
Grizwald2 + 1 Thur
JeepGeek ?
JJ&Kids ?
Melon + 3 ?
Toolman (maybe) ?

Let me know if there are any changes. A reasonable count allows us (by US I mean Buford :B) to save enough space for everyone.

2007 Rally site
Old 08-08-2005, 06:23 PM   #64

Dirk I got Yupie realitives from San Fran who paid to have 2 renta rigs drove between post 2 and 3 and set up. (Don't ask) They will beat us so I'm at the mercy of where the renta rig drivers set them up. And you already know I have never been to pismo. So thats 4 rigs for us. Geez I buy a TH to get a way and then they just hire people to come find me.

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 08-08-2005, 06:43 PM   #65

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Griz, I'll tell you the same thing I told Mike. "Come back Don,Come back. Don come back" To Oregon that is. Main reason hovergirg and I are here is that all family is back east. Now "Thats a good thing!"
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:03 PM   #66

That would still be to close for me. Remember HB I'm from Washington. Id be right in the middle!!

I think Montana is where were heading. Californians won't set foot there and my realitives in WA won't want to go where its colder than where there are already.

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 08-08-2005, 07:14 PM   #67

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Well maybe we'll meet there I love Kalisbell. My first duty station as an 17 year old was a radar site in Lewistown Mt. Having been a city urchin in Miami I fell in love with the west. Don't really care to cross the Rockies ever again.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:37 PM   #68

Griz,
When are the rentals going to be dropped off? We might be able to have someone direct them by our camp.

2007 Rally site
Old 08-08-2005, 07:59 PM   #69

diirk, sometime Thursday morning. I will try and find out the specifics. We will be on the road by 10-11 I hope to catch the low afternoon tide. As with anything involving other entities (The Women) I will have to be the A-Hole to get em moving and hold us to some resemblance of a schedule.

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 08-08-2005, 08:04 PM   #70

HB Kailspell is where I was stationed as a recruiter. Still own the house there (Rental now) I fell in love with the place. Only place I have ever been where driving in one day I almost hit a Moose, a Deer, an Elk, and a Turkey. That was just one day! Love a place where you see more wildlife than people.

Griz

06 LE 3505