Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-22-2005, 06:18 PM   #85

Griz,

Sounds like you had a great time!!! Glad things went well on the maiden voyage. Great family shot on the beach. So you got in and out under your own power? How much did you air down the tires?

Tell the family hello for me!!!

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2005, 06:19 PM   #86

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Wow Griz thats sharp! You 'got er done' Thats a family pic to post on the WW wall.

Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:20 PM   #87

Hey Grizzy Baby:

Good shots!! Boy...sounds like it was alot of fun! But wow...that Chevy sure looks it's startin to get buried!

and hummm....two Onan pumps going out at the same time...I've read alot about that problem lately.

You got a great looking family there...I hope they all had the same fun that I'm purdy darn sure you had! and we've got a HDH friend that's got some Boston Terriers that are a riot- great dogs!

Hey...next is diirk's party, ey?

Sean
Old 08-22-2005, 06:51 PM   #88

Sean Its not buried at all just sitting low without a lift. Walked right onto the plywood and was gone! Can't wait to lift it and put some bigger rubber on.

Clark 25psi no problem.

Now my BIL was a different story. If you notice the TH next to me is a 3505 also and the people were very nice. Made for some great times talking about mods and Chevy's He had tires like melons and a 6" lift. After the BIL got stuck he finished pulling him into position. When it was time to go we had to unhook him and pull him than the trailer.

Got to use my Water tank mod when we filled up at the entrance. The water spout was on that side so I just hooked up and let it rip. Worked great. The fuel tank mod was great also. It sure is convenient being able to pump from eather tank. The Wiz lights were also a big hit. (Thanks 56 hope you don't mind the re-name of that mod) One thing we need next is towel racks.... and lots of them with 3 women in the house!! Also a tube under the TH to put the 20' sewer hose. Just had to much fun and even got the Direct TV working for the wife.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:57 PM   #89

Don:

You're the one with the BIL that had the accident, right? How's he doing? Obviously, out and about, ey?

And I'm surprised that Howie hasn't glommed onto that tube for the 20' hose...I've been looking at doing that since my last trailer- problem is, you need to get at least a 4" PVC tube to do it...

...and towel racks...I did notice you've got your fair share of the Y chromy there- make sure you use the dissolving TP, otherwise it's plumber-buttt to the rescue!!
Old 08-22-2005, 07:22 PM   #90

He's fine Just a scar on top of his head and can't ride for this season by doctors orders (wife is the enforcer) Gotcha on the TP. I worry more about the Gray tank getting full from all the showers and dishes they do. Had to yell at em about how much water they use just to wash their dang hair!!

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 08-22-2005, 07:51 PM   #91

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grizwald2:
He's fine Just a scar on top of his head and can't ride for this season by doctors orders (wife is the enforcer) Gotcha on the TP. I worry more about the Gray tank getting full from all the showers and dishes they do. Had to yell at em about how much water they use just to wash their dang hair!!

Griz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what you were telling us, he's lucky to only have a scar! And yes...I think we ALL know how the DW's police us...which is why we need to have a guy's trip here soon so we can let our hair down (so to speak...Donnie...you've got just about as much hair as I do, but I wasn't referring to our toppers, ey?
Takes us, maybe, 10 seconds to wash our hair, hey buddy? Even bar soap will work (we don't need no stikin' shampoo!).

Sean
Old 08-22-2005, 09:12 PM   #92

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Hey guys, before you put one of those tubes on your rig for the stinky slinky try my way. I use a marine dry box that will hold a heavy duty brown slinky with fittings. If it gets a little stinky I just add a little bleach and water close the lid, shake and drain and its good to go. I'll take a pic on the morrow.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:34 PM   #93

Gotta chime in here, Griz, great pics, sounds like a great time was had by all. I like the chairs on the roof to catch the rays. That way the women folk wont track sand into the new rig.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 07:14 AM   #94

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ok, here is my solution to handle the Stinky Slinky. As you can see a 20' heavy duty hose fits in a marine dry box nicely. Donna always keeps a bottle of Fabuloso Cleaner(Fred Meyer,Safeway,ect) for general cleanup. Mainly because other than being a good cleaner it smells good. A couple of ounces in the box with some water and the slinky is not stinky anymore. Also put some Fabuloso in the sink drains, rig smells good and no grease build up in the pipes.

Old 08-23-2005, 07:24 AM   #95

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
nice idea for the Slinky Hoverbug

and how about those lawn chairs on the roof??
Don, you guys sit up there and watch the ocean?

but what i'm really hearing here, and unhappily at that, did we lose THREE (3) tres fuelpumps this last weekend ??
Don, did i read that you lost two? - one on the Onan and one on the gaspump?
and King Nick lost his as well ????
and there is talk that WW is recalling them??
(do i have any of that wrong? i'm reading some of that quick)
so when we camp, we should all bring extra fuses, matches, water, underwear, and now.... fuelpumps???
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #96

HB great Idea Where do I buy the Marine box? A Marine store?

Mike, We watched the whales (The ones in the ocean) and just loved the view from up their. Those roofs are made well. My fuel station pump works as advertised. Infact we used everything in the rig and then searched for anything we could find that didn't look right or was broken and the only problem we had or could find was the Onan fuel pump. I called Giant and they wanted the whole trailer and to make an apt. Called Joe in parts ext 146 at WW and he said they have had allot of bad Onan pumps. Just wants the bad one and my vin. I'm for that at 10MPG and $3.10+ for diesel I don't need to be hauling that beast anywhere but to and from my camping local.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 08-23-2005, 12:20 PM   #97

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ha! Don thats good. In fact the last time I was at FT. Lewis they had them in the PX. I got mine originally for my boat from West Boating store in Fla. A few years back I got tired of pushing and pulling the slinky out of & into the tube. What a pita. This way you hooh it up and carry the box to a drain feeding the hose out. I, like Clark & Sean flush well before unhooking... Thost pics are great, glad the family had a good time. I am wondering if the problem with the genset is a clogged filter that failed the pump?? I know its in warranty but it is an easy replace. So you are wise not to leave the rig at the shop. I don't sleep good when I have done that.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:43 PM   #98

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We watched the whales (The ones in the ocean) and just loved the view from up their. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are really a romantic guy. That was really touching.

But as far as leaving your trailer at the dealer for a few days, would they just give you the pump and toss you $40 in store credit or something like that??
My dealer, although they have their ups and downs too, prefers to do service like that at your house or your storage yard. That is cool. They have contracted with one of those mobile RV serice guys to go locally to the RV, not to have that RV come to them. I think they figure that having to own a large yard is too much money, its easier to service at the home direct.
Good enough with me.

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote