Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-23-2005, 07:02 PM   #1

Does anyone put a flag on there rig when they camp? We are looking into this. Dont know where to mount it though. Any ideas?

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2005, 07:02 PM   #2

Does anyone put a flag on there rig when they camp? We are looking into this. Dont know where to mount it though. Any ideas?

WW LE3505
Old 06-23-2005, 07:14 PM   #3

Rod,

I spent the BIG $$$ at Camp World for the Aluminum extension pole, I put the holder under my front jack. Extends some 15'-20' and I can fly 2 big flags. There is a web site, I believe polesandholders.com or something like that. They sell fiberglass poles and holders that clamp on a ladder or side of the rig. I'll see if I can find the web address again.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:38 PM   #4

Melon I saw them at the offroad sand show at OC fairgrounds about a month ago. They look sweet and I will be ordering the pole. I just can't make up my mind if I want the holder from them or to build one from PVC myself.

http://www.polesandholders.com/

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:51 PM   #5

I have the Poles and Holders ladder mount and 16' pole. Been using them for over a year and they're still holding up. I usually have two flags flying and a small lighted whip on the tip. No complaints from me.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:08 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grizwald2:
Melon I saw them at the offroad sand show at OC fairgrounds about a month ago. They look sweet and I will be ordering the pole. I just can't make up my mind if I want the holder from them or to build one from PVC myself.

http://www.polesandholders.com/

Griz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now...I've been wondering where all those guys get all of them 'fangdangled' flag poles and sutff....Thanks for the link! I've got no less than about 15 flags to fly @ Phoenix in November!!! (And if you want the a$$ end of your rig to look like a bulls rear-end...got them too!!).
Old 06-23-2005, 09:28 PM   #7

been using the tall kit from poles and holders (22FT. I think) since january every trip with two flags, no probs yet. see pics...

06 Rampage 387
RRC/AMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:34 PM   #8

Hey RRC!!!

Wow...been a while since we've seen ya! Thanks for chimen' in! Good pics...I REALLY need to think about a buy on those poles...

Sean
Old 06-23-2005, 09:40 PM   #9

Yeah, I'm going to have to order a flag pole too. The ladder mount would be perfect for me.

I'm going to look into one of Big Bufords lighted whips also. Those look great and make it easy to find your TH after a night ride.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:49 PM   #10

Wes,

I got a red strobe light and mounted it to the top of my flag pole. You can see that thing for a LONG way. Sure makes a nice way to get back to the rig or for friends coming in to find you late at night.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:23 AM   #11

OK, I went to polesandholders.com, the only ladder mount they offer dose not look like it will mount vertically straight because of the bend in the ladder to follow the contour of the front of the trailer. (I saw one like it on a pic of 56Nomads trailer). I am thinking what I will do is buy the pole, find out the diameter, and build another mount myself.

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 06-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #12

The ladder mount will mount straight. The mounting arms are long enough to accomodate an angle of about 30 degrees.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:51 AM   #13

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
got to get one of those pole mounts too.
(that way i will be able to find my trailer, amongst a sea of trailers at glamis ALL with lighted poles )
and I got a few of those 10 foot long light tubes (from HomeDepot) that you can plug into each other for end to end, and these ones had red/white/blue lights in the tubes. They look pretty cool. You can drape them on top of stuff, and i usually hang them around the awning. But i need to get one of those poles, put a light on its top, and string my light tube up it as well.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:15 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
And if you want the a$$ end of your rig to look like a bulls rear-end...got them too!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not sure what to make of that, Sean..

Jamman is offline   Reply With Quote