Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by allendp:
Since Bob stuck my name in here - guess I'd better reply. I bought the Kipor 3500TI at the Houston RV Show last year for $965 less that half the price of the Honda EU3000, just as quiet if not quiter and runs everything in the rig along with my bedroom air with no problem. Comes with a 2 year factory warranty. I am pretty happy with it.

Forgot to mention it is the inverter type with very "clean" power so you can operate computers etc. with no problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting...that is some considerable savings (EU3000 has MSRP of $1999). Good luck!

Sean

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2006, 06:38 PM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crime Pays:
Does anyone here use one instead of the onboard genny? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've always carried our little Honda 1000 with us and hardly ever use the big Onan. If I had to do it again, I'd go with the Honda 2000.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:31 PM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 56Nomad:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crime Pays:
Does anyone here use one instead of the onboard genny? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've always carried our little Honda 1000 with us and hardly ever use the big Onan. If I had to do it again, I'd go with the Honda 2000. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh wow, Howie...I'm surprised you haven't turned that 1000 into a 2000 yet (a little cylinder work here, a little valve work there )...what the heck you been doin', man?!

BTW...I just changed your official title here...fingered I better get to ya before the competition did! (BTW...you're the first one bud! There are certain 'perks' here that you cainn't anywhere else! ).

Tom's next....
Old 09-22-2006, 08:02 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Boy, we'd better look out now 56, I think WW got some pm, or something???? Getter done!!!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:20 PM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Boy, we'd better look out now 56, I think WW got some pm, or something???? Getter done!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope Tom...I'm wielding the pen and found a new Mod Joy! Cr@p...'bout ding-dang time we found a way to keep our members chained to this place! Now if Dave does it the same thing over on the Alt Channel, we'll just find another to play with!

Howie's OUR guy...dang it! We named him FIRST (Because I'm you Mod and I said so... ).

Seriously, and I mean seriously, Howie's been a very important part of our group- has given countless times and efforts in helping us make our 2nd homes what we want them to be, and he deserves the title. If anyone has a problem with this (and I'm sure there's NO ONE who hasn't benefited from his threads and posts) and wants to PM me with any details, I'll look at it. And I don't want to de-signify this "award" in any way, shape, or form- this is a way to show true alligence to a member who has impacted our iRV2 Toyhauler existance in an extraodinary way.

Howie...you're the guy, man...love ya!!

Sean
Old 09-22-2006, 09:07 PM   #20

Kipor vs Honda noise levels.

From www.hondapowerequipment.com
Honda EU3000 Noise Level 58 dB @ rated load
49 dB @ 1/4 load (They do not specify distance though I keep seeing 7m as the "standard" measure on other gensets).

From Kipor spec sheets at www.josephabrams.com
Kipor KGE3500tc Noise level[dB(A)/7m] (zero load~full load) 60-64

IF, and only IF, the Honda spec is measured at 7m (you know, sound intensity is square of distance) the HONDA would be noticeably quieter.

Is the Honda so much quiter as to be worth double the price? Only you and your neighbors can be the judge!

Flow those electrons!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:13 PM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:

BTW...I just changed your official title here...fingered I better get to ya before the competition did! (BTW...you're the first one bud! There are certain 'perks' here that you cainn't anywhere else! ).

Tom's next.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Sean!

And.....I've started my mods over in the Camper forum NEW
Old 09-22-2006, 09:26 PM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RVDude:
Kipor vs Honda noise levels.

From www.hondapowerequipment.com
Honda EU3000 Noise Level 58 dB @ rated load
49 dB @ 1/4 load (They do not specify distance though I keep seeing 7m as the "standard" measure on other gensets).

From Kipor spec sheets at www.josephabrams.com
Kipor KGE3500tc Noise level[dB(A)/7m] (zero load~full load) 60-64

IF, and only IF, the Honda spec is measured at 7m (you know, sound intensity is square of distance) the HONDA would be noticeably quieter.

Is the Honda so much quiter as to be worth double the price? Only you and your neighbors can be the judge!

Flow those electrons! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey RVDude! Thanks for the facts...I've never been a good judge of dbs (what..I cain't HEAR you!)...but just doin the math, you're right...should be a noticeable difference.

BTW...I don't if anyone's welcomed you to iRV2, but if they haven't, let me be the first to do so!! WELCOME!!!!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:27 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 56Nomad:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:

Tom's next.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Sean!

And.....I've started my mods over in the Camper forum NEW </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Howie, I would be worried if you DIDN'T do that! But just remember...we're your first love, OK buddy?!

Sean
Old 09-22-2006, 09:30 PM   #24

Well Howie, I would be worried if you DIDN'T do that! But just remember...we're your first love, OK buddy?!

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me and the TH Forum
Old 09-23-2006, 08:55 PM   #25

BTW...I don't if anyone's welcomed you to iRV2, but if they haven't, let me be the first to do so!! WELCOME!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks WW! Glad to be here...
jeff
Old 10-03-2006, 05:29 PM   #26

We use a Honda 1000 many times for all but the microwave and AC. runs quite for hours on a half gallon of fuel, plus it has come in handy around the house.

SAS!

2004.5 Dodge 3500 SRW 4X4 QC CTD 600
SAS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tom's next.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just what is this supposed to mean WWFan???
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tom's next.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just what is this supposed to mean WWFan??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy Senoir Tomas...you must be bored...you're trollin' like the dickens looking at 11 day old posts!

Heck...renaming your "title" wouldn't be any fun- you'd just change it back to what you wanted...dang moderators.

But, believe me, when I get the hunkerin' to do it, it'll be fun!