Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #1

Did the PDI this morning and used a check list I found on line by Tom Boles. I followed it to the letter and did come up with some things that needed corrected. So thanks Tom, where ever you are.
I also want to recommend Sun City RV in Peoria, AZ. The entire staff, from Richie (salesman), Robin (found a lower rate loan for me), Terri for a VERY patient PDI, and Linda (sales manager) for being pleasant even though I started negotiating a price at about 70% MSRP.
The were all very up front and honest. I even overheard another salesman tell someone, "I'm not going to let you drive off this lot with that tow vehicle". They were very conscious of weight limits.

Most of the stuff I found was minor. Silicone spots on the exterior, the lock on the generator door was on upside down, and the door to the fuel hose didn't seem to fit correctly. They fixed the simple stuff and ordered a new fuel door for it.

2BlueHeelers - I tried your suggestion with the 12V system, but even after putting the bed up and down 3 times, I couldn't find fault with the converter. Had every light on and the stereo blasting. And yes, the generator was off and we were disconnected from the shore power. I talked with Frank, their service tech and he did say he was aware of the 10 guage wire. Said they do it for 3 reasons. 1) because it's only a 30A system the 10GA is sufficient 2) it's cheaper and 3) it's cheaper!
He did admit that a 6 to 4 would charge the batteries much faster and agreed to redo the wiring for me. I'll do the converter conversion later myself. So, 2Blue, thanks so much for the information. And to everyone else here that have been so helpful. With this new unit, I'm sure there will be a lot more questions.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #2

Did the PDI this morning and used a check list I found on line by Tom Boles. I followed it to the letter and did come up with some things that needed corrected. So thanks Tom, where ever you are.
I also want to recommend Sun City RV in Peoria, AZ. The entire staff, from Richie (salesman), Robin (found a lower rate loan for me), Terri for a VERY patient PDI, and Linda (sales manager) for being pleasant even though I started negotiating a price at about 70% MSRP.
The were all very up front and honest. I even overheard another salesman tell someone, "I'm not going to let you drive off this lot with that tow vehicle". They were very conscious of weight limits.

Most of the stuff I found was minor. Silicone spots on the exterior, the lock on the generator door was on upside down, and the door to the fuel hose didn't seem to fit correctly. They fixed the simple stuff and ordered a new fuel door for it.

2BlueHeelers - I tried your suggestion with the 12V system, but even after putting the bed up and down 3 times, I couldn't find fault with the converter. Had every light on and the stereo blasting. And yes, the generator was off and we were disconnected from the shore power. I talked with Frank, their service tech and he did say he was aware of the 10 guage wire. Said they do it for 3 reasons. 1) because it's only a 30A system the 10GA is sufficient 2) it's cheaper and 3) it's cheaper!
He did admit that a 6 to 4 would charge the batteries much faster and agreed to redo the wiring for me. I'll do the converter conversion later myself. So, 2Blue, thanks so much for the information. And to everyone else here that have been so helpful. With this new unit, I'm sure there will be a lot more questions.

Old 07-08-2006, 04:53 PM   #3

Glad to hear it all went well. Sounds like a good dealer offering the upgraded wire to you.

Now you need to get a few trips under your belt before joining us at rowdy or socal 3.

ENJOY!!!

2BlueHeelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:29 PM   #4
AXE

I have talked with Sun City RV too. If I can ask, what type of unit did you buy and how much did you get off MSRP? I have been targeting 25% and nobody seem to be too serious about considering that price. Thanks!

Out!
Old 07-20-2006, 06:07 AM   #5

Axe,

It was a 2006 Rage'n FS2600. Last model of that one on the lot. It had been sitting there about 3 months, so they wanted it gone. That plus the fact that my DW and I made about 4 or 5 trips there to look at it. Didn't try to get too emotional about it and treated it like a business decision.
Ended up at about 23% off MSRP. Take you time with it, but let them know you're not just kicking tires and wasting there time.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:46 AM   #6

Well congrats azstroke!!

Sounds like you took your time and did the whole thing right...like 2BH says, get some trips outta the way and come join us! And try to get Conner2002, Aaron H, and Lincster to come with ya!!

Sean
Old 07-20-2006, 07:34 PM   #7

axe,
dont know where you are, but if your are in the central area, try Stier RV. posted price is what you pay. made a great deal on out Thor in Ventura.
Good luck

acjjkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:28 PM   #8
AXE

23% off is a good deal, was that your OTD price or did you add the 10% TTL? I am definitely leaning toward the Rage'n, but I like the Rampage too because of the features and the UL listing.

Out!
Old 07-21-2006, 05:57 AM   #9

Not 23% OTD, just off MSRP. Like I said above....nice, honest people. I felt good leaving the lot and I'm sure they felt good making a sale and moving their inventory.
I also had them put on a 14K Equalizer hitch that they made some profit on, but I wasn't going to nickle and dime them on it and didn't want the hassle of putting it on.
Sales guy I dealt with is Richie Phillips. Nice kid.....of course anyone under 40 is a kid to me.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:31 PM   #10
AXE

Well, I am leaning towards an 06 Freestyle 286(same as Rampage). Van's RV has both an aluminum and a fiberglass left. He said he would doe the aluminum at $28K . That is only about 19% off MSRP of $34,500 + TTL, So around $31K OTD. Not sure that is the deal I want, but comparitively for the quality, size, and equipment it is the best deal I have seen. I guess these are the only UL listed toyhauler on the market, so I like that.

What do you think?

Out!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:56 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Well congrats azstroke!!

Sounds like you took your time and did the whole thing right...like 2BH says, get some trips outta the way and come join us! And try to get Conner2002, Aaron H, and Lincster to come with ya!!

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I will do Glamis Halloween out at wash 20 or so
Old 07-24-2006, 08:29 PM   #12

Awwwwww....dang it Conner! That's the Rowdy @ Razor trip! Sure you guys don't want to come out for that? I know it's a little farther, but I can almost guarantee you'll have some fun! C'mon!