Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2016, 11:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooncreekers View Post
Just thinking- if we put a gas golf cart in garage area of a th, is gas vapor an issue?
There should be small ventilation doors on both sides of the garage area. They are made of aluminum, are rectangular with rounded corners, and open outward with a handle that is on the inside. They also usually have screens in them to keep the bugs out. They are designed to let the air circulate in the garage area and keep the fumes from building to a dangerous level.
hookjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2016, 12:52 PM   #16

Here's how I made my patio.....

My husband works out of town and I couldn't find someone to install metal cords, so I went to Harbor Freight and bought two jacks that I put close to the 2 corners on the ground. I had to get 6 ton jacks, WAY overkill, but the 2 ton ones were not tall enough, and I couldn't figure out a way to boost them up. Ditto for the bottle jacks. Also these were only about $30 and the bottle jacks were more expensive. I am cushioning the contact area between the jack and the ramp with the cardboard and bubble wrap from the box just as a quick fix, but plan to wrap some sheepskin or leather or something around the tops of the jacks for a more permanent solution. These set up really quick, you just pull the top out to the highest ratchet. They collapse and come apart for storage, although they are very heavy. I have a dog pen that folds up that I put around the edge to keep the dogs in. Don't have a good way to attach it to the trailer yet, but will figure something out. All suggestions are welcome and appreciated, for this entire system actually! Also, took the mattress off the lower bunk in the cargo area, added it to the bed in the bedroom (MUCH more comfortable to sleep on now!) thus creating a storage area for all this stuff that I can raise or lower as I need it. PERFECT!
mlpmd56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:25 AM   #17

Going to try the cable method

I bought the cables yesterday and have ordered stainless steel, drop forged eye bolts. These eye bolts should never rust and can hold up to 1000 lbs each. I have a 2009 Keystone Fuzion, and had a devil of a time trying to find the weight rating for my ramp (It's supposed to be on a sticker attached to the ramp somewhere, but mine must have fallen off), but after much research, it seems that it is rated at 1500 lbs. With 1/4 inch plastic coated cables rated at 1300 lbs, clevises rated around the same, and the eye bolts I think I will be good. I'll post again when the job is finished. Funny thing, I had to take all of the math in college, and have never used it, but for this I had to reach back to my high school geometry to get the length for the cable. A squared + B squared = C squared. Dang, this stuff really works. Turns out the cable needed to be 9', 2 5/8"
hookjockey is offline   Reply With Quote