Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #1

Ramp conversion to patio

Again, thanks in advance for sharing all your knowledge. Would not trust ANYTHING a salesperson told me.
Can ANY toy hauler ramp be converted into a patio? Or would the ramp/door need to be reinforced in some way? Are the side ramps the same and as sturdy as the ones on the back? How difficult is it to convert a ramp into the patio, and is it a big pain to put up the railings, etc.? If it is factory installed instead of a later conversion, does that make it better/easier?
I know, I am just FULL of questions.
Appreciate the help!
Marcy
mlpmd56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2016, 07:46 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
1) Guys making the patios aren't selling them direct. Probably due to deals with manufacturers.
2) I'd say that some doors are the same ramp or no ramp. Many RVs I've looked at were welded for the cable connections and the doors look the same between options. That's not to say that some doors could be different.

My guess is that someone will bust out an aftermarket option soon, I just don't know of one yet...
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:18 AM   #3

Looks like you can purchase the patio kit from Morryde. There has been talk that the doors used as patios are built and reinforced better.

http://www.morryde.com/products/155-...F6-toy-haulers
Way Of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
I *think* that's a product they only sell OEM, but I'd love to be corrected on that...
Old 02-12-2016, 01:26 PM   #5

I've known several folks that have purchased direct from Morryde. Their wet bolt kits are some of the most popular selling items and the service and tech support is excellent.
Way Of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree on the wet bolt kit!
Old 02-12-2016, 05:45 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Way Of Life View Post
Looks like you can purchase the patio kit from Morryde. There has been talk that the doors used as patios are built and reinforced better.

MORryde International, Inc. Snap-In Patio
When I had my Cyclone, one of the Heartland factory reps stated the same. However, I have seen several people make their own patios in various manners at race venues. IIRC, the weight rating was around 800 lbs on mine. I wheeled a 250 lb Weber gas grill, and it was not uncommon to have 3 - 4 adults on it. I had an idea of adding al trailer jack to each corner for reinforcement, but never got around to it before I sold it.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #8

Well I pulled the trigger on the New 2014 Palomino Puma 27 SBU. Was planning to buy used, but got a great deal. It does not have the back ramp equipped with the patio conversion stuff. I saw someone had posted pics here where they had fashioned their own patio--but now I can't find them! What kind of jacks do I buy to put under the corners to hold it up? I have dog equipment I can use as a fence around the perimeter--do you put steps off the end? I have a mounting block that I used for my horse and that I now use to get stuff out of the back of my huge pick up that I could probably use for steps, and then I won't be adding more "equipment." Thanks for all your help! Marcy
Old 03-13-2016, 11:19 AM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to redwing1
I just completed the job on our 2006 HR Next Level, don't have the nice railing/fence but no small children so no need for it.
It will take longer to round up the material than to do the job!
Two coated 3/8" cable already made up from Harbor Freight, two 8"x1/2"turn buckle and four D rings from Tractor Supply and 1 piece of 3/16 x 3' aluminum strap from Lowes. Made the 4" long Pin Blocks from junk metal (2 ea). Drill two holes thru the door for each block and one 1/2" hole in each upper corner brace, install the D rings and connect the cables with turn buckles and done! All for less than $50.
redwing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:28 PM   #10

Thanks Redwing1. I'll buy you dinner if you come and do mine! :-)
Old 04-03-2016, 07:53 AM   #11

Stinky gas smell?

Just thinking- if we put a gas golf cart in garage area of a th, is gas vapor an issue?
cooncreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 02:43 PM   #12

My Impact 312 has vents to open in the garage when toys are loaded. So did my 26rr. Does your's not have vents?
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:40 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
I hauled a Kawasaki Mule for many miles and never had any issues. Most of the newer engines, including golf carts are EFI.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:38 PM   #14

It was first thing I removed from GD toy hauler. Not many sights give the length for patio. Plus we use garage as second bedroom. Hope this helps.
sc1camping is offline   Reply With Quote