Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #1

raptor 3602 and 382lev

Does anyone have any experience with these toyhaulers? problems with the door ramp and HD bagger clearance ect. seems like the best of toyhauler and room if I can just leave my love (no not my wife, the bike) outside thanks for the info
Fred & Kenna

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #2
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Fred and welcome to iRV2. We have a 35' Toy-hauler and carry our 05 Goldwing and a quad. We only have a 8.5' garage and sometimes I wish it was longer. What kind of trouble are you talking about, the wing goes in with no problem even the antenna clears I do have to remember to put the quad flag in though. My ramp is rated at 1000 lbs and the garage is designed for 2500lbs. We like the garage because I don't have to take the bikes out every night if we are on a long trip, close the door and forget about them.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #3

Kablemaster
The 2 haulers I am asking about have either a lounge that is raised be electric lift and a tv and fireplace instead of the garage or 2 lounge chairs and desk in the lev and their is no separate wall so you get 80 sq ft more of living space.
Fred
Old 02-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
We have looked at several Raptor's, and Cheri really likes the 361 LEV. This is our second toy hauler the first did not have a separate garage and our daughter dose not have one ether. They wish they had one like ours with the wall, and I am sure after the first time out where you spend several days before getting to your final destination you might agree when your carrying your bike, that the walled garage would have been a great idea. They even come with bars and refrigerators in there for the ultimate man cave when your parked, and the extend a room over the tail gate makes a lot of room for get together's
Old 02-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #5

Sorry Kablewizard
I have a KZ sportster now and after last month in Austin where we froze our behinds off I was looking for something with more room, you know the cake and eatit too thing. Yours has the full back dooe where the 2 we are looking at have a 4' door that looks a little flimzy. I thinl I like the 3602 because of the wall and door but was not sure how much trouble the back door and electric couch would be. We have 2 whippets and they are pretty spoiled but a TV and refrig just for them , wife would probably send me and keep them.
Fred
Old 02-09-2010, 10:53 AM   #6

We have a 2008 3602 and haul an 1800 Goldwing. The small back door and U-lounge have worked out just fine. I do have a short windshield on my Goldwing (-2) since the U-lounge can only go up so far. I also have put an extra sheet of plywood under the tire when hauling the motorcycle. I believe the 2009 and 2010 3602RL’s use thicker plywood in the back.

A couple of points, I installed a couple of bolts at the rear floor, near the garage door to hold down the extra sheet of plywood. When pulling the bike out, I found that I need the plywood to stay put, or it may move around a bit from the front tire pulling the sheet around. These same bolts also hold the plywood against the wall when the U-lounge is down.

Also, I use four 6,000 lbs tie downs in the garage area. When you mount the tie downs, drill a small pilot hole in the floor of the garage first and stick a wire down through the hole to see if it all is clear. Note that near the outside wall, a very large I-beam is about 6 inches from the wall. You have to clear the I-beam to mount the tie downs. Also, the tie down in the center of the garage will be over the gas tank. I made sure my hands could reach above the tank so I could secure the bolts. I positioned my tie downs in the garage to match my motorcycle.

One last think, I do carry an extra aluminum ramp with me. At some camping sites, the back of the trailer can be very high off the ground, so with the extra ramp, I can create a gently slop to pull the bike out. I use two automotive jack stands to create a low slop for the ramp. I also may look for low places around the camp site where I can pull the bike out, before I back (or pull) the trailer in. By the way, in a paved parking lot, you do not need anything else other than two pieces of 4x4 wood block to put under the metal ramp feet provided by keystone.

I also added two switches to the garage speakers in the roof in my garage area to turn the sound off. When my wife/company, views a DVD in the main galley, I do not hear the program in the back. I also added a 3rd AC. When it’s above 100 degrees, the back garage is cool, but not as cool as the rest of the camper. The 3rd AC makes it very comfortable back there in the garage.

I also use a vent rod to reach the vent in the rear bathroom. The ceiling is about 9 feet high, so even I being 6 foot one, need some help with a rod to open the vent, and turn the fan on.

I have no complaints about the Raptor 3602. You will have to create a couple of tools to help with bike removal and insertion, but all in all, I like the huge extra room in the back. You also have to watch the rear slide-out since its pillar is about inch away from the rear refrigerator. I have not had a problem so far, but if you’re not careful, you could destroy your slide out wall and refrigerator door.

I have heard that other’s owners of the 3602RL have had problems with fit and finish, but I have not. I think the crews at Keystone who make the trailer are different, so if you buy one, look at the all the wall edges to see if their square. If they look square and professional, you most likely had a good crew build the unit.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #7

rwdl60
Thanks for your experiences. Your wing and my classic probably weigh about the same but I am a little concerned about the windshield and the couch. With all the snow in Indiana I may just hibernate until July and forget the 5ver. Again thanks for the information.
Fred & Kenna
Old 02-18-2010, 01:31 AM   #8

There's about 5 feet and 1/2 inch of space to fit your bike. I have about 4 1/2 inch of clearance between the bottom of the couch and the top of the windshield when the front tire of my bike is mounted in the wheel chuck and the couch if fully extended up.

There's also enough space back there in the garage to move around, even when the rear slide is IN.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #9

rwdl60 and Kablewizard
I must have lost my mind as I did buy a used 08 3602, now all I have to do is wiat till it warms up enough to do the trade. Thanks for all the great feedback.
Fred & Kenna
Old 07-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #10

I have the Raptor 382LEV, the ramp is strong enough and the width is no problem for my Road King or Electraglide. However the lenght is 8'3". No problem unless you have exhaust that extends out longer.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #11

Here's how I solved the ramp problem when the trailer's rear end is high up.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:25 AM   #12

HarleyRaptor
Be sure to check the floor where the rear tire sits. Mine was 5/8 chip board and the rear tire caused the chipboard to fail. I had to take up the lino and install 3/4 marine plywood to fix the hole. I have had no problem with the ramp and just use jackstands to vary the hight.
Fred
Old 07-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #13

Fred P,
Thanks, maybe I could go in underneath before I have a problem and give it some additional support, what do you think? I also have been using the jackstands. The only scary part to me is backing down the ramp, at a certain point the tire breaks loose and skids down a little faster than I want.
Chuck
Old 07-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #14

You can slit the fabric and use 2x4's laid flat between the aluminum joice but you will need to take the black strip at the door and the "trim" pieces loose from the driver side wall and pull the linoleum back to screw the 2x's the lino is only perimeter glued and I used the thin double stick tape to relay it. Put your bike in 1st gear and use the compression to slow your decent, after a couple of times it will be easy.
Fred

Tags
kz-rv