Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:17 AM   #15

The RV Consumer Group is a NONPROFIT membership organization. They are not aligned or affiliated with the RV industry.

The RVCG is not perfect (what is?) but they are the best unbiased source of information on RV's that I know of . We would have made a very big mistake without the RVCG. Website-- www.rv.org

Most of the people that bad mouth the RVCG, bought a rv that did not rate very well!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #16

We have the Raptor 3814. No major problems. A ton of space lots of goodies. Deffinetly upgrade your tires depending on the load. Just my .02
gina

Old 05-04-2008, 05:06 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Link:
Most of the people that bad mouth the RVCG, bought a rv that did not rate very well!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, many of us who downplay their arbitrary (IMHO) rating system are experienced RVers who know what we're looking for and how to evaluate RVs for ourselves when we're shopping for one. I frankly don't know and don't especially care how our RV was rated by RVCG.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #18

Rusty just conformed my statement about a RV that does not rate so high!! The RVCG is right on about this RV!!

His RV manufacter is having a lot of problems--
This is just ONE quote from an owner on another forum--
"The only other things I can add is that it is a buyers beware market. I currently own an 06 Mobile Suite by Doubletree and can without a doubt highly recommend that you don't ever consider this brand. They are too new a company and have a lot of QC and engineering problems at this point in time."

"I know that I will get jumped on for saying that about them but it is the truth, lots and lots of repetitive mistakes no communication between the management, engineers and the line
people." End of quote.

Maybe Rusty, you want to dig your hole a little deeper? I will be glad to forward on your bad mouthing to the RVCG.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have found the best way to look at RV's is through experience, but it can be costly to get there. So listen to experience RVers and get lots of input. The hard part is filtering out the manure.

After looking at some of the RVs you will start to see the differences beyond the surface glitter. A lot of manufacturers put all of the effort in the cosmetics and for get the basic structure.

Take along a flash light and look in the backs of cabinets, the corners of lockers and pull out drawers. The better manufactures will neatly secure and bundle wire and pipes. Penetrations in cabinets and floors will be smooth and not jagged. The cabinets are assembled with screws and not staples. The cabinets are not plastic coated particle board. Of course, the quality construction cost money.

So I guess you need to get the best you can afford. Money is better spent on a older high end trailer that has been cared for and maintained over an entry level RV. The depreciation on new RV is pretty heavy, so let some else take that hit.

Ken
Old 05-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Link:
His RV manufacter is having a lot of problems--
This is just ONE quote from an owner on another forum--
"The only other things I can add is that it is a buyers beware market. I currently own an 06 Mobile Suite by Doubletree and can without a doubt highly recommend that you don't ever consider this brand. They are too new a company and have a lot of QC and engineering problems at this point in time."

"I know that I will get jumped on for saying that about them but it is the truth, lots and lots of repetitive mistakes no communication between the management, engineers and the line
people." End of quote.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
With all respect, a quotation from one owner proves nothing. Pick any RV manufacturer and you'll find dissatisfied owners - scan through our Owner's Forums below and see if you can find an RV manufacturer who has never had a problem and has 100% owner satisfaction. I've never found one.

Having said that, we have owned our RV since August 2004 and are satisfied with our purchase. It has been back to the dealer for a warranty repair twice since we've owned it. Once for a broken slideout drive gear - DoubleTree replaced the entire slideout drive assembly, and the second time for a failed Dometic refrigerator cooling unit, which had nothing to do with DoubleTree RV - Dometic replaced the cooling unit.

I really don't care what the RVCG thinks about it - I didn't spend their money, so their opinion frankly doesn't matter to me. If spending the money for their stuff makes you feel warmer and fuzzier about buying an RV, that's great - go for it! And, by the way, you're welcome to forward my comments to any one you wish.

Rusty

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv