Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:07 PM   #1

Cool Ready to upgrade

Hi everyone, I'm new here and soon to be a new owner of an rv. I've been looking at toyhaulers for quite some time and am really liking the Road Warrior, and Cyclones. What are some of your favs?

Cool Road Warrior Video

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with your choice.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #3

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to iRV2!
A couple of years ago, I was in the same position as you... We spent a TON of time looking at all the new shiny stuff, but at the end of the day, we opted for a very nice used unit. I just could not swallow a 20-25% hit in depreciation after one year.. That got us looking at used units and the rest is history...

They unit we bought cost us 1/4 of the brand new price and it was a low use unit... Yes, a couple of issues, but nothing insurmountable..
Old 03-23-2015, 03:59 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome, glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:26 PM   #6

Looks like a very nice toy hauler!

We take ours off pavement quite a bit and sometimes the roads are pretty rough, so we went with a Desert Fox. They are known for their durability and off road capabilities.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:05 AM   #7

I've never heard of Desert Fox, I'll have to look that one up! Anyone experienced with Torque, Raptor, or Cyclone? I've been looking at those as well. The same dealer that made the Road Warrior video has videos for those as well. They all look pretty cool but I was liking the Road Warrior because the garage looks pretty big and the amenities look nice. The side and ramp patios seem really cool because it would add more living space once your all set up.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:59 AM   #8

From one Jerry to another, welcome to the forum. I don't have experience with toy haulers, so can't help you there. As far as purchasing "used" or "new", there has been a lot of discussion on this forum about that. I can say that my DW and I took about two years to decide on the coach that was right for us. Look at both new and used. Take your time. At some point along the journey the perfect coach for you will stand out above the rest. Then you can purchase with confidence.

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636 (on order)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Old 03-25-2015, 07:33 AM   #9

The only thing that makes me nervous about buying used is I have to wonder what is wrong with it that someone returned it after 1-2 seasons. That's mainly why I've been looking at new. I know something could still go wrong but at least the dealerships I spoke with offer some warranties.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #10
DDW

Thumbs up

I got a new one for the same reason. I've had a Victory Lane and just got a Thunderbolt AMP. When It's was looking I just looked for a floor plan I liked and got it. Good luck looking.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:02 PM   #11

Jerry, I have been looking at toy haulers as well. I like the Grand Design Momentum 388M. I really like the layout and the bath and a half, 14' garage and a very comfortable bed. Almost all toy haulers have the same frame made by Lippert. If I'm wrong about that let me know.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:33 AM   #12

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry.camb View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new here and soon to be a new owner of an rv. I've been looking at toyhaulers for quite some time and am really liking the Road Warrior, and Cyclones. What are some of your favs?

Cool Road Warrior Video

Old 04-01-2015, 10:22 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
We looked for about a year and went to numerous shows and we bought a voltage 3200. I think voltage makesmon of the luxurious haulers of all of them besides the momentum. You can look on dutchmen owners.org and there a couple of lightly used models on there for good deals. My favorite thing is they are about the only hauler thatboffers the ojtdoor entertainment center. But i am a guy.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:51 PM   #14

Welome, Jerry!

We've spent the last several months closely examining Toyhaulers from all the manufacturers. We will be full-timing in ours, so we had some very specific requirements: a king bed; washer/dryer space; a kitchen you can actually cook in, with a pantry; and most importantly, a living room where the seating faces the entertainment center. I did not like the Raptor, the construction was sub-par on several units we saw and the steps to the bedroom were oddly spaced. The kitchens in the Cyclones were short on electrical outlets and storage. I liked the Momentum, and the Voltage 3970 was very nice, but we ultimately went with the Vengeance Touring Edition 39r12. I love the patio & 3 season door, and am very much looking forward to the delivery of our new home.

Mrs. M

Tags
upgrade